Creation

Rigs Vs. PC. Vs. Battle Belts

Hey guys, I have been looking recently for a load out option. I used to have a chest rig, and I felt that it bounced way to much, But it was also a few years ago, and I probably didn't have it on right or something. I feel like a PC is a little ridiculous price wise and also in bulkiness, It would be nice, but I feel as if its a bit overkill. I have been looking at battle belts, and I just feel as if that would be the way to go, but Not sure what kind to get or anything else.

Info:

I like to move around when I play, Not just camp.

Play 100% woodlands, and possibly starting to play CQB sometime soon.

I use an M4, with mid caps, and I play conservative with my shots.

I don't find it useful to carry anything that I wont use, such as a bottle of water, or a bottle of BB's, I mainly just carry a few mags, and a 9.6v 1000mah battery, just in case mine battery goes out in game.

I plan on buying a pistol sometime soon, so must be able to hold a drop leg or something for it.

Hey guys, I have been looking recently for a load out option. I used to have a chest rig, and I felt that it bounced way to much, But it was also a few years ago, and I probably didn't have it on right or something. I feel like a PC is a little ridiculous price wise and also in bulkiness, It would be nice, but I feel as if its a bit overkill. I have been looking at battle belts, and I just feel as if that would be the way to go, but Not sure what kind to get or anything else.

Info:

I don't find it useful to carry anything that I wont use, such as a bottle of water, or a bottle of BB's, I mainly just carry a few mags, and a 9.6v 1000mah battery, just in case mine battery goes out in game.

I plan on buying a pistol sometime soon, so must be able to hold a drop leg or something for it.

Id say go with the battle belt for CQB cause of its lightweight and manuverability and it you wear a PC indoors yo may get kinda hot runnin around with it on, but for outdoors go with a lightweight plate carrier, doesnt have to be incredibly expensive just something that suits ur play style, theres alot of options but I believe that both can accomidate for your carry specs and both can use a holster should you purchase one in the future.

+1 for alice, its nice and pretty much as light as it gets. plus most gear makes it hard to go prone but you can with alice stuff no problem, and my last point is how cheap it is, on ebay you can pick up: Pistol Belt / 1QT Canteen and Canteen Pouch /(2) Ammo Pouches and Suspenders/ (3) Pair of Alice Keeper Clips

all for 14 bucks. and thats all you will be needing to carry according to your OP you don't carry water so the canteen pouch can be used to hold 4 AR mags thats what special forces did.

I didnt mean to make it seem like I had my mind set, I was completely open for suggestions, Just based on what I've read and looked at, it would better suit me. For the battle belt, would I need to get the H harness? Or is it pretty sturdy, while running around? And I like how plate carriers 1) Look, 2) the ease of moving stuff around, 3) the use of them, I just feel like It would limit me, or just get in the way.

I get it. You can't go prone and be comfortable (unless for a small period of time) with a PC. It will only slow you down if

1. You over pack it

2. It's a big plate carrier.

You can get a FAPC, JPC, SPC or even 6094. These are lightweight options to consider.

As for the belt, get a harness and your back will thank you. It's always best to have weight on your shoulders then on your back or waist. It will also move around less

Edited by Knighthawk

Info:

I would reccomend an RRV, they are not so bulky but have enough spots for mag pouches and stuff for a days worth of airsoft. Pantac makes a decent RRV but if money is not an issue you could always go for the real one. All I have on my RRV is mag pouches, radio pouch, and an admin pouch, just enough to carry the essentials into the field. Also sometimes I go out with a MAP pack with a hydration pack inside it when I need to carry water.

RRV is a fine compromise. I love running a chest rig for ease of use and weight. You can find very inexpensive PCs around too which I have used. I always found the battle belt to be an addition to my vest not a standalone.

RRV has the molle to change around as you see fit and keeps you lightweight and maneuverable. cost runs for dirt cheap to real deal.

Guest alberty

For me, picking gear is always a tough battle. I like the look, MOLLE estate, tightness, and coverage that a plate carrier provides you, but it contrasts the light weight, ventilation, and maneuverability of a chest rig or battle belt + harness setup.

Since you play mostly outdoors, I would highly suggest a chest rig or battle belt with harness. Outdoors, you'll want more ventilation for your body, a lighter rig for less fatigue, and more maneuverability because you're not sure what kind of places you'll be crawling through and such. That's not to say I wouldn't want all of those for CQB as well, but the coverage of a plate carrier gives you more protection for those painful up-close encounters. In an outdoor game, the ranges that you'll be getting hit at will be longer, so even the higher-FPS hits won't feel as bad as the hits in CQB do.

One thing I look for in chest rigs and battle belt/harness setups is whether or not I can integrate a hydration carrier. Although a lot of people just go for a standalone, backpack style hydration carrier, the one thing I like most about plate carriers is how they are often very snug, nothing moving or shifting and not a bunch of straps to be wearing and dealing with. So with a chest rig or battle belt/harness setup, you often don't have a back panel for MOLLE webbing (some harnesses do though).

The most common example of an integration that I am describing is the the RRV--if you find the matching hydration pack (I don't know which exactly, sometimes it's the MAP/MBSS pack), the buckles can link together, and then your rig becomes one piece. Another common example is having a chest rig with removable shoulder strap pads--people will weave the hydration backpack's shoulder straps through these strap pads, and wear the optional waist strap, which also makes the rig into one piece. I look for these because I like having a hydration carrier instead of just a canteen or water bottle.

