to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Decon

Javelin Gunworks M24 vs. JG Bar-10 (M24)

I'm in the market for an airsoft sniper rifle and I'm trying to decide between these two. I'm looking for one that is easily upgradable with high quality parts and will be able to shoot 250ft+ accurately once upgraded. I know that the Javelin uses the ASP2 system and the JG uses the VSR-10 system. Which one do you think is better and why?

My main concerns are upgradeability, durability, range, and accuracy.

I'm in the market for an airsoft sniper rifle and I'm trying to decide between these two. I'm looking for one that is easily upgradable with high quality parts and will be able to shoot 250ft+ accurately once upgraded. I know that the Javelin uses the ASP2 system and the JG uses the VSR-10 system. Which one do you think is better and why?

My main concerns are upgradeability, durability, range, and accuracy.

Based on the system that the guns are based on, APS-2.

From years of using, APS-2 > VSR-10 IMO.

IMO opinion, this is how it seems for the systems:

VSR-10 < APS-2 - (when not upgraded)

VSR-10 > APS-2 - (when upgraded)

When talking about the Javelin vs. BAR-10, I would say it is sort of the same. If you're just looking for stock performance, then the Javelin will hit at much further distances. And the Javelin is more durable than the BAR-10 (and what do you expect from $180, plastic?)

If you are willing to, you should get a TM VSR-10 over both of those if you plan to be spending a good amount of money on upgrades. It would have much more durability than both of those that you're looking at. Otherwise, it just comes down to how much you are planning to upgrade and how well you take care of it.

IMO opinion, this is how it seems for the systems:

VSR-10 < APS-2 - (when not upgraded)

VSR-10 > APS-2 - (when upgraded)

When talking about the Javelin vs. BAR-10, I would say it is sort of the same. If you're just looking for stock performance, then the Javelin will hit at much further distances. And the Javelin is more durable than the BAR-10 (and what do you expect from $180, plastic?)

If you are willing to, you should get a TM VSR-10 over both of those if you plan to be spending a good amount of money on upgrades. It would have much more durability than both of those that you're looking at. Otherwise, it just comes down to how much you are planning to upgrade and how well you take care of it.

I would like the Tokyo Marui a lot, but it seems that they've discontinued it. I can't find one for sale anywhere and I can't find anyone that is carrying upgrade parts for it anymore. Do you know of any retailer that still sells the rifle and upgrade parts?

I would like the Tokyo Marui a lot, but it seems that they've discontinued it. I can't find one for sale anywhere and I can't find anyone that is carrying upgrade parts for it anymore. Do you know of any retailer that still sells the rifle and upgrade parts?

Wha- wha- wha- what!? Where did you hear that? I hope you are going off of intuition and not an actual source. That would be very depressing. And I hope you're joking when you say no one is carrying upgrade parts for it.

The thing is, they generally make the gun in batches, and they get sold out VERY quickly. Right now, Airsoft Atlanta seems to be getting all the TM guns in the states (exaggeration; others get some too). They actually have some in stock right now:

Pro-sniper version.

G-spec version.

Real-shock version.

They also have hundreds of parts dedicated for VSR guns:

VSR-10 Parts.

If you don't want to pay the high price of a non-clone, or you don't plan on upgrading it too much, I would just get the Javelin.