Sign in to follow this  
TheFallenHero

Ghille suits

Why don't people search anymore? I know I have answered this questions many times already.

It is all up to you, some people don't need them and others do.

As for the suit, all up to you again, and depends on what you plan on doing as to what suit you need to make or buy.

Easiest way to get one your size...... make one yourself. As they will always look the best, and match much better than a store bought one.

Well I mean. If I do buy one and decide that the sniper role isnt for me after using it a few times will it be useful in other roles aswell?

C'mon, stop just asking question and start researching and using your brain a bit.

"Im curious to know if ghille suits are a must or just a useful thing to have."

Is it a must....Is it a must to wear a jacket in the winter?

Is it a must to wear shorts in the summer?

Same thing.....

"Also if it is an important thing does anybody know a good site to buy them from. Im about 5'9"."

Why not call the stores?

Why not find a walk-in store? Hunting stores and etc.

"Also is it better to have a full body one or just a back shoulder head one?"

Is there a point of whole body if all you do is laying down in grass/covers?

Does having the front of the body covered with a bunch of ghillie material help you craw your way through?

Does not having the full body ghillie help when you are stand straight up?

"If I do buy one and decide that the sniper role isnt for me after using it a few times will it be useful in other roles aswell?"

Are snipers the ONLY ONES who are allowed to wear ghillie suits?

What does ghillie suit trying to achieve?

THINK BEFORE POSTING. THANK YOU

Same thing goes for the gun performance info threads.....SEARCH FOR THE REVIEWS.

Edited by EDI 1st

My point of asking is because for all I know random people could be posting reviews and the people could be like 10 years old. I just want someone experienced and not some kid thats 10 years old trying to describe whats good and what isnt while he is still in his pajamas.

Also there were no well mbo5 reviews.

Edited by TheFallenHero

Please let's not have a flame war. Woogie and EDI are both very very credible reviewers, techs, and snipers. They may be two of the better snipers on this forum, and are very experienced in the area. It's best to make your own ghillie, but I believe you can get one on airsoft atlanta or redwolfairsoft for $80. I'm not really sure what size is best, but it is far better to make your own. There's actually a guide on here how to do it. Both Woogie and EDI were simply trying to make it easier for you, that search bar will be a MUST for future searches. It's very handy, please use it. Sorry if I came across as being rude, as that wasn't intended.

it really depends on the environment in which you play. If u play in an environment where none of the store bought ghillies will conceal you, then u do have to make your own. I play where its mostly green and dark, so a store bought ghillie works fine. Again, use the search bar. A lot of the top search results wont be from 10 year olds.

oh and stay in the shadows.

Edited by sniperx2s

it really depends on the environment in which you play. If u play in an environment where none of the store bought ghillies will conceal you, then u do have to make your own. I play where its mostly green and dark, so a store bought ghillie works fine. Again, use the search bar. A lot of the top search results wont be from 10 year olds.

oh and stay in the shadows.

My field is mostly like dead brown leaves. And what I figured I would do was buy a store bought one then buy some different colors of jute and adjust it. And add rubber bands and stuff for actual foliage. I also figured I would get a crawler one so when I do crawl im not getting tangled in everything.

My field is mostly like dead brown leaves. And what I figured I would do was buy a store bought one then buy some different colors of jute and adjust it. And add rubber bands and stuff for actual foliage. I also figured I would get a crawler one so when I do crawl im not getting tangled in everything.

Yea, try to find a store one that'll match the "brown leaves" pattern.

Just make one yourself.

Yea, try to find a store one that'll match the "brown leaves" pattern.

Just make one yourself.

Yea. Well I plan on doing some research but price is also a factor so I cant go crazy. Are all ghillie suits made using a netting around them? Because I found like these fake plastic leaf things designed to go onto the netting.

It seems what im looking for is a chameleon one. As they are made with leaves. And I figure I could try to find and buy one. Then when I got it I would just take shoe goo and glue everything down and reinforce the knees elbows and stomach/chest area.

Edited by TheFallenHero

You know....

It's always a lot cheaper to make one yourself and the product is always better if you know what you are doing or follow the instruction....

I know that. I planned on buying a cover all and doing it so that my shoulders and back of everything was covered but on the arms I was going to do all of the arm front and back and do the same on the legs. Just to make sure that they will stay covered. But I will have to figure out a way to rig a hat hood type of thing.

I know that. I planned on buying a cover all and doing it so that my shoulders and back of everything was covered but on the arms I was going to do all of the arm front and back and do the same on the legs. Just to make sure that they will stay covered. But I will have to figure out a way to rig a hat hood type of thing.

Boonie hats are great for a headpiece on a ghillie, the round brim helps the material from getting and your face and it stays secure. There is a thread at the top of this page that could provide all the information that you require