to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
bamafan434

Show off your awesome brain bucket!

As the title says, show everyone your brain bucket or the head gear you use in games! My apologies if this is a repost!

DSC_0428.jpg

DSC_0427.jpg

DSC_0431.jpg

DSC_0430-1.jpg

Now my helmet is still a WIP. I ordered a Norotos Rhino swing arm today, a VIP strobe, 2 IFF American flag patches, and I ordered a new set of velcro, so when those get here I will post another pic. Also im going to put Velcro on the ear pieces for my goggles to attach to. I do have an Ops-Core H-nape attached to it, and im probably going to order a set of Team Wendy Epic Air pads for it!

Edited by houston

I dig ur lid bro. cant wait to see it with the VIP strobe!

Heres my lid:

Right side

NewHelmetRight.jpg

Left side

NewHelmetLeft.jpg

Parts:

Condor Mich 2000 Black (snakeskin pattern painted base nutmeg color, top color espresso brown)

Condor Helmet Pads (will replace in the future)

Ops Core X nape Tan

Self Adhesive Velcro Black

Bolle X800 Goggles (cut straps with sewn velcro on)

Chem Light (adhesive hook attached to mount it)

Norotos USGI Mich NVG mount Tan

G&P Replica MS2000 Strobe (will replace in the near future possibly with VIP strobe)

Thanks man! I do have two questions about your lid though! For the velcro on the ears, did you use just standard velcro? I was thinking about buying military grade velcro cause I wasnt sure if the tension of the goggles would be too much for the velcro. Also how do you like your X-nape? I have the H-nape and its pretty damn comfy and snug!

Well, first, I want to show my awesome Mk.6 helmet I found at an army/navy store near me that never gets British surplus supplies in, so I snagged it. Not sure if I should leave it as if, or scrape and sand it and re-finish it.

1-44.jpg

Now here is one of those cheapo $12 PASGT helmets that everyone buys online early in airsoft careers then sells it later for $10 to a newbie. The only netting I had was old and stiff so it didn't cover great, but I was impatient and I NEVER wear the helmet and had not painted in years, so what the heck, right? lol. Still looks okay, and works really well outside. Matches pretty much all my camo too.

2-40.jpg

1-45.jpg

The helmet I normally rock is a Protec Ace helmet painted OD. I can take a picture but it's nothing special. I am trying to decide if I should get new, smaller netting and paint my OD protec because even the botched PASGT job works really freaking well in the worlds around here.

Thanks man! I do have two questions about your lid though! For the velcro on the ears, did you use just standard velcro? I was thinking about buying military grade velcro cause I wasnt sure if the tension of the goggles would be too much for the velcro. Also how do you like your X-nape? I have the H-nape and its pretty damn comfy and snug!

I used standard grade self adhesive velcro. its actually really really strong (got it from ACE hardware.) I've re configured my lid like 3-4 times now and used the same velcro. none of it has ever peeled or anything like that. its pretty strong so I wouldn't worry.

the X nape is really nice, boatloads better than the standard issue chinstrap. im sure its going to be a little less stable than the H nape but I mean for 15 bucks less and esp since im not using NVGs (yet...) it is 100% what I was looking for. so the verdict is no question two thumbs up

How are the protecs? in terms of comfortablity?

I'm not high speed enough for this stuff. I just use a MICH2000 with a helmet cover matching my camo or black for my future "black loadout"

They are great, it's just a bike helmet with nice padding in it, the helmets are like they are part of your head when you wear them, I don't even use my chinstrap for it.

BTW IntraT, I finally got that Condor MOPC to replace the CIRAS haha, it's awesome.

I used standard grade self adhesive velcro. its actually really really strong (got it from ACE hardware.) I've re configured my lid like 3-4 times now and used the same velcro. none of it has ever peeled or anything like that. its pretty strong so I wouldn't worry.

the X nape is really nice, boatloads better than the standard issue chinstrap. im sure its going to be a little less stable than the H nape but I mean for 15 bucks less and esp since im not using NVGs (yet...) it is 100% what I was looking for. so the verdict is no question two thumbs up

So just regular velcro will be alright? Gotcha! I got my H-nape for free from one of my neighbors so I feel pretty boss with it!haha But yeah I love mine!

