to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Antinoch

M4 CQB upgrade advice?

I planned to get the Elite Force M4 CQB (various reasons that I'm too lazy to go into), and I wanted to upgrade it so that it'll work for short-mid range games. I plan to put in a ASGI PE 6.03mm TBB in it (about 250mm barrel length) and Systema hop up bucking. Engagement distances are probably from 50-100 feet. The gun shoots around 330ish FPS (with .2) but I want to use either .23 or .25 BBs.

Any advice or suggestions on further upgrading or what I want to do now? I was thinking of getting a stronger spring (to use heavier BBs more effectively) but I don't think it'd help that much. Plus I'd like to play at indoor fields too, so staying under 350 FPS w/ .2 is a plus.

Thanks.

I planned to get the Elite Force M4 CQB (various reasons that I'm too lazy to go into), and I wanted to upgrade it so that it'll work for short-mid range games. I plan to put in a ASGI PE 6.03mm TBB in it (about 250mm barrel length) and Systema hop up bucking. Engagement distances are probably from 50-100 feet. The gun shoots around 330ish FPS (with .2) but I want to use either .23 or .25 BBs.

Any advice or suggestions on further upgrading or what I want to do now? I was thinking of getting a stronger spring (to use heavier BBs more effectively) but I don't think it'd help that much. Plus I'd like to play at indoor fields too, so staying under 350 FPS w/ .2 is a plus.

Thanks.

Honesty , if your playing at 50-100 feet you don't need anymore fps. I'd look into a bigger battery so you can get more rounds out and a MOSFET so you can do it quicker. Then buy two more clips.

Yeah the 330 fps will be just fine. Other than reshimming, regreasing, motor height, and all that you could do a ton of hop up mods if you wantmbetter accuracy. I would look into a nice motor and lipo battery for a good rate of fire. I have 25-28 rps (thats the sweet spot for me)

I'm kinda on a budget, so the 2 mags that come with it will probably be enough. I don't have the cash to get a lipo and lipo charger or a mosfet or better motor or whatever, so all I'll probably do for ROF is a 9.6v battery at best. Maybe down the line I'll do some other better stuff.

...Then buy two more clips.

IT'S A MAG NOT A CLIP (lol jk)

Thanks for the advice though.

I'm kinda on a budget, I'll probably do for ROF is a 9.6v battery at best.

you know you can get a lipo for about the same price as a 9.6v right?

http://www.hobbypartz.com/bluelipo.html

I got a 3300mAh 20c 11.1 for 17 bucks with shipping. and you don't need a mosfet to run a lipo

Guest 131as22

please don't but the Elite force gun, it's an ares and you are bound to have a lot of problems with it as ares, quite frankly, is crap. now throw in the fact that this is a sportline...

kinda like how ca sportlines are shat and their proline counterparts aren't too different.

try jg 2011 model, reshim, downgrade spring, add in a systema bucking and clean the barrel. wipe all the crap off, add on deans and get a decent lipo; preferably 7.4v as some 11.1v's could cause problems depending on your technical experience.

shouldn't run more than $200 for everything

you know you can get a lipo for about the same price as a 9.6v right?

http://www.hobbypartz.com/bluelipo.html

I got a 3300mAh 20c 11.1 for 17 bucks with shipping. and you don't need a mosfet to run a lipo

...oh.

I'm also not sure that this gun can handle a lipo battery stock; plus, it has a crane stock, soo... yeah.

please don't but the Elite force gun, it's an ares and you are bound to have a lot of problems with it as ares, quite frankly, is crap. now throw in the fact that this is a sportline...

kinda like how ca sportlines are shat and their proline counterparts aren't too different.

try jg 2011 model, reshim, downgrade spring, add in a systema bucking and clean the barrel. wipe all the crap off, add on deans and get a decent lipo; preferably 7.4v as some 11.1v's could cause problems depending on your technical experience.

shouldn't run more than $200 for everything

First off, try letting me know which JG 2011 you're talking about. They make a lot of guns, you know.

Also, what do Classic Army guns being bad have anything to do with Ares guns? How are Ares Sportline bad "like how CA sportlines and prolines are bad"?

Also, could you tell me why Ares is crap, anyways? Don't just tell me they suck, tell me why.

And finally, why would the gun being a sportline model have anything to do with its quality?

you do realize that your asking to be spoon-fed information that is readily available using the search button, don't you?

I asked which JG model he's talking about.

I asked what CA quality has to do with Ares quality.

I asked why he thinks Ares is bad.

I KNOW that a gun being a sportline model doesn't make it crap by default.

I asked what advice people have for upgrading my gun more.

I asked if what I'm doing can be improved.

Tell me, which of the above questions can be easily answered via searching on the forums?

Ares, which I think is the OriginalEquipmentManufacturer of elite force m4s, uses micro switches and quick-detach-spring-guide gearboxes in their full metal m4s, both of which are failure prone and difficult to replace (you have just been spoon fed).

The ares m4 cqb is just an m4 with a crane stock, triangle front sight, scar-style rear flip up sight, and some sort of quad rail front end... other AEG brands offer similarly configured m4s without the aforementioned internal flaws. Also, you won't starve to death hunting down a second m4 high cap mag. Unless you've seen and held a whole bunch of m4s but prefer the externals of the sportline ares, you should forget about buying that specific gun.

Edited by TheJawn

Ares, which I think is the OriginalEquipmentManufacturer of elite force m4s, uses micro switches and quick-detach-spring-guide gearboxes in their full metal m4s, both of which are failure prone and difficult to replace (you have just been spoon fed).

I knew about the micro switches, but I was under the impression that Elite Force made everything else but the gearbox?

The whole thing with sport line guns is they are the cheaper versions of the nicer guns, thats why he said avoid them.

Well, I'm a small kinda guy, which is the main reason why I don't want a full-metal gun (tried using one the first time I played and it didn't work well for me) due to weight.

I'll look into some other guns (already have, a bit) but... yeah.

I asked which JG model he's talking about. he said ANY 2011 JG enhanced model

I asked what CA quality has to do with Ares quality. They are both known to be pretty bad Ares in particular lots of topics related to it search

I asked why he thinks Ares is bad. not think, its a know fact available through a search

I KNOW that a gun being a sportline model doesn't make it crap by default. sure it does

I asked what advice people have for upgrading my gun more. my advise READ MORE

I asked if what I'm doing can be improved. first improve your level of knowledge back to reading

Tell me, which of the above questions can be easily answered via searching on the forums? just did

replies in red