to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
RogueShadow357

where is the older crew?

Younger players will always dominate airsoft. Most of the young guys from a few years back went into the military, finally could own real-steel, or just flat out found a new hobby. IMO, it does seem like the older airsoft crowd has died away though, a few years ago it was about 50-50% over 21/under 21, and now it seems like only a few guys here and there are the "old timers".

what sucks about being an oldsofter for me is that I didnt get into this until my mid 20s. probly 25 or 26. ....meaning that I didnt even discover real airsoft guns til then. til then all I knew about were cheap spring pistols

I wish I would have discovered this in my early 20's or late teens at least

but now being the older hobbyist I get a lot of crap from people about my age and fake toy guns and all that bs

I also get a lot of crap from people because I have a hobby and apparently hobbies are for creepy people and losers

its like why the f do I have to be known as the creeper that likes fake guns instead of a cool decent guy with a hobby or somebody whos actually doing something that he loves

.....whatever

people are just stupid and act like its a terrible crime if you like things that are military related but youve never been in the military. I feel like im the only one who goes through this because I never hear it mentioned by anyone else and ive known a few airsofters near my area and theyve never had complaints about idiots

a few days ago while I was messing with my new kwa mr I was told that my life was half over. what a freakin hurtful insult!

and my gf freaked out at me when I bought a 5 dollar tactical belt at a flea market yesterday

end rant

Edited by Zemanova

What happens when she buys a $500 pair of shoes?

rofl if she could even afford that like ever. I gave her my shoes.

lets not take this off topic any further. thats a whole nother huge rant by itself :b

Edited by Zemanova

1984-1987 - Laser Tag (Infrared guns)

1987-1992 - Paintball (Some exposure to Classic Airsoft guns)

1992-2002 - Real steel (Started seeing more "Electric" Airsoft guns)

2002-Present - Airsoft (I fabricate what I cannot afford or does not exist)

I am 40 now... I enjoy airsoft artillery support. One shot = Seven kills.

My version of CQB is leveling the entire building.

///ed///

man I member laser tag. thanks for makin me feel old :b

airsofting with a pastor seems like an odd experience. and isnt itsahak a cop or something? ive bought from him before. sometimes when people are up on my bout my age in this I end up saying yea well I probly bought airsoft from a cop before. what you gonna be like now?

You see less older airsofters simply because we've all got other things we've got to do. Jobs, family, errands, etc. As the group I normally run with has aged over the last few years we see each other off the field more than on it.

man aint that the absolute truth...

I member I skated hardcore throughout the majority of my 20's til I discovered airsoft and then skating sorta died for me specially after beginning to feel my age a little bit. you think airsofting is a strenuous activity? try skating, you have no idea

but then after a few years I started going to my gf's to stay and it keeps me away from my home where I have 100 acres of private forest land and you cant have airsoft here in this town. so im completely away from everything about the hobby except for this forum while im staying with her. and then if that wasnt bad enough I got addicted to getting tattoos. try imagining stretching your low amounts of money between two expensive things like tattoos and airsoft. I honestly don't know how ive been managing both at the same time so well. ive been getting lots of tats while moving on to getting high end guns. all the while not having a steady income. ive sold whatever I can and done whatever I could and recycled cans to get all the money I need

and you realize that I don't even have as much in my life as other airsofters my age and older. I don't have a career or family like most do. I see getting older as the ultimate hobby killer as we become the "dinosaurs". were only gonna last so long with what we currently have after we start having bills, a wife demanding our money, and then kids demanding our money. bills and kids are something that your money will need to go to first before even your wife let alone a hobby

it sucks to wonder how many more years of this I can actually keep up with everything because I love this so much

like how does anyone keep it up into their 40's? ....by having no life or responsibilities? if youre a guy whos past 30 and into their 40's and you have bills, and a family and youre still keeping up with this hobby then you deserve a lot of respect in my opinion

Edited by Zemanova

I am 35 and surf the boards daily (kinda my job).. But most older Airsofters arent extremely activeon forums. I find that their traffic os usually very specific. They are looking for certain info and that is it. They are not here to chat away like mostof us..

