Burtonsb101

Upgrading advice, for the 300 foot shot

Hi, I'm new here, but I would like some help on upgrading my gun. I'm trying to reach that 300 foot mark with fairly good accuracy. I own a well mb08 with a madbull 6.03mm tbb, pdi hop up chamber for type 96, and a madbull shark accelerator bucking with the fishbone spacer, and also I use 30.g bbs. I've also done some DIY barrel spacers and teflon taped some key areas like my hopup bucking and barrel, and my cylinder head. Recently, my triggerbox broke, I was still using the stock one, and decided that its time to get some upgrades. So im stuck. I've Figured I have four options, get an Airsoft gi triggerbox with the reinforced sears, buy a metal triggerbox and put pdi sears in, buy a pdi v trigger, or buy a zero trigger. I've heard the zero triggers have no easily replaceable parts plus they're expensive, vs the v trigger has parts available. Also, I don't know how much new sears only will hold up to a higher powered spring. Which option would be better, but I'm liking the v trigger, can it hold up to high powered springs? Lastly, I'm lost on the power area. What are some options that could help me reach the 300' shot with out being super expensive. Like what power of spring, type of spring guides, pistons, etc. I'm kind of on a budget :/. Many thanks to anyone who can help me out!

I've had amazing success using a ground-down (for length) drill bit as the nub. I just found one whose diameter matched the curve of the spot where the nub sits on the arms on my PDI hop. I then set it accordingly. I've also been using Guarder black buckings for years with great success.

If I had the cash, and I were facing the same problem, I'd go with the Z-Trig. I don't think I've ever heard of one breaking (not that it couldn't happen).

To be frank, a long range rifle requires a lot of fine tuning and DIY mods to reach 300 feet. My friend has learned this the hard way.

In short, he traded his KWA m4 for an upgraded l96; It had a P* piston setup and was pretty decent out to 160 feet or so, but all in all it wasn't shooting quite far or accurate enough for him. After a few days he broke a trigger sear (so it was already shooting too hot for the gun to handle). Bought a new trigger sear (20$).

Next he decided to buy a stronger spring (an SP170) (15$). Once he got it, he soon found out that it didn't work with his piston. So he ordered a laylax piston (60$) and piston head (20$). After 200 shots or so (on his first day out with the new piston) he CHIPPED a 1cmx1cm gash out of the his cylinder. So, now he is going to order a PDI Raven cylinder set (140$). All said and done he will have spent 250$ on upgrade parts he didn't need.

The moral of the story is you cannot just throw parts at your gun and expect it to shoot 300 feet.

If I was in his situation this is what I would have done;

Top Dead Center mod (3$ parts)

IER Hop (20$)

M nub (11$)

Long range barrel mod (10$)

Compression mods (>1$)

For 45$ I could have had his gun shooting further and more accurately than it will now, with his current set up that has cost him 250$.

I've had amazing success using a ground-down (for length) drill bit as the nub. I just found one whose diameter matched the curve of the spot where the nub sits on the arms on my PDI hop. I then set it accordingly. I've also been using Guarder black buckings for years with great success.

If I had the cash, and I were facing the same problem, I'd go with the Z-Trig. I don't think I've ever heard of one breaking (not that it couldn't happen).

Laylax Zero + SS5000 spring of PDI, ....break of the set pin. They could break, but not like it was on regular conditions.