to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Decon

Looking for new goggles that DON'T fog.

I recently started to play a LOT of airsoft and I really need to invest in a good pair of goggles. I ALWAYS have a fogging problem with every single goggle I use. Right now I'm using the Arena Flakjaks and the fogging is terrible even with all of the vents taken out. Now I realize that these goggles are considered one of the best for ventilation so hopefully that'll go to show you how bad my situation is. I was looking about dropping some serious cash on the ESS Profile Turbofans, but I don't want to drop $200 only to find out that these goggles still fog up like the last pair. I really need help on a good goggle to buy, this problem is seriously inhibiting my ability to play. It's getting to the point where I feel like calling games early because I'm a sitting duck the whole game. Please no mesh goggle suggestions, I tend to play a lot of night games and the black mesh would make it virtually impossible to see.

I recently started to play a LOT of airsoft and I really need to invest in a good pair of goggles. I ALWAYS have a fogging problem with every single goggle I use. Right now I'm using the Arena Flakjaks and the fogging is terrible even with all of the vents taken out. Now I realize that these goggles are considered one of the best for ventilation so hopefully that'll go to show you how bad my situation is. I was looking about dropping some serious cash on the ESS Profile Turbofans, but I don't want to drop $200 only to find out that these goggles still fog up like the last pair. I really need help on a good goggle to buy, this problem is seriously inhibiting my ability to play. It's getting to the point where I feel like calling games early because I'm a sitting duck the whole game. Please no mesh goggle suggestions, I tend to play a lot of night games and the black mesh would make it virtually impossible to see.

Never used Flakjaks, so I can't really compare. I do have ESS Turbofans so I give my $.02

I got my Turbofans on 2/27/10 and when I first got them they did start to fog on me, however, I was told by numerous people to remove the vents & that helped enormously. I can usually play without using the fans at all, but if not the fans usually get rid of the fog. I'm still using the stock batteries so they seem to have a long battery life. I only really have problems when their is rain and it gets on the lens as it becomes really hard to see. Overall I really like mine. Although, I do have a slight problem with my lenses & this is it: http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28951 Not my post but my lenses have similar "bubbles" in some spots. I think this might be from user error on my end & will probably just buy a new clear lens and use the current one as backup. I can still use the lenses well, I just don't like the look of the bubbles. Strangely is only affecting my clear ones, but no real side effects of it.

I would suggest doing research on them & if you can try to find someone who will let you borrow their ESS NVG (non turbofans) & see if those work as they cost ~$20-$30 on ebay. You can also search ebay for cheaer Turbofan deals, just make sure they are the real ones & not the clones. If it comes from Hong Kong it is a clone. I do see one that is <AT> $10 (ebay # 150678224533). The seller has no feedback so be wary. You can also find ESS turbos for about $160ish on internet websites.

There is also the Revision fan goggles. I have never had Revision or tried their goggles so I can't vouch for them, but Revision is sponsoring OPI IX & posted this coupon code: BATTLE for 20% off purchase through their online store. Airsoft Atlanta is selling some for $130.

Also, have you tried anti-fog/ catcrap on your current goggles?

Edited by 17 Delta

I have a pair of bitter end choppers for years that work PERFECTLY and are very comfortable and are everything I could ask for, and are only $40.

http://bitterendgoggles.com/bitter_end_goggles.htm

I highly recommend anything on that page. I've shot my goggles with a gun shooting 440FPS at 27rps and it doesn't have a dent on it, just a little paint missing.

Never used Flakjaks, so I can't really compare. I do have ESS Turbofans so I give my $.02

I got my Turbofans on 2/27/10 and when I first got them they did start to fog on me, however, I was told by numerous people to remove the vents & that helped enormously. I can usually play without using the fans at all, but if not the fans usually get rid of the fog. I'm still using the stock batteries so they seem to have a long battery life. I only really have problems when their is rain and it gets on the lens as it becomes really hard to see. Overall I really like mine. Although, I do have a slight problem with my lenses & this is it: http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28951 Not my post but my lenses have similar "bubbles" in some spots. I think this might be from user error on my end & will probably just buy a new clear lens and use the current one as backup. I can still use the lenses well, I just don't like the look of the bubbles. Strangely is only affecting my clear ones, but no real side effects of it.

I would suggest doing research on them & if you can try to find someone who will let you borrow their ESS NVG (non turbofans) & see if those work as they cost ~$20-$30 on ebay. You can also search ebay for cheaer Turbofan deals, just make sure they are the real ones & not the clones. If it comes from Hong Kong it is a clone. I do see one that is <AT> $10 (ebay # 150678224533). The seller has no feedback so be wary. You can also find ESS turbos for about $160ish on internet websites.

There is also the Revision fan goggles. I have never had Revision or tried their goggles so I can't vouch for them, but Revision is sponsoring OPI IX & posted this coupon code: BATTLE for 20% off purchase through their online store. Airsoft Atlanta is selling some for $130.

Also, have you tried anti-fog/ catcrap on your current goggles?

How fast would you say your goggles un-fog when you turn the fan onto the high setting? No I haven't tried catcrap yet, have you used it? Is it any good?

The other day we were playing and it was fairly windy. My goggles didn't fog up once, which is leading me to believe that the turbofans will help a lot. I think it's more of a ventilation problem more than anything else.

I have personally used ESS turbofans and so far they have been exceptional. I have never had the issue stated in the previous post happen to me in the past 2 years of me having it so I may have gotten lucky :) I love these goggles to death and will not be getting any other goggles. I've tried the goggles in a variety of settings. One time running a round without the fan running, then with low setting, and then high setting. Here's how it went down. At the beginning, the goggles were fine. But once I started heating up and sweating, it started to fog up (fan not running) so I would turn on the fan to high setting and it would take about a second for you to be able to see past the fog, 2-4 seconds for the fog to completely go away. Then running with it on low setting is what I found most effective. It never once fogged up no matter how hot and sweaty I got, and it is virtually silent. With the fan on high, I can distinctly hear it running and it just takes away from your concentration. So I just use it as a quick way to unfog my goggles if needed. Now, my friend got a pair of knockoff ESS turbofans for 40 bucks I believe. I have heard a couple times where it fogged up on him, but the design is different. Instead of the fan pulling air out of the space between the lenses and your eyes, it pulls air into it and therefore keeping all the heat and moisture in between the lenses and your eyes, causing it to fog up. Once my friend reverses the polarity on the fan, I'm sure it'll work just like mine. Good luck!!

Guest alberty

I mostly hear from local Flakjak goggle owners that they don't fog if you're moving often. But stay still for too long, and you'll have fogging problems.

I personally have used Cat Crap on many goggles and masks, works great in my experience. Used it on a Save Phace mask and it helped so much--users of that mask should know how badly those things fog up.

I honestly don't think you need goggles as expensive as ESS Turbofans. I personally have used Bolle X500s with an Iron Face lower mask and shemagh on my whole head, and got no fogging during a whole summer-heat operation of 6 hours. They cost me $18 haha.

What other head-related are you wearing with your goggles? What kind of temperatures are you playing in? These are more factors to consider.

Would suggest the ExFog system - Invented for high foggers like myself that don't want to go to new goggles. That wan't something that will work on any goggle, at any time, without buying new stuff. Search Facebook for ExFog - You'll see it all over the place.