Sign in to follow this  
Guest gamerfreak

Ares 338 external CO2 rig problem

Guest gamerfreak

So I have an ares 338, and before I converted the mag, I was getting about 433 with propane. After I converted the mag, I get around 400 with about 80psi, however if I turn up the psi anymore, the fps just drops. I am assuming this is a problem with the hammer or striker plate? is that correct? or am I missing something else?

Also I am considering ordering a new oring set however is it normal to get 400 fps around 80 psi? if it is then I think I can just skip the o-rings.

Thanks!

Guest gamerfreak

well everything is fine up to 80 psi after that it the fps just goes down. I can't seem to get over 400 fps

Definitely a striker spring problem.

The current spring you are using isn't strong enough to release the valve completely on that psi setting (80psi and above).

Though I must say that 80 psi isn't much, even my pistol (hi-capa 5.1) can release a 150psi setting :P

My custom Tanaka M24A2 (no need to go into upgrade details) starts having problems after 300psi, which is way too much anyhow. And I have shortened the G&G striker spring.

LeStath