Im not really too much of a bike helmet fan, but those look pretty awsome! Good job guys!

They are great, it's just a bike helmet with nice padding in it, the helmets are like they are part of your head when you wear them, I don't even use my chinstrap for it.

BTW IntraT, I finally got that Condor MOPC to replace the CIRAS haha, it's awesome.

Yea I had one when I used to skateboard...shame that I threw it away, could have put it to use and it would have seen more life lol.

PM with the details on that MOPC, I'm gunna order an LBT soon if I can't get one here

My helmet. MICH 2000. Tried the Ranger snake skin pattern

xposnq.jpg

244chhy.jpg

50r8ue.jpg

14dgjv8.jpg

good stuff. needs some accessories like an NVG helmet. with that gucci factor a camo job u gotta have some sweet kit on the helmet!

As far as snakeskin patterns go, it looks pretty solid but next time id try and make the snakeskin a little less apparent (id suggest also sticking to one color) and uniform. its not meant to be like perfect, its a little more on the art side of things than strict uniformity (ik uncommon for the military but SOF units do this not grunts.) what I usually do is take the netting (use small netting like a butterfly net. big looks kinda weird its supossed to be a small tight pattern) and just dust in blotches. don't nuke the helmet with the top color paint, its supposed to be lightly put on there. sometimes its hard when u have a really dark color (the espresso on my helmet) so go easy.

if u want a good idea of some snake skin patterns on helmets go take a look at zaitsev's lid on this forum. His snakeskin is pretty typical of what u'd see a ranger doing.

hope this helps!

283e4720.jpg

MICH TC-2000 repro

ML-8 mike Lite

Norotos one point repro

Norotos TATM

Counter weight pouch

MS-2000

Usually has my desert locusts on there, will get some other pics up soon.... There are some angles in my SF thread but there weren't many helmet focussed pictures.

283e4720.jpg

MICH TC-2000 repro

ML-8 mike Lite

Norotos one point repro

Norotos TATM

Counter weight pouch

MS-2000

Usually has my desert locusts on there, will get some other pics up soon.... There are some angles in my SF thread but there weren't many helmet focussed pictures.

6237297549_ca47dc2c77_m.jpg 6237298759_df2431b041_m.jpg 6237299971_00c0f53ffe_m.jpg

Gentex ACH

USGI NVG Mount

NVG Arm (probably USGI one)

MS-2000

Surefire HL-1 copy

Velcro

30min of painting ;)

WOW!! Very nice lids! Im actually pretty jealous!haha

Sorry for the double post

**UPDATE**

DSC_0427-1.jpg

DSC_0428-1.jpg

DSC_0429-1.jpg

DSC_0430-2.jpg

I spray painted my helmet a few days ago but didnt want to post it up till I got my swing arm. Took me about 30 minutes to finish, and I cant stop admiring it.lol. I got the mount yesterday but the base mount on it fits a standard USGI NVG mount, so now I have to buy a a 3 hole shroud conversion kit for it :( Oh well. Anyways, enjoy!

Things left to get(in order):

3 hole shroud conversion kit

VIP strobe

Team Wendy EPIC Air pads

Surefire HL1 helmet light

Call sign patch

So I got around to re-painting my helmet. Again, I found some old netting and it wasn't very good, but I want effectiveness more than it to be perfect.

Here was after the second step (first was tan):

DSCN8523.jpg

And all finished:

DSCN8544.jpg

I'm happy because from a distance it looks mostly green but not solid and noticeable.

Guest Gcommando36

Pretty simple, but effective

Real Marine LWH (The store I bought it from thought it was a PASGT and I ended up saving $130 on it)

Cat Eyes Band

Arena Flakjaks

single google strap

50/50 tan/green paintjob

OUEvr.jpg

Bgq48.jpg

Nice paint job! I'm never happy with how mine turn out...

