to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
blaudeman123

WE PDW and WE SCAR input

I am looking into getting into GBBRs, and more specifically the WE PDW and SCAR, both the open bolt new models. I would be buying brand new. I am looking for your feedback, experience and tips on these two guns and which one you think is better. I am leaning more towards the PDW and would be getting a NPAS for either one, as well as several extra WE mags. I would be skirmishing them, so I am prepared for keeping it in good order and using it carefully. Please let me know what you all think and I really want to hear about PROBLEMS experience and how long it took to begin and under what conditions. Thanks

Both guns are pretty much the same quality as far as the internal gas systems go. In my opinion, which one you choose would really be up to you on what style you prefer. We've sold quite a few of them and really haven't had much problems. The main problem that I've seen, as on any GBB gun is leaking mags. Not that all the mags leak, but just like with GBB pistols, some mags leak. Orings wear out, things come loose, etc.

Also, we had an issue I remember on one of the MK16's with a trigger box issue. Ended up replacing that.

I don't have any experience with the PDW, however the OB SCAR is a solid performer. Be forewarned that the pieces that there are 2 pieces that are prone to failure. The pieces that tend to break are the stock hinge plate, and the piece that the hinge plate slides onto. Ive had both fail on me, I installed a reinforced hinge plate which is holding up just fine. The piece that the hinge plate slides onto has been replaced, however its a stock piece, I still need to buy a reinforced one. Other than that, the SCAR is awesome. Nice and loud, and extremely easy to disassemble

Hey. I haven't used the PDW or the SCAR, but if I'm correct, they both have the same gas system as the G36c. If I'm right, then pick the gun that is most comfortable, and that you like the look of best. If you can, go to an airsoft store and handle both of them to see which you prefer the feel of. I highly recommend investing $20-30 on the NPAS system that RA-tech makes. Its a pretty penny for the tiny piece of metal you get, but it's relatively easy to install, and gives you the freedom to change the recoil:FPS ratio. (higher recoil=lower FPS, making it field legal in more places) You will definitely want more than 1 or even 2 mags, and investing in a STURDY speed loader is imperative.(but now reading your post again, you already knew all of that ;) )

Rarely if ever fire off a whole mag in fully automatic (though burst is okay), as this increases the chance of occasional mis-feeds. If the bolt gets stuck back, DO NOT CONTINUE ATTEMPTING TO FIRE(or move the bolt). It probably means that a bb is stuck beside the feed in the bolt. Strip the gun down and free the BB, then it should be good as new. I've only had this happen 3 times EVER, but it can happen. The thing I like about these guns is that they are so easy to troubleshoot and maintain. o gears or pistons or motors or wiring or batteries to go out. they come completely apart and go back together in under 10 minutes. Excellent guns all around. Oh and definitely invest in a propane adapter. keep a can of green gas around for occasionally lubing your mags, but run propane most of the time. I hear people saying that you need to lube your mags every 10 fills or so, but IMHO thats overkill. I've used my gas guns(baring my newest one because I didn't have it then) for over 3 years and the only o-rings I've ever had to replace were fill-valve o-rings, and that's because they fell out.

Good luck and have fun!

Got a PDW. thanks for all the advice!

enjoy!

I invested in an AFG (magpul grip) tried one out at AEX and it is SOOO much better on my wrist.