to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
turtletech

Comparison of Online Retailers?

I was thinking about ordering off of Amazon to get my gun due to the reduced prices. Here is what I was going to get as a starter sniper loadout. Do realize, this would be for shorter games, in a field with novice players making the main force, me being one of those novice players. Anyway, here is what I was looking at.

Echo 1 M28

NC Star Patriot Series 3-9x40 with bullet drop reticle and sunshade.

Madbull .30g BBs

FlakJag Goggles

And as for the clothing I was looking at just bringing a set of a brown shirt and cargo pants. I will get a BDU, or a ghillie, as soon as possible.

But anyway, how is Amazon? Are there any sites that offer similar pricing. I understand I would likely need to purchase the scope from Amazon to get the best price, but what about the other stuff?

^yeah I agree. Are you just getting into airsoft or do you already know THIS IS ALL YOU WANT TO DO. We've had this discussion here a couple times here before. I would instead suggest, getting something like an m16a4. It's a usable gun for a normal game but if you want to upgrade to a DMR then its a good base. And then you can decide if a BASR is the route you want to go.

Amazon is a good dealer of everything in general in my experience? I don't usually buy airsoft items from them though. I usually go through ASGI but that's just me.

Not to criticize your loadout choice but it's something you should know.

And as for the clothing I was looking at just bringing a set of a brown shirt and cargo pants. I will get a BDU, or a ghillie, as soon as possible.

This is your biggest problem, quoted right above this text. Get your BDUs, then focus on the airsoft stuff.

And trust me, a lot of people want to snipe in airsoft and play as a "sniper", and 93% of the time it doesn't work out... and that may be a generous percentage of success. Psycho brings up a good idea about an M16.

In my experience, it depends on where you play, and who you know to upgrade your rife to make it useful, and also taking a certified snipers course if necessary (it should be t least).

First thing, how would I need to pour lots of money into the gun to get it into good order? It already fires 200+ feet accurately. But my second issue is that a lot of people suggest an M16. The problem is, I really don't have the cash to be a DM. I looked up the cost and it is a ton. Plus, I have seen successful snipers. It isn't that rare. I've read the guides, and think I might be able to do well.

Oh, and also, I am not completely new to airsoft. I have played with my friends in their woods once or twice. Nothing longer than a 100 foot engagment, and I found I really preffered to be able to take them out quitely rather than shoot off 20 rounds to get them.

I also have some good reasons why I want to be a sniper in airsoft. The first is stress control. I want to learn how to be calm, focus my breathing, and make myself a healthier person. But then there is also the accurate shots, and the strategy.

But anyway, why don't you want me to try to be a sniper? Give me a few legitimate reasons.

Edited by turtletech

If you are able to find exactly what you want on Amazon, it should be fine.

Airsoft Retailers will have a broader assortment of quality Airsoft brands and items. And the "Claimed" performance of some listings never really holds true to the guns right out of the box.

Now on to the piggyback questions...

The guys above are only recommending something other than "Sniper" because too often you see guys who are fairly new to real Airsoft (As opposed to backyard Airsofting) jump in with the idea that being a Sniper in Airsoft will be just as cool as Real Snipers. I see it alot on forums as well as in real life. A lot of players see these cool looking setups and want to emulate them, but rarely do they take the time to experience the role in game. The 100ft minimum engagement rules, the single shots at a time, and the possibility of never firing your gun at anyone, can be very frustrating to those that had no idea of what the role really meant.

I have also learned not to try and talk people out of it unless they are completely new to the sport. It is better to let them learn on their own, or at least it is less stress for me to explain or enlighten them, only for them to get upset and do it anyway.. The "I told you so" moment is always priceless when you see them at the next event and they are aggressivey trying to sell all their airsoft gear so they can be a rifleman and have the fun their friends are having at games.

Lol I think that shwell gave you some pretty legit reasons right here.

Realistically none of us can really tell you have to spend you're money and if you're really set on going this route than who am I to stop you. We're simply trying to save you some headaches later. Again the reason I say m16 is because it's sort of a jack of all trades. With a sniper rifle all you can do is snipe. With an m16 you can start play right away and with some simple (and relatively cheap upgrades) you can get good groupings for a dmr. However if you decide you don't want to go on the snipIng route then you're not stuck with a single use weapon.

What you'll also find is that the stock sniper rifles (especially clones) still need a good amount of upgrades to use it effectively on the field. I had a jg bar 10 and that was nice by could stil use some work for me to use. There wil be some people here that will debate what " accurate up to 200 feet" entails. For the sake of the argument though, I think it can be improved upon. Also in regards to the shooting disciplines, I think you can still apply those to an electric gun.

Again, it's your money and youll use it how you want. But these are just our opinions.

Edited by psychobunny

Thank you for the help. I have tried out my friend's JG G36c, in my large backyard, but groupings were rather bad at 120 feet. I would say it is a 5 inch grouping at that range, aiming for directly the same point every time. This was from prone even! I believe it may be a better rifle if he installs some of the hop-up mods you guys suggested, and he is getting a 450mm TBB for it, along with a barrel extention.

Also, I am just planning on getting this for larger operations, lengthy or ammo reduced games, and plinking. I do plan to get an M16 or M14 when I get more money, as a rifleman gun for different games.

But again, thanks for all the help. The only one issue I have know is what BDU set to get. Or if a ghillie kit would do it. I really don't want to spend over 50 bucks on the set. I have seen a ghillie kit here http://www.amazon.com/Ghillie-Suits-Custom...7060&sr=8-1, if it would work without a BDU under it and rather a set of brown clothing.

5 inch grouping at 120 feet... Umm that is good for a plastic BB.. ? You sir, expect way too much from an Airsoft gun..

I am thinking this guy have very little idea about distances.

If you watch some crazyncman videos, most airsoft guns ends up with a 1ft grouping at 100ft...most chinese clones has an effective range of 130ft. Add 50ft to that with a high end AEG. No out of the box aeg has an effective range 200ft+...maybe the polar star pr15, but that's not really an AEG.

aye, I agree with not starting with a sniper rifle. I got one myself and was not impressed with stock performance, it'll need major tweaks before I can use it effectively not wearing orange and carrying springers >.<

But here's what I sudgest, a P90, mp5, or some other compact AEG. (I personally like the p90 but that's just a SG fan talking)

You can use this gun until *and after* you get a DMR or other highly accurate gu;, just carry it as a backup.

Or you could get a gas pistol (non blowbacks are cheaper and use less gas)... or two. The backup guns option applies here also, but you may find that you enjoy the super light setup... (I have been yearning to try dual weiding for a long time)

Add to this gas set up that if you might eventually get a gas rifle....

:Edit:

To address the topic title, Amazon is for lazy people who are scared of research (into the gun and into whether a site is reputable). But you will pay for it, their prices suck 80% of the time

I have had good experience with Airsplat and Airsoft Gi (GI is running a 19% off deal right now I think...)

Edited by Greenace

/\/\ The 19% includes a 10% coupon code, an estimated 7% shipping and the 2% rebate thingy lol.

Bolt Actions are no more accurate than AEG's from what I have seen. With a little work I have my pistol shooting almost as far as my stock L96. The only real difference That I can think of is that you have to :censored2: a bolt action, but an AEG :censored2: itself.