Sign in to follow this  
alexthegreat050

Help upgrading new gun.

So I recently bought this new gun that I would like to turn into a DMR. It is a A&K Full Metal SPR MOD0 Airsoft Gun (Long).

https://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3168

I wish to upgrade it but I can't find anything for it like a TBB.

So if somebody could please help me find some upgrades that would work with my gun I would be highly thankful.

So I recently bought this new gun that I would like to turn into a DMR. It is a A&K Full Metal SPR MOD0 Airsoft Gun (Long).

https://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3168

I wish to upgrade it but I can't find anything for it like a TBB.

So if somebody could please help me find some upgrades that would work with my gun I would be highly thankful.

Please anybody.

Mmmmmmmm

Its an M4, there soooooo many things u can do...

A&K SPR and SR-25 are great lego guns for their price...

Anyways DMR is a big leap to do. And its a transformation that defiantly doesn't happen overnight. 3 things most people overlook the importance of... are

1. QUALITY TBBs... Prometheus/PDI/EdGi etc... though I'm looking into those palsonite barrels by PDIs and Angel's steel barrels...

2. HOPUP combinations (PDI W hopup areee greatttt) or make your own r-hopup

3. BBs

These 3 alone will alone achieve 200ft range effectiveness.

The rest of the DIY mods and upgrades tweak very minor things, yet DMRs strive for the precision and quality. So I suggest looking into AoE correct, R-hopup modifications, low resistance wire-mosfet, deans, Li-po/Large SC cells 9.6v+ , #14 O-rings, Teflon-high density tape, good shim/grease jobs, Sorbo pads. Google any of this on ASF and you'll find what you need 2 do.

That gun stock has some durable gears and GB related parts. the motor is fantastical if its anything like the SR-25's.

Edited by Deltie

Once you get a good TBB for your AEG get a nice hop up like the others have said(for best results you can have someone install R-Hop in your barrel for you) and just remember;

A low FPS(300-350fps) "DMR" is more along the correct classification and effectiveness with good compression and consistency(ie: 350fps +/- 1fps or less) and is far more effective than a high FPS(450fps+) "DMR" that has velocities that shoot all over the place (+/- 10fps or more)

Take a look at the compression mods in the tech upgrades forum to try to minimize your FPS variation if you plan to really get good accuracy in your gun. Less FPS deviance = less chance of the bb's over-hopping from too much FPS, or under-hopping from too little FPS because air is leaking somewhere. The last thing you want is that one important shot missing because your gun shot too hard/too soft ;]

Would it be possible to use my 6.01mm TBB 435mm from my BAR 10 sniper rifle in this gun?

No. Different bucking cut on the end--AEGs use one style of bucking, and most bolt actions, + GBB pistols, use a different one.

The length would be OK but not ideal. You don't want the bb going through too much outer barrel before it emerges from the flash hider.

To be honest, it seems like you're just starting out with AEGs, so turning the A&K into a "DMR" seems like a pretty ambitious first project. Why don't you start by just fielding it absolutely stock for a few times, then decide what it is that you want to improve (range, accuracy, rate of fire, etc.), and what style of skirmishing you do most commonly.

That being said, installing an AEG-cut tbb (I recommend Prometheus) and perhaps a PDI W-hold bucking should be fairly easy once you get the right parts.

Edited by verisimilitude