to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
schnarz25

Echo 1 M28 sniper rifle help

so while sighting in my friends M28 today I think something in his trigger box broke. I don't have much experience with snipers but I've done plenty of work on AEGs so I'm pretty competent with mech boxes and things like that.

anyways, it was shooting fine and then all of the sudden when you cocked it the bolt wouldn't go back forward unless you pushed it with a fair amount of force and then it would shoot forward. once it did that it was like you never cocked it. it seams like something inside isnt holding the spring back when you :censored2: it. it does this every time you try to :censored2: it now.

like I said, I'm not really a snipe rifle guy so any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

Your second sear is slipping on you.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/shs-2nd-sear-fo...iper-steel.html

That is the part you are going to need. Now before you say anything about it being for the L96, I know for a FACT that it will work and it does work. I have swapped out more than a few trigger mechs on the M28 with this part, and it works great.

Your second sear is slipping on you.

I don't think so. He says after cocking it back he has to push really hard to get the bolt to move forward, then it slips. If the second sear was worn out, then it would slip as soon as he tried letting off pressure when it's back.

I would check to make sure the trigger box is secured to the upper receiver and that it's lined up. If it's out of alignment, it will grind against the cylinder when pushing the bolt forward, which can cause what you described.

If it is the second sear, just replace it. They aren't that expensive and it's easy to do.

Make sure the searbox/trigger box is working properly out of the gun. IE, all of the parts are moving accordingly to how they are spring loaded. Second sear should stay upright and when held down and let go it should spring load back to its original position. Also check the spring guide and spring guide stopper to make sure they are staying in place and not bending/coming loose. Check your spring guide and make sure it isn't bent. Check your piston to make sure it isn't bent or has gouges out of it. Also check to make sure the spring isn't too terribly bent or coming off of the spring guide.

As woogie said, it sounds like something could be messing with your piston and causing it to lock up. I'm not convinced it is the second sear necessarily failing but it is indeed possible.

You should look into the mechanics behind the trigger mech works. Here's a quick overview:

The second sear (the short one sticking up near the top middle) is constantly spring loaded to stay in a position that holds it at an upright 45 degree angle. Pressure from the front of this sear backwards is not supposed to give in or cause excessive movement. Pressure from the back of this sear forwards is supposed to easily give in and the sear is designed to fold under and provide a somewhat flush surface for the piston to pass over. Once the piston has passed over and you hear that *click* sound that is the sound of the sear popping back forward and keeping the piston from slamming forward and causing a misfire (remember piston is spring loaded too by your main spring). Typically this is where the operator can push the cylinder back forward and lock it in place. Next the trigger on the trigger box is pulled and the tension is released from the second sear and everything is allowed to move freely, hence the piston flies forward and displaces the air in the cylinder.