I saw this video a few years back, and I watched it again before I painted my helmet and it proved to be pretty useful!

Hope this helps!

Edited by houston

Replica MICH-2000. I'll probably switch out the flag for an IR one and throw an MS2000 on it some time.

IMG_4225-1.jpg

IMG_42242-1.jpg

I'll have to get up some pics of my psuedo-LWH (Unicor PASGT) as well.

30dgd2b.jpg

9vh8is.jpgxmluag.jpg

Kevalar PASGT with snow-white cover, Kevalar MICH 2000 with ACU cover single hole NVG and goggle straps along with Revision Desert Locus, MICH 2000 Replica paint snakeskin have multicam cover on it for now.

More close up of the new MICH 2000

73c8t1.jpg

4q0848.jpg

35bw592.jpg

5lujaw.jpg

ab4sj.jpg

Sadly yes? I can fathom spending the cash on a real OPS Core for Airsoft but an 800 dollar helmet for airsoft is a tad too much hahaha. The replica looks just as good. I was thinking about getting one but meh lol. If I were to get one, I would get the real straps for it.

<AT>Bob, is that a David Clark Headset boom mic light? My squadron issued those to us for when we are flying haha, I happened to put mine on my helmet as well as a flash light is easier for me to use than extra crap on my headset.

Edited by Khazzy

Sadly yes? I can fathom spending the cash on a real OPS Core for Airsoft but an 800 dollar helmet for airsoft is a tad too much hahaha. The replica looks just as good. I was thinking about getting one but meh lol. If I were to get one, I would get the real straps for it.

<AT>Bob, is that a David Clark Headset boom mic light? My squadron issued those to us for when we are flying haha, I happened to put mine on my helmet as well as a flash light is easier for me to use than extra crap on my headset.

That's why I have a replica. :a-wink: However, I always like having real gear. Plus, an AirFrame would make an excellent addition to my SHTF kit; I'd rather have that than a MICH for sure.

As for the straps, the ones the TMC helmet come with are pretty good, but I'd guess the real OPS Core would fit a bit better (never used them).

And you mean the Base Jump, right? 'Cause the Carbon is $600, and the ballistic is almost $900, heh.

That's why I have a replica. :a-wink: However, I always like having real gear. Plus, an AirFrame would make an excellent addition to my SHTF kit; I'd rather have that than a MICH for sure.

As for the straps, the ones the TMC helmet come with are pretty good, but I'd guess the real OPS Core would fit a bit better (never used them).

And you mean the Base Jump, right? 'Cause the Carbon is $600, and the ballistic is almost $900, heh.

haha no the real AirFrame helmet from Crye is over 800 is what I was talking about.

DSC08497.jpg

M42 German Reproduction Helmet with rope net.

DSC08498.jpg

Spanish M35 Stalhelm basically a copy of the German Version. Breadbag strap used as foliage strap.

DSC08500.jpg

East German M-56 Helmet with netting

DSC08501.jpg

My PASGT

DSC08497.jpg

M42 German Reproduction Helmet with rope net.

There we go. :a-grin:

I personally don't like the "snakeskin" pattern on all these helmets but to each his own. I've got a decked out M1 helmet for my 'Nam impression, a Legit M88 with a multicam cover, and a Pro-Tec Ace painted tan. I have for the most part transitioned over to baseball caps and boonies because I play on woodland fields.

Edited by mountainsniper

I know its been awhile, I've been pretty busy with work and im moving back home to Alabama, but I finally got around to post some pics! Not complete just yet! Still a few things I wanna get, but here is what I have so far! *Quick note* I also got an amazing deal on a real Tc-2000 so once I get that and pimp it out, I will post some pics! For now, enjoy!

DSC_0429-2.jpg

DSC_0428-2.jpg

DSC_0431-1.jpg

Replica Mich Tc-2000 w/Rep Norotos 3 hole shroud

Norotos TATM (Short)

Rep V.I.P Strobe

Ops-Core H-Nape