Alex553

G&G Heavy barrel kit, where to buy?

I'm really looking to get myself one of these (Either the Tango or Fluted type), and I'm referring to the KIT which also includes the metal chamber and inner barrel. But Ive only found them on a few sites and each and every time they are out of stock...

G&G still makes these right? Which retailer do you recommend me to buy it from? And which one will be more likely to restock it? Can I order one directly from G&G?

A 555mm VSR barrel should be able to fit in these right?

Greets.

They are not made anymore (at least I think) but they are out there.

No you can't order from G&G directly, you have to find a retailer.

I recommend buying it if you are going to be a serious sniper because its expensive and heavy.

And yes, a VSR 555mm barrel fits in it length wise, but make sure it isn't a bull barrel. The heavy barrel and fit only standard outer diameters.

They are not made anymore (at least I think) but they are out there.

No you can't order from G&G directly, you have to find a retailer.

But If they no longer make them, and there out of stock with pretty much every retailer... Then its no longer possible to buy one right?

I recommend buying it if you are going to be a serious sniper because its expensive and heavy.

And yes, a VSR 555mm barrel fits in it length wise, but make sure it isn't a bull barrel. The heavy barrel and fit only standard outer diameters.

Well the main cause for me to buy one is for a fact that my rifle (M24) has always had accuracy/consistency problems before and after it was upgraded (VSR kit, TB barrel, new bucking, new rubber set, stiffer gas route spring, HPA converted, tried different brands of BB's ect). So I think that by removing the plastic chamber and inferior outer barrel, and replacing it with a much heavier free floating barrel and metal chamber, I will achieve better accuracy. I hope...

But I have a big hunch that the problem lies with the outer barrel and/or chamber. Because I remember a post about some DIY mods for Tanaka rifles, that showed that when you remove the end cap from the outer barrel, the inner barrel can point downwards in some rifles. Which the poster said, can be fixed by adding electrical tape to certain parts of the barrel to remove the excess wobble on some parts.

But the poster also said that when you remove the end cap and the barrel points UPWARDS, its a lot harder to fix. And that was the case with my rifle. I solved it by adding some shims to certain areas. That seemed to have solved it, but it still isn't shooting proper enough. So I think the shims solved the problem cosmetically by forcing the barrel to align straight. But forcing is never the solution, especially with a high accuracy rifle.

So this might be a long shot, but who knows it might work.

If not... I'll have one hell of an expensive wall-hanger.

But If they no longer make them, and there out of stock with pretty much every retailer... Then its no longer possible to buy one right?

Well the main cause for me to buy one is for a fact that my rifle (M24) has always had accuracy/consistency problems before and after it was upgraded (VSR kit, TB barrel, new bucking, new rubber set, stiffer gas route spring, HPA converted, tried different brands of BB's ect). So I think that by removing the plastic chamber and inferior outer barrel, and replacing it with a much heavier free floating barrel and metal chamber, I will achieve better accuracy. I hope...

But I have a big hunch that the problem lies with the outer barrel and/or chamber. Because I remember a post about some DIY mods for Tanaka rifles, that showed that when you remove the end cap from the outer barrel, the inner barrel can point downwards in some rifles. Which the poster said, can be fixed by adding electrical tape to certain parts of the barrel to remove the excess wobble on some parts.

But the poster also said that when you remove the end cap and the barrel points UPWARDS, its a lot harder to fix. And that was the case with my rifle. I solved it by adding some shims to certain areas. That seemed to have solved it, but it still isn't shooting proper enough. So I think the shims solved the problem cosmetically by forcing the barrel to align straight. But forcing is never the solution, especially with a high accuracy rifle.

So this might be a long shot, but who knows it might work.

If not... I'll have one hell of an expensive wall-hanger.

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/..._Tange_Type.htm

Damn, RedWolf is always one of the first sites I check. But I see they misspelled Tango version with Tange version, probably the reason why it never showed up when I searched for it on their site.

Thanks for finding it man!

Edited by Alex553

I'm pretty sure this is what you're looking for, I'm actually buying this one in he next couple of days.

It's one of two places I've found that have it, but I trust ehobby and I've delt with them before.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/gandg-steel-bar...luted-type.html

Edit: Also found here, like I said if this is what you're looking for:

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/...Fluted_Type.htm

Edited by LolDrater

I bought the non-fluted (Tango) version, and it really does add quite a bit of weight to the gun! Although the gun shoots a bit better now, I noticed that after sanding the stock down to make the barrel "float", the barrel has a tendency to "bend" to the left.

Which might confirm one of my greatest worries about this gun: A production error, if that is the case, then the entire frame/bolt housing might be slightly misformed :angry01:

I will try to fix it by adding some thin material between the bolt housing and barrel nut to even out the imbalance, but if that fails... And knowing that getting spare parts from Tanaka itself is pretty much out of the question... Well frankly I don't know.

It may sound dumb, but before you try anymore shimming and shaving, try unscrewing the barrel and the action/barrel from the body, then rescrew it. Sometimes a slight angle is caused by a screw not being screwed in perfectly.
I used the shimming method when I still had the original barrel, but after closer examination it shows that its almost impossible to shim the new heavy barrel due to it being a different design.

BUT, you were right, right after my last post I took the gun down completely (too see if it was possible to shim the barrel) and after putting it back together carefully... The barrel was straight! Which is very strange because it had put I back together in the same way I always did. But I'm not complaining :biggrin:

I still have to do a shooting test though, but I'll get back on that.

Sorry to revive a slightly older topic, but is there anywhere that still sells the tango type? I never use my rifle without either a loudener or a silencer on the end, and the fluted type that ehobby still stocks doesn't have the threads. I've looked everywhere I can imagine (asgi, evike, redwolf, ehobby, aex, wgc, uncomany, dentrinity, ebay) and nobody seems to have them anymore.

Sorry to revive a slightly older topic, but is there anywhere that still sells the tango type? I never use my rifle without either a loudener or a silencer on the end, and the fluted type that ehobby still stocks doesn't have the threads. I've looked everywhere I can imagine (asgi, evike, redwolf, ehobby, aex, wgc, uncomany, dentrinity, ebay) and nobody seems to have them anymore.

No G&G, but the Best gun is still in some retailers, I have it from a Taiwan shop, I cant remember the name.

PS: I know, necro post, but maybe someone is looking for one =)