Sign in to follow this  
sickening

G&G combat machine?

I am thinking about using a G&G combat machine as a base gun for any upcoming projects that I may want to take on but I have a few questions.

1. What corners did they cut to drop the price so low?

2. How dose the gear box compare to the pro line?

3. How dose the externals compare (and not just the body)

4. Last, what would be the mandatory upgrades for it to compete with a higher quality gun?

After rewording my search I found the answers I was looking for. I will not be buying one for any projects I have planned, was hoping it was the same gearbox but with a plastic body.

Edited by airborne101

After rewording my search I found the answers I was looking for. I will not be buying one for any projects I have planned, was hoping it was the same gearbox but with a plastic body.

If that is what you are looking for, then you want to go with the G&G Original Plastica series. Proline internals, plastic externals. They are getting harder to find, however I think Airsoft Atlanta still carries them.

Plastica-bushings instead of the bearings in the proline, non tightbore brass barrel everything else is the same as the proline except for the plastic body.

Combat Machine- bushings instead of bearings, blue cylinder, aluminum or tin barrel which I personally thought was junk, outer barrel is non removable and is a very ugly shiny color compared to the nice finish of the plastica and proline armalite series.

There really arent very big differences, but the plasitca definetly looks nicer than the combat machines. Also my plastica had a working dust cover where most combat machines and other plasitcas didnt

ya know current full metal jg's are a whole lot nicer for a project base than they were even a few short years ago

nothin wrong with combat machine internals if you can stand that whole non removable outer barrel thing which I don't understand since they have polymer receivers. the blowback can be disabled for better durability

I don't see much point in buying something high end if you have project plans for it immediately

Edited by Zemanova

The one piece outer barrel is removable lol I have removed them on 3 kinds of G&G cms. Honestly I believe you all are talking about abit of the older gen cm's for internal wise. They actually have great internals.

As a previous owner of a cm, for the price its an amazing gun. I slapped on a green gandg bucking and a tk twist barrel and was getting great range and accuracy. I was very impressed with the gearbox, specially how they rounded the four corners of impact by the cylinder, makes the gearbox last longer by spreading the impact of the piston slamming. Most higher end companies havemt caught on to that instead choosing to "beef" up the front of the gb. The plastic body seriously looks like a metal one, its got a very nice matte finish, again perfect for a project gun since im sure youll change out the front end. The triangle sight cannot be removed and the outer barrel is an ugky black. Swap out the outer barrel and buy a ris and probkem solved. For a base gun you cannot go wrong with a cm, tons of upgrade options and again for the price, you cannot beat it :-)

As a previous owner of a cm, for the price its an amazing gun. I slapped on a green gandg bucking and a tk twist barrel and was getting great range and accuracy. I was very impressed with the gearbox, specially how they rounded the four corners of impact by the cylinder, makes the gearbox last longer by spreading the impact of the piston slamming. Most higher end companies havemt caught on to that instead choosing to "beef" up the front of the gb. The plastic body seriously looks like a metal one, its got a very nice matte finish, again perfect for a project gun since im sure youll change out the front end. The triangle sight cannot be removed and the outer barrel is an ugky black. Swap out the outer barrel and buy a ris and probkem solved. For a base gun you cannot go wrong with a cm, tons of upgrade options and again for the price, you cannot beat it :-)

Why would you put the same bucking in the gun it already came with?

haha I actually tried several different combos with the tk twist barrel and found the g&g stock bucking worked the best, basically restating it and since buckings and barrels are what people swap out right away for better distance and accuracy, you wont for the cm.

I don't see much point in buying something high end if you have project plans for it immediately

That’s why was I was looking into a CM, I really just want a good quality gearbox, inner barrel, and hop up without braking the bank. I don’t want to get a FTK because I believe that most gearbox upgrade parts are a waste of money unless you want to very high ROF or more that 400 FPS. Almost any air leak issue can be fixed with some lube/ Teflon tape/ and a o-ring, a upgraded piston won’t make your gun shot any harder or faster, stock gears and motors work fine unless you want high FPS and or high ROF! But, with that being said I also don’t want to get a very poorly made gear box that I have to keep changing parts till it has a FTK that was installed one piece at a time.

From the reviews I have seen of the g&g CM the gear box and inner barrels are very sub-par so I am inclined to believe that a CM would not make a very good base gun.

That’s why was I was looking into a CM, I really just want a good quality gearbox, inner barrel, and hop up without braking the bank. I don’t want to get a FTK because I believe that most gearbox upgrade parts are a waste of money unless you want to very high ROF or more that 400 FPS. Almost any air leak issue can be fixed with some lube/ Teflon tape/ and a o-ring, a upgraded piston won’t make your gun shot any harder or faster, stock gears and motors work fine unless you want high FPS and or high ROF! But, with that being said I also don’t want to get a very poorly made gear box that I have to keep changing parts till it has a FTK that was installed one piece at a time.

From the reviews I have seen of the g&g CM the gear box and inner barrels are very sub-par so I am inclined to believe that a CM would not make a very good base gun.

I dunno the inner barrel is a stock 6.04 tb which is pretty good. The internals are great except the gears wont take more then a m120 after awhile. All you honestly have to fix is put steel 8mm bushings then the stock brass ones, and put a better motor since the one it has stock is very weak. Its a great gun to build off honestly for the price.