I have only been playing Airsoft for 3 years.. I went from Imprt cars, to Motorcycles, to Paintball (3months lol), to Airsoft.. My learning curve was a little faster than most since I am very familiar with Real Steel, so transitioning to Airsoft wasnt so bad.. At least that is how I see it.

Hm..I guess you could blame the economy, and adults put their priorities on place. They rather pay for heat then airsoft.

Couple months ago I played with this guy, he was probably 40 and was airsofting with his son for his birthday. He was pretty cool. I don't mind playing with the older crew, in fact I prefer it. Even if their not as mobile, still more mature, and experienced. I'm about 20, and I've been airsofting for about 8 years now

I totally agree with that. I'm just nineteen, but I've been playing for six or seven years now. I think it's great when I see older players around, especially the ones who've been in the sport for a decade or more. They've got a lot of knowledge and experience to share, and are usually just great guys as well. Some people seem to look down on people older than my age playing airsoft, which I don't really understand.

College and girls. This last week I haven't been able to keep the same academic thought for more than a couple minutes.

BTW. You can get numbers by knocking on doors and borrowing a knife to open a coconut.

Edited by Automobilie

Younger side of older here, 20 at the moment...=] well older than 12 anywho

My version of CQB is leveling the entire building.

Ed, can I add this to my sig? Its freaking Hilarious!

Sig-worthy material right there.

Edit: damn he got it first xD

Edited by sharxbyte

What really happens is unless you manage to hoodwink household six or convert her into playing airsoft she forces you to sell off your collection. Or at least her needs do. But you manage to hold on to a favorite piece or two... And then you have kids... Bye bye...

OR you have an underground gun safe/bunker where you keep airsoft and real steel toys until your kids are old enough to comprehend "this is the safety; keep it on until you are ready to shoot, never point it at anyone unless they are trying to hurt you, keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to pull, and don't touch daddy's guns unless he is watching, or dead.

I'm never marrying someone who cant tolerate(or play along with) my hobbies =]

This. Luckily my new girlfriend doesn't complain about my views on things or hobbies let alone. Well not like it would matter if she did lol

Oh trust me it would matter... This from a book I'm reading:

... Actually, I just deployed that old standby strategy, which works almost every time, for almost every problem, with almost every man: "No more s*x until you [fill in the blank]"...

... See? it does matter. :a-laugh:

Good book BTW

Edited by sharxbyte

Hahaha I get you. I meant like, if she didn't hop on the bandwagon, she'd get kicked to the curb:p

Funny thing is, we try to pull that on each other, but we can never go through with it. We both know we can't last without sex, so usually one of us caves in. We came to the conclusion that there's no need to put ourselves through that kind of torture lol

Guest OpSic66
Younger players will always dominate airsoft. Most of the young guys from a few years back went into the military, finally could own real-steel, or just flat out found a new hobby. IMO, it does seem like the older airsoft crowd has died away though, a few years ago it was about 50-50% over 21/under 21, and now it seems like only a few guys here and there are the "old timers".

You're forgetting that most folks above 23 yrs of age, may have a family to be taking care of. At 33 here, I've been absent from ASF since about may. Mostly due to family things that have come up and needed more attention the forums.

I'm never marrying someone who cant tolerate(or play along with) my hobbies =]

im with one like that right now. its as though she hates it and hates that I like it and it makes me happy so therefore she has to try to ruin it for me

she gets really pissy if she knows I have money im gonna spend on airsoft. I have to hide that money or shell steal it while im sleeping and buy cigarettes and sodas

Oh trust me it would matter... This from a book I'm reading:

... See? it does matter. :a-laugh:

Good book BTW

yea ....ya know she tries that crap with me. it doesnt work. im just like "well ok then, I guess that gets me off the hook for the rest of the week. oh btw, ..when the f*** are you goin to bed so I can have some peace and quiet?"