75Ranger

U.S. Army/First Loadout

Thanks for the comments guys :) that pouch is a water bottle pouch-I hold extra bb's in a water bottle for games so that I can dump some into a speedloader for my midcaps, but its pretty much just there for transportation of the water bottle, because when I run with the bb's on my back, I sound like a marching army...

Guest alberty

I am confused by the thread title. Is this meant to be an impression of a U.S. Army loadout, or did you just designate it as a U.S. Army loadout because you're wearing UCP and have a U.S. Flag patch?

If you don't have anything on the web belt, I'd take it off of the loadout to reduce weight and prevent it from being something that can get you snagged on something.

one recomendation, on your left shoulder theres a tab with velcro underneath the pocket, pull it out to cover the black ir patch, and it will make you look a little more us army lol, also for the future, you could consider a replica iotv or an iba, and get a subdued IR flag for your right shoulder instead of the colored, we only wear that in garrison, and it would help camoflauge you a little bit I guess. but I like your starter kit, if you ever need advice on inproving it once you wanna get more gear and make it complete let me know, I'm a 19 kilo active duty currently deployed to iraq (m1 abrams crewman, first cavalry division) theres also a couple things I can aquire.

heres mine just takin the other day before we rolled out the wire for :pain: and giggles

zokonek.jpg

you guys have 7Ds? My guard unit has PVS-14s and PEQ15s.... nice caiman, though. By far my favorite MRAP.

Might be heading back to Iraq next year if they extend the SOFA agreement and let US forces stay.

I hope they don't so we can get outta here early by december, it blowss! and I got the old ones cuz im a private and a late deployer you know how it is, there wasnt even an m9 for me when I got to my unit, im the only tanker with out one. sucks and yea no more peq15s to hand out, I never even use the nods cuz they suck so hard. the only thing I can be grateful for is I got an acog lol, even if its an older model its better than having a 68. but yea caimans are cool, glad we don't have to drive the big bang bus. and ours has a .50 so I love when they let me gun

I hope they don't so we can get outta here early by december, it blowss! and I got the old ones cuz im a private and a late deployer you know how it is, there wasnt even an m9 for me when I got to my unit, im the only tanker with out one. sucks and yea no more peq15s to hand out, I never even use the nods cuz they suck so hard. the only thing I can be grateful for is I got an acog lol, even if its an older model its better than having a 68. but yea caimans are cool, glad we don't have to drive the big bang bus. and ours has a .50 so I love when they let me gun

well, you know what, good you don't have a PEQ or an M9. One less thing to have to sign for and be responsible for. The M9 did seem sort of nifty for pogs, they didn't have to carry an M4 everywhere like the gym or dfac.

I noticed the picture is at night, in 2008 we did all of our stuff during the day, then in 2009 they switched it to the night because of the SOFA agreement - we werent allowed in the cities during the day. Is it still like that or what. I cant even imagine how strict the ROE must be now, they made it stupid when I was there, its when they started "share the road".

well, you know what, good you don't have a PEQ or an M9. One less thing to have to sign for and be responsible for. The M9 did seem sort of nifty for pogs, they didn't have to carry an M4 everywhere like the gym or dfac.

I noticed the picture is at night, in 2008 we did all of our stuff during the day, then in 2009 they switched it to the night because of the SOFA agreement - we werent allowed in the cities during the day. Is it still like that or what. I cant even imagine how strict the ROE must be now, they made it stupid when I was there, its when they started "share the road".

true but all my battles get to lock their m4s up when we go to dfac or mwr and :pain: and im stuck carrying mine so yea lol I was gonna get a pimp :censored2: leather shoulder holster too. obv I cant say exactly what we do for opsec reasons as you know, but each platoon in our company runs different shifts so our route is constantly monitored, we just got "lucky" and where put on night, so its nice not dealing with the heat as much I guess except for on maintenance days or days like today where we get off night mission and are stuck pmcsing caimans and hmvees (FML!) for extra hours, but yea pretty much your almost too afraid to even think about shooting anyone, but my biggest target as a gunner would be those pesky triggermen out in the field, or like a vbid obviously.

