Sign in to follow this  
Neotyguy40

PDI Hard Piston broke after just a few months?

I'll try to make this quick.

My PDI Hard Piston that I installed in my BAR-10 has broke. The end of it that is suppose to catch onto the 90-degree trigger (I have a v-trigger if relevant) has been ripped off of the rest of the piston (which ruined the threads it attaches by). The spring I use is a %250 SPR, and I am using the correct spring guide. Everything else in the cylinder is stock.

I thought that the hard piston would be able to stand up to that spring (many people can put %300 springs in with no problem). When this happened, the o-ring on the tip of the piston broke off and jammed the piston from being caught on the trigger (which effectively ripped the piston from itself).

Anyone hear of this issue? I'm going to put an order in for another in case it was a bad piston. I've never heard of this happening before though.

PDI pistons arent the best. in fact they are probably the worst aftermarket company made by a good company (specificaly laylax, Polar Star, PDI) You are better off getting a P* or Laylax piston

Would that require getting a new spring guide as well? Or will my normal PDI one fit the piston fine? Will I need to replace the spring too? The spring is a 13mm OD and 11mm ID.

The larger diameter PDI spring guides and springs will only fit PDI pistons and the Laylax red/orange pistons, not the P* or stock.

Ahh, okay. So what would work better, a Laylax orange, or PDI hard piston? Is there any major differences?

I see that the orange piston has an air brake, so if I want to maintain my FPS, I should get a PDI, right?

However, the PDI piston uses O-rings, which tend to easily rip (though they are easily replaceable).

Edited by Neotyguy40