chancejeff

G&P Limited Edition M4 Carbine Full Metal

G&P's are not good if you don't want to mod it for a while.

My G&P m16 shredded a piston and burnt up a motor in under 1500 rounds. Shimming was horrible too.

G&P's are great guns but need TLC out of the box to perform well.

If you want a gun you don't need to mess with get a G&G or a KWA.

And please get your battery from www.eliteairsoftbatteries.com. Intellect batteries blow, and just about every other battery made for airsoft. Elite batteries are cheaper and much higher quality.

Edited by jonathanMP5

G&P's are not good if you don't want to mod it for a while.

My G&P m16 shredded a piston and burnt up a motor in under 1500 rounds. Shimming was horrible too.

G&P's are great guns but need TLC out of the box to perform well.

If you want a gun you don't need to mess with get a G&G or a KWA.

And please get your battery from www.eliteairsoftbatteries.com. Intellect batteries blow, and just about every other battery made for airsoft. Elite batteries are cheaper and much higher quality.

When did you get your G&P? I know their older models had a lot of internal issues. I got my G&P almost a year ago, and have been using an 11.1v LiPo with it ever since, and it has not shown me any trouble.

My tech coworker tells me that he doesn't like G&G internals at all, and that they are not too well made. KWA is pretty solid however.

I think saying Intellect batteries "blow" is a little strong, I've never had any issues with one?

When did you get your G&P? I know their older models had a lot of internal issues. I got my G&P almost a year ago, and have been using an 11.1v LiPo with it ever since, and it has not shown me any trouble.

My tech coworker tells me that he doesn't like G&G internals at all, and that they are not too well made. KWA is pretty solid however.

I think saying Intellect batteries "blow" is a little strong, I've never had any issues with one?

I got my G&P Earlier this year, around April. Its a newer model w/ the 8mm GB.

Intellect batteries blow mostly because most of the time they are horrendously overpriced, and generally low quality. I personally have received two intellects that came w/ a deal cell rendering the battery useless. My main point was why overpay for an intellect when you can get a superior Elite battery for cheaper.

I completely disagree w/ you about G&G's though. IMO they come with some of the best quality stock internals. Even my G&G combat machine surprised me with how nice it is internally.

I got my G&P Earlier this year, around April. Its a newer model w/ the 8mm GB.

Intellect batteries blow mostly because most of the time they are horrendously overpriced, and generally low quality. I personally have received two intellects that came w/ a deal cell rendering the battery useless. My main point was why overpay for an intellect when you can get a superior Elite battery for cheaper.

I completely disagree w/ you about G&G's though. IMO they come with some of the best quality stock internals. Even my G&G combat machine surprised me with how nice it is internally.

Intellect batteries are usually $20-40, I never figured 'em that expensive. Not sure on the price of Elite though.

I don't have a lot of experience with G&Gs personally, however, I do have a G&G UMP, and have had a good amount of issues with them. I do see a good number of faulty/broken G&Gs around as well, but the opinion I presented above is from our technician rather than myself. I wouldn't necessarily say they are BAD guns, of course.

I would take G&G internals over KWA just because they use standardized parts.

G&Ps are iffy when it comes to reliability. On my local forum, a few guys have had G&Ps for years and apparently had no problems. Other places, I hear about them failing usually under 30,000 rounds.

G&Ps are probably one of the best, if not the best makers of armalites IF you are willing to do some tuning. Whenever the G&Ps fail, it's usually the piston or the gears that break (sometimes both). To replace the piston and gears would only run you about $50 max if you do the work yourself.

A #10 set of JG gears and an $8 SHS piston would keep your gun running for a very long time. (if tuned properly)

Overall, judging from what I've seen, G&Ps will either last a long time or break fairly quickly. If I was to buy an armalite, I would choose between deepfire and G&P.

If you are open to suggestions, Airsplat carries a Deep Fire M4 (full metal and has a crane stock) for around $160. (it's a "sportline" model) The proline models are $200 and up. (which IMO, would be worth it)

Edited by Stealthmaster14

Based from my experience in G&P, it's a good choice.

In stock form, it will last long.

Been using also a lipo in mine and it holds.

And by doing some fine tuning, it'll perform much better and last longer.

G&Ps will be fine. but like all guns you can get a good one or a stinker. it happens shrugs.

now OP are you looking for a standard battery or are you looking to go with lipos in the future

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/_...__-Airsoft.html <- here if your looking for decent and well priced lipos

and to the OP are you familiar with the internal workings of a Gearbox to the point you feel you could work on one.

I personally like G&Ps

G&Ps will be fine. but like all guns you can get a good one or a stinker. it happens shrugs.

now OP are you looking for a standard battery or are you looking to go with lipos in the future

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/_...__-Airsoft.html <- here if your looking for decent and well priced lipos

and to the OP are you familiar with the internal workings of a Gearbox to the point you feel you could work on one.

I personally like G&Ps

There pretty nice guns