aznriptide859

Custom MAG-KU Project

Hehe, looks like somebody's giving Madkows a run for his money. I like the Krebs-style safety lever. I say ditch the silly dot and, using one of the two rear sights on the AKS74U, custom make a ghost ring.

Saw this last night before I went to sleep... had the most horrible, horrible nightmares! :P

IDK whether I love this, or hate this. I mean, it's so awesome, and it makes me love the functionality aspect of it all. But I only like AKs with wood furniture.

So, uh, hand carve up so wooden rail covers, a wooden rail grip, and a wooden pistol grip. Maybe a wooden Magpul style stock too, or wood that sleeves over onto the stock. Yeahhhhh, the great compromise indeed! :a-cheesy:

I like it, it's just something I'd have to handle to know whether I love it or not.

Saw this last night before I went to sleep... had the most horrible, horrible nightmares! :P

IDK whether I love this, or hate this. I mean, it's so awesome, and it makes me love the functionality aspect of it all. But I only like AKs with wood furniture.

So, uh, hand carve up so wooden rail covers, a wooden rail grip, and a wooden pistol grip. Maybe a wooden Magpul style stock too, or wood that sleeves over onto the stock. Yeahhhhh, the great compromise indeed! :a-cheesy:

I like it, it's just something I'd have to handle to know whether I love it or not.

^This.

PP

I get that from purists a lot - I LOVE AK's with wooden furniture as well, but modernized AK's are VERY hard to get looking right. Personally I don't think the KU is the best looking - it was simply a side project (now a full project) for me to prepare and realize the flaws before going all out on the correct MAG-K project...maybe a few months after play/completing it I'll sell it, I'm not sure right now. I actually did a MIAD pistol grip, but the work was just too frustrating/out of shape to get 100%, so I ditched it in favor of a SAW grip.

Here's what needs to be done:

MRDS will be replaced with a Micro Aimpoint

Attach a DYTAC SCAR Silencer up front

Correct the right side bolt handle into the X47 upswept handle

Internally it has nothing past a Guarder bucking - I'm awaiting AWS Airsoft's Stealth V3 FET's to arrive before building the gearbox, but it will probably be mostly a mix of JG, TM, and SHS parts along with a Real Sword HS motor.

I promise the actual MAG-K will look a LOT better (I was actually working on that first until I broke my CYMA receiver...aiming for a KA one now).

That, that is insanely gorgeous. I absolutely love it.

I am assuming by side project, you mean build for someone else?

If I ever see it go up for sale I will most likely be tempted to pick that thing up. So beautiful.

Props to you, sir, looks great! I kind of like it better than Haley's version.

What is the base gun? How'd you do the ambidextrous charging handle? Any modifications required to fit the Masada AK mags (don't know if they're compatible with AKs stock or not)? And supposin' you did sell it, how much would you be looking for for this bad boy? I might be interested in such a gun... (seriously)

Edited by Lizzard

Very nicely done. My only complaint is I really don't like the X-47 charging handle on the left side but considering the alternatives it isn't that big a deal. Props to being the first airsofter I've seen pull it off without looking shoddily done.

Base is a DBoys AKS74U.

Not for my TM-based MAG-K, but for the DBoys they wobbled a LOT. I had to fill in the magwell gap on the sides with some sheet metal.

Hmm...maybe in the future, $350? It depends on when I'll see my MAG-K complete.

I see, well if and whenever you decide to sell it, let me know, I'm definitely interested.

saw this when googling the mag k for ideas nice looks clean.

I will third the T-1.

The only thing I have against it is that cheek riser on the CTR, it looks big and ugly even though it's not all that big.

-Edit for grammer-

Couldnt agree more on the cheek riser. Thats what made me say in the first place I liked the previous version.

I suppose I'm the only one who is a fan of the MRDS...

However, whatever is put on the gun, its still beast looking.

I will third the T-1.

The only thing I have against it is that cheek riser on the CTR, it looks big and ugly even though it's not all that big.

-Edit for grammer-

it's just about necessary for a proper cheek weld.

I like the 74 grip better. I mean, if you could somehow make a way to get a MIAD on there like Haley's, that'd be great, but the 74 is the next best thing.

Unless you get a GBBR, and use that Ace AK to AR grip adaptor, and then are lucky enough to find one in stock.

Lookin great man :a-wink:

Couldnt agree more on the cheek riser. Thats what made me say in the first place I liked the previous version.

I suppose I'm the only one who is a fan of the MRDS...

However, whatever is put on the gun, its still beast looking.

It looks to me that the riser is there to give you a proper sight picture when shouldering the rifle.

Me like. I don't see the point of using any aim assist on an airsoft gun personally, so I'd use the stock sights, but that's just me. Looks good though, very small, something I would use.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I HATE that ambi cocking lever. Really stupid looking IMO especially since it's not directly adjacent with the opposite side and it looks incredibly obtrusive. Just my opinion though, do what you like

Edited by CPosko

Me like. I don't see the point of using any aim assist on an airsoft gun personally, so I'd use the stock sights, but that's just me. Looks good though, very small, something I would use.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I HATE that ambi cocking lever. Really stupid looking IMO especially since it's not directly adjacent with the opposite side and it looks incredibly obtrusive. Just my opinion though, do what you like

Red dot sights allow for quicker target acquisition and wider peripheral vision (unless you aim with both eyes open on iron sights, in which case, a red dot sight is easier to do that with). While you don't NEED optics, they are a force multiplier in my book.