Sign in to follow this  
boastudios

making an ak dmr

so, I have been working on my ak for quite some time doing small things here and there but of course, having experience as a sniper, I would love to pick up the role as a dmr. having that said, looking around I found this http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=e...=1t:429,r:0,s:0

my goal is to make a modernized version of this, but I have one huge problem... where can I get a barrel that long?

and for the inner barrel do you think I would need a bore up kit?

so, I have been working on my ak for quite some time doing small things here and there but of course, having experience as a sniper, I would love to pick up the role as a dmr. having that said, looking around I found this http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=e...=1t:429,r:0,s:0

my goal is to make a modernized version of this, but I have one huge problem... where can I get a barrel that long?

and for the inner barrel do you think I would need a bore up kit?

You MAY be able to get the buttstock and barrel from an SVD....you may be able to buy a cheapish complete one from a boneyard on a airsoft site just an idea.

Guest alberty

You could possibly just use the JG "SVD" AEG and trim it down where needed. Other options would be hollowing out a standard stock and finding something else as a long outer barrel / extension.

Yes for a longer barrel than your base gun is set up for, you will need a different cylinder or a bore-up kit. Depends on how long.

People who imitate this model usually buy an RPK like this: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=9989

Remove the Bipod, Add a scope mount

The switch to an SVD stock which you could buy fom someone parting and svd out or buy a wood stock kit.

The real weapon is called a Tubak Sniper and is actually made from an RPK

Edited by NemesisZero

I like the RPK idea. It gives the proper length for a DMR. The RPK already has a side scope mount. The only issue I can see is that the bipod looks like it isn't meant to be removed. According to some websites, the Echo 1 RPK, which I'm sure is the CYMA052 with E1 trades, the front sights needs to be removed in order to remove the bipod. Another option is the dragunov. A lot of the dragunovs on the market are bolt actions, but a couple are aegs.