Sign in to follow this  
tompulaski

Airsofting Advertisment

This is just a random thought, but I have a thing against godfather air soft. I know they are a great supplier and I have bought from them many times, but they’re advertising strikes me as almost immature. They're ad's show young women in :censored: clothing. I mean, I really have thought that through airsofts eventual evolution, it would have gained a little maturity, I mean, an add stating a popular guns statistics and price would have drawn me in a bit more. I know some sites actually advertise with naked women covered by guns, I mean I love an M99 already, you don't need women to draw me in. I KNOW THIS IS NOT ALL SITES, IM JUST HIGHLIGHTING SOME CERTAIN CASES. Is this just me noticing it? To take a Quote from akakman here, sex sells. But I don't want sex when I want a m4, I want an plain m4

Love it, Hate it, Agree, Disagree, let me know with your responses

Edited by TheMortisian

Totally disagree with inappropriate material used on ads. To me, its a very crude way of advertising to get your product bought. I mean, everybody knows, sex sells. But for major retailers to do that....is just a big dissapointing. I'm seeing more and more overseas manufactureres using that kind of advertising and it makes them look pretty immature....others (probably perverts) may flame my post....but thats just my 2 cents.

Totally disagree with inappropriate material used on ads. To me, its a very crude way of advertising to get your product bought. I mean, everybody knows, sex sells. But for major retailers to do that....is just a big dissapointing. I'm seeing more and more overseas manufactureres using that kind of advertising and it makes them look pretty immature....others (probably perverts) may flame my post....but thats just my 2 cents.

Exactly!!

I would rather see a real woman playing airsoft than a half-naked girl just standing around.

I hope you guys understand the fact that guys are attracted to hot girls... companies are not being immature, they are simply taking advantage of this simple fact, whether you support it or not. Remember, companies have to pay money to have these photos taken. So they obviously arent trying to do it for the sake of immaturity or perversion.

We are all talking about it right.... Guess what, it works. lol... If you don't agree then don't supportit. take your business to someone who does not advertise in a way you find offensive.

Stuff is still selling, and unless you take a solid stance againsti t, nothing will change. This advertising is no different than Beer companies doing it in their Vids. Sometimes doing the same old Airsoft layouts gets boring and now we are on the sexy tip in airsoft advertising.

The guns sell themselves in my opinion. But hey if you have a scantilly clad model willing to pose with said guns, why not? I don't think it has a negative effect on Airsoft, but I can see where some might not agree with it, and in some cases be offended. FTR, I always thought the models in this sport were unecessary. But then again, I am 35 and not the target audience forthat adverts.

I hope you guys understand the fact that guys are attracted to hot girls... companies are not being immature, they are simply taking advantage of this simple fact, whether you support it or not. Remember, companies have to pay money to have these photos taken. So they obviously arent trying to do it for the sake of immaturity or perversion.

Sniper, I know that men are attracted to hot girls. Sex sells. But I don't want sex with my Ares Tar-21, I want a plain old tar 21

Sniper, I know that men are attracted to hot girls. Sex sells. But I don't want sex with my Ares Tar-21, I want a plain old tar 21

Can you get that with guns now? In that case, I want two Tar-21s. In all seriousness though, I don't see a problem with it. I buy guns that I want, it doesn't really matter if there happens to be a hot chick holding it in a picture or not.

Hey OP, you know what you just did?

You just fed into the "machine".

The first thing I did after reading your post was go check out Godfather Airsoft. :P

Anyways, I did search them, and I cannot find any ads that could be inappropriate. Which is really disappointing teehee

Also, I don't care about ads are long as they aren't being insensitive, and as long as I can scroll through the website without being bombarded by ads and can find what I want, and then read specs and look at pictures of the product, then I don't really care how they advertise their products (outside of being insensitive) lol.

You aren't going to be getting sex with your gun, you will be getting a little bag of cheap BBs, maybe a magazine or a battery and charger, or possibly an unjamming rod with your gun. They haven't figured out a way to cheaply ship the womenz yet.

Edited by ACE of SPADES11

Hey OP, you know what you just did?

You just fed into the "machine".

The first thing I did after reading your post was go check out Godfather Airsoft. :P

Anyways, I did search them, and I cannot find any ads that could be inappropriate. Which is really disappointing teehee

Also, I don't care about ads are long as they aren't being insensitive, and as long as I can scroll through the website without being bombarded by ads and can find what I want, and then read specs and look at pictures of the product, then I don't really care how they advertise their products (outside of being insensitive) lol.

You aren't going to be getting sex with your gun, you will be getting a little bag of cheap BBs, maybe a magazine or a battery and charger, or possibly an unjamming rod with your gun. They haven't figured out a way to cheaply ship the womenz yet.

Godfather actually has some ads on asf. Im not saying im offended, or morally opposed that the airsoft market is already being sexualized, in a small way albeit, but still being sexualized.

