Sign in to follow this  
LeStath

MARS rail for Tanaka m700 series

Hi there!

I don't know how long this has been on the market, but when I first found out today I was in AWE!!

Here it is:

AVA-PT-MARS01-AG-1.jpg

( Link to one of the sites who sells it. )

I have been dreaming of making my Tanaka M24 a complete M24A2-A3 version, but I had jet to find a Mars rail for it under $500.

And now its on the market and designed for the Tanaka M700 series rifles. A real dream come true! And for only $66!

I only have one question before ordering this:

Does anyone have any experience with how to adjust the hop up of the Tanaka rifle after installing the MARS rail. Is it just as before, or is it unadjustable?

Maybe just a new Hop up adjustment screw?

LeStath

Edited by LeStath

don't know and I certainly don't hope so.

There are a few sites that sells them, so someone has to have one available somewhere.

I would love it if someone found a site for me that still has them in stock?

I found one though, but they don't send worldwide :/

MARS RAIL LINK

LeStath

Edited by LeStath

don't know and I certainly don't hope so.

There are a few sites that sells them, so someone has to have one available somewhere.

I would love it if someone found a site for me that still has them in stock?

I found one though, but they don't send worldwide :/

MARS RAIL LINK

LeStath

Live about 80 miles away from them :P

looks to me (from looking at a lot of other pictures) that the kit also comes with a set screw to adjust the hop up. I think this is supposed to replace the original one.

Anyhow. The kit is made for the Tanaka M700 series, so I doubt they would sell a kit which disables the hop up. At least without saying so.

In worst case scenario I'll just drill a hole and thread it to accommodate my own hop up adjustment screw..

LeStath

looks to me (from looking at a lot of other pictures) that the kit also comes with a set screw to adjust the hop up. I think this is supposed to replace the original one.

Anyhow. The kit is made for the Tanaka M700 series, so I doubt they would sell a kit which disables the hop up. At least without saying so.

In worst case scenario I'll just drill a hole and thread it to accommodate my own hop up adjustment screw..

LeStath

I can possibly send it to you.

You can trust my ratings lol.

But yea. Not sure the costs for international shipping.

Hi again there, and thanks for the kindness Aznspartan.

No need for any help now, as I've actually got my hands on one and though I'd share the results here too.

I already posted it on the "show of your rifle" thread so I'm just going to copy and paste it here.

Here is my Tanaka M24A2 rifle.

Its a very custom gun with lots of custom parts and all the best upgrade parts you can find.

This is my BA HPA rifle and also my primary and most used rifle. I've been upgrading and customizing and tweaking the performance of this rifle for over 7 years now. Ofc not continuously. Every now and then I decide to try and make it work even better than it allready does. Normally when I get some new ideas and/ or when new products are on the market.

Fielding it at 700fps (0.2g) and it has a 350- 400 foot effective range with the R-hop installed (300-320 feet using regular hop up system).

My all time record hit is at an amazing 140m (about 459 feet). Shot into a group of 3 people over an open field during a 24h skirmish. I don't think I got the guy I was going for, but I still got a hit. It was beyond sick, and I guess it was very lucky. But still, a hit is a hit! :D

Here's the rifle.

zlg8CtxuRA883MGlyrTHENfi.jpg

eUOVsnFSP6VPqVp0vW7i4tbKr.jpg

What do you think?

LeStath

Thanks man, much appreciated :D

I got it from G&G directly as they seem to never be in stock.

They were so kind as to send me one they had lying around.

I should inform you that it originally is made for the power bolt, so in order to make it fit. You have to either modify the bolt or the handle.

I chose to modify the bolt as the bolt is easier to get a spare of, in case I would be so unfortunate and break it somehow.

LeStath

Edited by LeStath

Thats correct woggie! :D In my opinion, I like the adjustment better than the original one. The reason for this is the fact that I have adjusted the hop up one too many times by accident when using the original adjustment wheel.

When the mars rail is installed, I would recommend adjusting the hop up with out the scope installed to see the bb flight path better and then install the scope. You could even put the scope rings over the hole where the adjustment screw is if you want to completely eliminate any chance of the hop up being adjusted unwillingly.

Regarding the bolt handle:

If you look at the back portion of the stock bolt when disassembled, you'll se that where the screws screw in, the bolt is heightened a few mm. just file that down a bit, not completely. but just enough for the G&G bolt handle to slide over. If you don't want to do this, you could modify the handle instead. But then you'll have to make a groove on the inside of the handle like the original bolt handle has. I just ordered a new bolt as my old one is very worn out after 3 years of use, so I could make a little torturial on how to do it if you have any trouble understanding my explanatory guide stated above.

LeStath

Awesome.

Thanks for the reply man. I am trying to figure if I want to get another Tanaka or if I am going to go and do the Kuba 1TK HPA mod with a Star SL8.

Would still love to see the walk through of how you did the mod though. As I am sure others will as well.

Awesome.

Thanks for the reply man. I am trying to figure if I want to get another Tanaka or if I am going to go and do the Kuba 1TK HPA mod with a Star SL8.

Would still love to see the walk through of how you did the mod though. As I am sure others will as well.

pssst. buy mine haha :P

Awesome.

Well, I'm one of those ppl who choose accuracy over firepower, so I guess for me the choice would be to do everything possible to a BA HPA rifle. but thats just me.

Though, if you can get a semi sniper to be equally as accurate, It would ofc be an interesting gun to field. If the accuracy was the same the question would be; can I get both to shoot 700fps. Wouldn't want to use it at a lower fps when I'm able to shoot hotter. Not because its more powerful, but because the bb won't drop as fast or as much on a given distance (this can really makes a difference in rapid fire at longer ranges, consequently because you don't have to accommodate for the distance as much as you would on a lower fps sniper.

LeStath

Edited by LeStath

There is a saying, and it goes like this: Great minds think alike! :D

Looking forward to see the pics and everything! It will sure be interesting, and hopefully perform awesome!

I remember when I bought my first AEG. I went with the G36C because of good looks and great reviews. After using this for a while, I wanted to get into sniper rifles and I clearly remember the SL8 being my first choice If I was to go with an AEG/ semi sniper. It will sure look great!

LeStath

Edited by LeStath