chatreed

What's your pocket knife? What do u suggest to go with?

Yeah I figured I would reassure your decision to buy a Rift based on my positive experience. You know if you go to a lot of online retailers they sell Benchmades for 25% off or so with coupon codes. Benchmade just doesn't allow them to advertise lower prices. Look at Knifeworks, I got my Rift for $120 from there. They also have some cool exclusive designs like the Doug Ritter series that only they carry. And if you like the Becker Necker, check out the Eskabar. It's the handle of an Izula with the blade of a BK14 Necker. Full of win in my opinion.

oh cool thanks. Yeah I was looking at their 940 with the black handles. And if I'm gonna get the beckner necker I was just gonna get the original cause I like the handle. If I do get an ESEE I'll just stick with the izula.

Right now got my eye on an emerson CQC-7v for 150 on the forums. Ugh putting down that money is hard though...

If your looking for a cheap-but high quality pocket knife I would suggest the Kershaw Scamp 100% its only 20$ being one of the cheapest kershaw knives available, the only downside is that it is made in china but don't worry it won't break anytime soon. It also comes with partial serration, or no serration. http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/silencer-t200985.html

oh cool thanks. Yeah I was looking at their 940 with the black handles. And if I'm gonna get the beckner necker I was just gonna get the original cause I like the handle. If I do get an ESEE I'll just stick with the izula.

Right now got my eye on an emerson CQC-7v for 150 on the forums. Ugh putting down that money is hard though...

I don't buy Emerson just because I like the ZTs that are in that price range and I know Kershaw makes a solid knife. Also are you on Blade Forums by chance?

I don't buy Emerson just because I like the ZTs that are in that price range and I know Kershaw makes a solid knife. Also are you on Blade Forums by chance?

Yeah there are just some emerson designs that I can't pass up. CQC-7 and 8 are just sexy. Especially the 8. Such great ergos and blade shape. As much as I love the ZT's there are just some designs you can't get with any manufacturer. Sorta like sebenza's. Lot of companies try to copy what Chris Reeve already perfected.

And I should join but as of right now I just lurk around the for sale area.

Yeah that's true, the CQC-8 is very sexy I've actually thought about getting one on a few occasions but something else always seems to come up. And if you do join Blade Forums add me as a friend, same username.

alright done. If I ever get around 140-150 and see it for that price I'll definitely pick it up and have my local shop grind the edge into a normal V. Biggest issue with the emerson chisel grind is that it's on the wrong side :/

alright done. If I ever get around 140-150 and see it for that price I'll definitely pick it up and have my local shop grind the edge into a normal V. Biggest issue with the emerson chisel grind is that it's on the wrong side :/

Emerson actually doesn't use the chisel grind anymore, they stopped using it a couple years ago from what I've read. Now they already come with a normal V edge.

+1 for the SOG Flash II, I loved that knife when I had it. Sadly it's at the bottom of a river in MA so right now I carry around a SOG Micron II, a sturdy little knife, very easy to carry, and has nothing to get caught on.

Honestly I don't like carrying expensive knives, I don't need my $70-150 knife confiscated for whatever reason. I actually got both my SOG knives used and at a great price too.

Buck knives are great for the price though, but whatever one I had was extremely stiff and hard to open.

+1 for SOG Knives. My EDC is a SOG Trident folder. Wicked fast + durable.

Emerson actually doesn't use the chisel grind anymore, they stopped using it a couple years ago from what I've read. Now they already come with a normal V edge.

From what I've heard even though they call it a V grind it only refers to the top part of the grind. The actual relief edge is still a chisel like on the CQC-8. I don't know if anything has changed but that's what I've heard and seen last time I held an 8. Not a huge deal though either way. Either I go to get it reground or I keep as is.

I use the Kershaw RAM. GREAT knife!

oh neato. Was considering getting one of those but the 60 bucks made me iffy. It's supposed to be super smooth though right?

Just got my Cold Steel Counter Tac 2 in the mail this afternoon, its smaller than I was expecting, but fits nicely in my boot. Only time will tell how it holds up, but I've heard nothing but good things about Cold Steel.