Pretty god damn awesome guys. Thank you so much for your service for our country. I strive to be a Ranger when I grow up, but I have to keep my mom happy and do as she says.

its not as cool as everyone thinks, if your combat arms be prepared to work hard long hours and embrace the suck, and a lot of things that don't make sense

Guest alberty
get a haircut highspeed

^ LOL

For OP, I have some suggestions/criticisms of your new loadout:

- Carrying capacity - it looks to me like you can only carry x3 M4 magazines (1 in the gun, 2 in the belt-mounted pouch) and x1 M9 magazine. If this is for an outdoor/long game, you could run dry pretty fast. I would recommend having at the minimum a chest rig, H-harness, or MOLLE belt setup to give yourself more carry capacity and other items you need for a good game.

- Pouch placement - you only have that one mag pouch, and it's mounted horizontally and toward your back. I don't recommend that for quick drawing of magazines. You're better off having the magazines in a vertical position which will be more familiar to you muscle-memory-wise, and at your hip instead of off towards the back for easier reaching. Imagine if you transition your M4 to your left side, you'd have a harder time reaching for that pouch with your right hand.

- High Speed / Low Drag ideas - again I don't know if you are using this loadout for an extended game or not, but high speed low drag does not equal bare minimum. Hydration is essential no matter how high speed you are trying to be if you are playing some long outdoor game. Also, you have no dump pouch. I don't know if you practice tactical reloads with or without magazine retention, but it looks like you currently have to spend extra time keeping track of your magazines out on the field. Not only that, if you are under pressure you have no dump pouch to emergency-drop your magazines or other items quickly and safely. Of course a lot of people do tactical reloads with magazine retention, placing the partially-spent magazine back into one of the magazine pouches...but your only pouch is at a difficult-to-reach position and is horizontal instead of vertical.

Again, I recommend at a minimum a chest rig, H-harness, or at least a MOLLE belt setup to let you carry more. More mag pouches, a dump pouch, a utility pouch, and at least a canteen or water bottle holder. This would still be lighter than a vest or plate carrier as you probably desire.

Edited by alberty

My question:

Why ditch the PC? I'd assume it'd because it sucked (it was condor, after all), but you say it's for HSLD. Your original PC looked pretty light in the first place. If that thing hindered you, you might want to start working out and getting in shape, no offense. I carry what I need and can sprint as fast as I can without the PC on, and I'm not the most athletic person in the world, all the time, aha.

Also, yeah. I agree with Doc and Alberty.

HAHAH <AT> Doc

I ditched the PC because it was noisy and it flopped around, and I can't run with it on because it gets into my head that I make that much noise. I only need to carry 2 mid-caps at the most, because I play saturday nights at my local woodsball field, and the games last no more than 20 minutes. And also I hydrate between games.

Guest alberty

Okay, so you don't need the hydration I guess, though it's not bad idea in case something crazy happens. Like if you're really unlucky, you could get stuck somewhere in the woods for hours while people look for you, so you could at least keep yourself hydrated while waiting for rescue.

There's another thought to consider when it comes to deciding what you carry--you can have the capacity to carry, but you don't have to fill the max of that capacity.

So for example, you could have at least a chest rig as I would recommend, but that doesn't mean you have to fill it up if you feel that you don't need more than your 3 mid-caps and don't need hydration on the field. Just having a more generous platform will allow you to change it up later, should you change your mind about things later.

With MOLLE as well, you can choose to fully load it up or just load it with the minimum. But with only a belt, you don't have much flexibility.

Also, regarding your noise concerns, a chest rig or MOLLE belt/harness setup could be tightened up nicely so there is minimum or no noise as opposed to a plate carrier or vest that does not fit you properly.

Edited by alberty

Alright, update:

I kinda alternate now between ACU's and Woodland MARPAT depending on where I am.

I have a different mag pouch (HOLDS 3 WHOLE MAGS :DD)

Ditched the hat for a skateboard helmet I had laying around (sprayed it net camo)

Got a belt mounted Serpa and a KWA M9 (happy birthday to me)

yeah. im pretty happy with it, and pictures are to come!