LOOK, IM NOT OFFENDED, I don't BASE MY OPINIONS ON RATHER A WOMAN IS IN A PICTURE, IM JUST SAYING ITS SAD THAT AIRSOFT SITES FEEL THAT THIS IS NECESSARY, OR THAT IT MAY HELP BUSINESS.

agreed. Just because "that" form of advertising appeals to guys, DOES NOT IN ANY WAY JUSTIFY IT!. AT ALL. I'm fine with just buying a a gun I see advertised, but when you have to appeal to guy's sexual nature to "want" to just see the ads, it becomes a crude form of :censored2:. I'd rather skip the pics and see the specs on the gun.....I will still shop with ASGI, but its just very dissapointing of how low they had to stoop on the moral footstep, if you get my slant.

You just fed into the "machine.

Likewise:(

I don't mind it at all, and it does not affect my purchase what so ever.

Often I get upset for wasting my time looking through a site that doesn't have what I want. Seeing the girls is just like: "We have absolutely nothing that is interesting. As a token of our appreciation for you viewing our site, here are some girls holding guns"

..Perfect.

There are three things that I like...a lot. Girls, Cars and Guns.

Combine all three and :a-gross: (firgure that out.)

However I see what you're saying with how it's sad and all. Well society is sad. Just look at any commercial on TV. Same concept. Crappy marketing that somehow works.

Edited by IntraTec45

agreed. Just because "that" form of advertising appeals to guys, DOES NOT IN ANY WAY JUSTIFY IT!. AT ALL. I'm fine with just buying a a gun I see advertised, but when you have to appeal to guy's sexual nature to "want" to just see the ads, it becomes a crude form of :censored2:. I'd rather skip the pics and see the specs on the gun.....I will still shop with ASGI, but its just very dissapointing of how low they had to stoop on the moral footstep, if you get my slant.

This. I completely agree.

Where were you guys when I replied to the GITV girls thread? lol

The only reason I haven't been to godfather airsoft's website is because of their advertisement. I normally check out sites advertising on here, but not this one.

Honestly, I don't see ads on these sites. As long as they don't POP up in my freaking face, IDGAF. lol

And that is it for Godfather? I was expecting a girl bent over mostly naked with another mostly naked girl behind her, pumping a shotgun while the girl in front is reloading a magazine or something... darn. :D

Honestly, I don't see ads on these sites. As long as they don't POP up in my freaking face, IDGAF. lol

And that is it for Godfather? I was expecting a girl bent over mostly naked with another mostly naked girl behind her, pumping a shotgun while the girl in front is reloading a magazine or something... darn. :D

I got this from the bottem of the screen on asf. Who duz your sig, I like it

Yeah, no kidding about Inokatsu. But in all honesty, it doesn't bother me at all. Go ahead and put pictures like that up, but it's not going to sell me a gun. Most of them really aren't super hot, anyways.

Just saying, though, I'd rather have the girl from Spartan Imports reviewing the gun than say, Tim, if you catch my drift. :a-grin:

PP

People are offended by absolutely nothing these days. Wow..seriously get over it.

Women get to see soldiers wearing their uniform, holding guns and they seem to get off on that :censored2:. Why can't I have the same?

Excuse me if I want to see a hot girl holding a gun from time to time.

Edited by IntraTec45

GOD DANG IT. I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST A GIRL HOLDING A GN. IM A GUY TO, I don't "HATE THE FEMALE FORM" IM NOT OFFENED, OR MORALLY OPPOSED. I THINK ITS DEPRESSING MAINSTREAM SITES ADVERTISE LIKE THIS. IF YOU WANT TO HATE, GO AHEAD. BUT DO ME A FAVOR FIRST. MOVE THE :a-censored: OUT OF YOUR MOMS BASEMENT, STOP SPENDING ALL YOUR TIME JUST STATING STUFF THAT PEOPLE don't SAY.AND ACTUALLY READ THE PREVIOUS COMMENTS INSTEAD OF BLINDLY RAMBLING ABOUT HOW UPSET YOU ARE, ANGRY YOU ARE, OR HOW I A PERVERT OR SOMETHING. I LIKE A WOMAN JUST AS MUCH AS YOU, SO IF YOU don't MIND...

GOD DANG IT. I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST A GIRL HOLDING A GN. IM A GUY TO, I don't "HATE THE FEMALE FORM" IM NOT OFFENED, OR MORALLY OPPOSED. I THINK ITS DEPRESSING MAINSTREAM SITES ADVERTISE LIKE THIS. IF YOU WANT TO HATE, GO AHEAD. BUT DO ME A FAVOR FIRST. MOVE THE :a-censored: OUT OF YOUR MOMS BASEMENT, STOP SPENDING ALL YOUR TIME JUST STATING STUFF THAT PEOPLE don't SAY.AND ACTUALLY READ THE PREVIOUS COMMENTS INSTEAD OF BLINDLY RAMBLING ABOUT HOW UPSET YOU ARE, ANGRY YOU ARE, OR HOW I A PERVERT OR SOMETHING. I LIKE A WOMAN JUST AS MUCH AS YOU, SO IF YOU don't MIND...

lolwut?

Girls+Pew Pew BB Gunz= winning.

I wish every airsoft retailer would have models hold their products and massive amounts of pictures be taken and put up on their website. It would make looking at airsoft sites far more enjoyable. Also airsofts target market is Men so obviously women will be used to model stuff. Sex Sells. I can only hope more retailers start to use models. Its a win win situaiton.