Leaf

yeah I really like their lineup for the price they have it at. My only complaint is their texturing on the g-10 and the pocket clips they use. Chews the hell out of your pants so you have to mod it if you like your jeans without that fraying :P Otherwise the only other thing that could be said is their marketing is a bit obnoxious but w/e they're a company out to make money go figure.

<AT>G&ppro which sandvik steel in that in? I know I heard stuff about the 13 being more rust susceptible than the new 14 sandvik steel

I have quite a few blades. Mainly I carry my (de-branded; lost the trademarked one at church) Smith and Wesson extreme ops like this one. They sell them at Auto Zone (branded) for $8-10:

Smith-Wesson-CK70-rw-16695-7955.jpg

I also have a Western brand skinner in a leather sheath but I don't carry it often cause if my shirt falls over it then its CC and thats a NONO... :a-nonod::police:

I have a chinese made folder that I really like as well. I'll try to post a pic later...

Most of the knives I carry are 3-3.5 inch blades, unserrated, and folding. (theres no length limit on folding knives (in cali) and they don't have to be open carry)

My rule is this: Don't carry anything that doesn't lock securely, or something that lacks a fixed blade. too many cuts from knives closing on me.

You can get some pretty awesome knives for under 20 or even 10 dollars.

THIS is my dream knife right now

Edited by sharxbyte

I'm sure there are plenty of other pocket knife peeps out there, what do you carry and why?

I use a Great Neck multitool. It's somewhere between a swiss army knife and a Leatherman multitool. My work used to sell them, and when they finally cleared them out I got mine for $3 (clearance + discount). It's been a real handy tool. Thing is, I think they are discontinued, because I couldn't find them on the Great Neck online catalog.

Edited by LoneSniperSG

I've actually used the S&W M&P knives before. I can't say much about the steel but the assisted mechanism is neat. Sorta like an auto button but not really.

I used to EDC a Kershaw Storm II. I had two of them and they were great knives. Absolutely love them. The scalloped serrations Kershaw uses are the best serrations I've ever used. Sad to say the gremlins stole one and planted seeds of failure in the other. Right now one is on its way to Kershaw to hopefully get it fixed.

Also, I have a CRKT mini my tighe with those fancy serrations. They work well when pushing the knife in, or when you hook the serrations on smaller things like zip ties. They are just too jagged to use in a saw like motion.

I used to EDC a Kershaw Storm II. I had two of them and they were great knives. Absolutely love them. The scalloped serrations Kershaw uses are the best serrations I've ever used. Sad to say the gremlins stole one and planted seeds of failure in the other. Right now one is on its way to Kershaw to hopefully get it fixed.

Also, I have a CRKT mini my tighe with those fancy serrations. They work well when pushing the knife in, or when you hook the serrations on smaller things like zip ties. They are just too jagged to use in a saw like motion.

Ah yeah Kershaw serrations are the best. I just wish they would grind them on the other side and then it would be perfect.

Oh god, I would love it if they put the serration points on the other side. That would make cutting easier for righties, who are the majority of their user base.

Yepp 90% of manufacturers do it wrong. It's even worse when the whole knife is chisel ground like Emersons...

I never leave home without my little Victorinox in my pocket and my dad's old military-issue KA-BAR on my ankle. Neither have ever failed me, despite the fact that the Victorinox has been inside of a live pike's stomach twice....

Good word of advice: If it's a KA-BAR, it can stand more abuse than a Terminator, but you'll never get it to hold a proper edge.

Can we please ban Chatreed? All his posts are an advertisement setup to appear as a question but always contains a link to dealtime.com. He has made dozens of posts all following the exact format and doesn't revisit the thread. I will say though it appears he puts some effort into it or has a bot that is well designed

I never leave home without my little Victorinox in my pocket and my dad's old military-issue KA-BAR on my ankle. Neither have ever failed me, despite the fact that the Victorinox has been inside of a live pike's stomach twice....

Good word of advice: If it's a KA-BAR, it can stand more abuse than a Terminator, but you'll never get it to hold a proper edge.

The main reason they are so tough is the steel used is a bit on the soft side. It's not a big deal though.