EDIT: Yes, there are some plate carriers that have the features of being smaller, lightweight, and maneuverable such as the FAPC and Crye Jump, but I am referring to most plate carriers in general.

I recommend any LBT 1961A type rig. I find them to be comfortable, lightweight, easily adjusted, and relatively inexpensive for a pantac or flyye clone.

I've got a battle belt, vietnam era pouches, and also an H-harness, really liking it so far. Just remember, this is airsoft, not several weeks in the wilderness fending off hoards of zombies, so take what is necessary and nothing more. Although it is fun to wear tons of gear. :D

Guest alberty
I've got a battle belt, vietnam era pouches, and also an H-harness, really liking it so far. Just remember, this is airsoft, not several weeks in the wilderness fending off hoards of zombies, so take what is necessary and nothing more. Although it is fun to wear tons of gear. :D

Well, some people feel the opposite and take what could be needed at all. Things like that would include a sidearm, tools, food, water, paracord, duct tape, medical supplies, extra BBs, etc...since you wouldn't want to leave random items at respawn areas or staging areas in case they get stolen.

A chest rig, battle belt, or small plate carrier are all good options for when you're sure you don't want to carry those kinds of things with you on the field, and you still want to reduce even more weight.

For me, I am one of those people who carry things for emergencies like tools and medical supplies, so if I do get a battle belt or other minimal setup in the future, I will still be loading it up fully and yet it will still be lighter than my current plate carriers.

I am looking at the Belts heavily. It seems to be the best idea for me, I'm just getting back into airsoft, so I really don't need to go all out. I'm trying to force myself to move more, so being in the lightest gear would be a good decision. I was already thinking about a harness, plus some form of small backpack, that such as a streetbike small backpack or something like that, just incase I did need something else. Thank you guys for all your inputs, and feel free to keep going and I will read all comments.

Guest alberty

That's good, a lighter load will help you move more efficiently. What's nice about a belt/harness setup as opposed to a light chest rig is that it will let you go prone or hug walls easily, and I think the whole rig would be very quick to put on or take off.

I used to be that kid that would sit back and just try to camp. Now that I'm older, I want to be able to move around and run up and just become more of an asset to a team rather than a dead weight. And the army navy store here in town sells ALICE rigs, but they sell them piece by piece and there $12 a piece. Looking at ebay now, and there about $14 for the entire set. Definatly going that route, and Ill probably buy it tomorrow. Thank you guys for all the help.

I used to be that kid that would sit back and just try to camp. Now that I'm older, I want to be able to move around and run up and just become more of an asset to a team rather than a dead weight. And the army navy store here in town sells ALICE rigs, but they sell them piece by piece and there $12 a piece. Looking at ebay now, and there about $14 for the entire set. Definatly going that route, and Ill probably buy it tomorrow. Thank you guys for all the help.

Good choice, another good thing about alice gear is you can do load out impressions from veitnam to the gulf war and all you need is a change of BDUs

I was wearing a CIRAS that was too big for me, and I hated it and was saying how over PCs I was. I started using my M-56 kit (Vietnam) and I freaking fell in love with it.

Then, I traded the CIRAS for a new Condor MOPC, adjusted it for myself, and fell in love with that. So, it really depends on the PC, pouch placement, and proper fitting or else the PC will be the most miserable, uncomfortable piece of kit you will ever wear (except maybe bad boots).

Since you said price may be an issue, a Condor Battle belt, riggers belt, and MOLLE harness (so you can run a hydro on your back) would cost around $60 new, and an MOPC by itself will be about $65 new. After you buy either of those, you will need to buy pouches so they really aren't too far apart in cost.

EDIT: I didn't talk about ALICE because I don't run ALICE, I'm a MOLLE person giving my perspective. ALICE would be way cheaper obviously and can be just as comfortable.

Edited by ACE of SPADES11

Well, some people feel the opposite and take what could be needed at all. Things like that would include a sidearm, tools, food, water, paracord, duct tape, medical supplies, extra BBs, etc...since you wouldn't want to leave random items at respawn areas or staging areas in case they get stolen.

For me, I am one of those people who carry things for emergencies like tools and medical supplies, so if I do get a battle belt or other minimal setup in the future, I will still be loading it up fully and yet it will still be lighter than my current plate carriers.

I'm with you there, Alberty. Tools and personal medkit I gotta have just for ease of mind.

This said, are we sure about the Alice gear? My dad told me I would be crazy if I got one, as he never got along with this rig when he was in the Army.

I'm with you there, Alberty. Tools and personal medkit I gotta have just for ease of mind.

This said, are we sure about the Alice gear? My dad told me I would be crazy if I got one, as he never got along with this rig when he was in the Army.

I never like Alice gear either. the attachment is thin and can make pouches floppy, the clips can come undone easily.

Still again I say go 1961A, you cant move the pouches but they are situated perfectly for a light loadout. And the fact that the pouches don't have to attach with a clip is a plus. The rig is as thin of a stack as possible, instead of a molle rig with pouches attached.

LBT-1961ACT.JPG

I integrated a MAP pack to the back and I am ready for a whole days outing with hydration and extra bbs. Love this setup more than words.

I use a condor plate carrier, it's not one of he huge ones that engulf me and it's pretty light weight and maneuverable. I like it.

You gotta be more specific, there are a few PCs made by Condor: The Defender, Quick Release, Modular PC, Modular Operator PC, and Compact PC.

I am assuming you mean the Compact or MOPC as they are the smallest.