to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
nickster96

Need help choosing a DMR

Hey I'm new here and was wondering if someone could give me advice on what new gun to get. Im looking for a good DMR, but do not want to pay huge amounts of money to get one. I want something that is good out of the box and can take a lot of upgrades. I have found 2 guns that are to my liking, but since I am not an expert I was wondering if someone would give me some advice on which one to get, or make a suggestion of an alternative rifle.

The G&G I found here

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=5319

The JG I found here

http://www.airrattle.com/The_JG_DMR_or_Kno..._me_p/f6620.htm

I would really appreciate some help as I am stumped on what to get. As I said above

I just want a good DMR that I can upgrade and wont break the bank

Neither are DMRs in their stock form, but the G4 would probably give you better performance out of the box. how ever, since you do plan on upgrading I would get the JG and use the saved money to buy a new battery and materials to try a flat hop or a r hop. Re shim, re grease and perfect compression and you should have a pretty good rifle as far as the performance to cost ratio goes. I would do some of these mods

Neither are DMRs in their stock form, but the G4 would probably give you better performance out of the box. how ever, since you do plan on upgrading I would get the JG and use the saved money to buy a new battery and materials to try a flat hop or a r hop. Re shim, re grease and perfect compression and you should have a pretty good rifle as far as the performance to cost ratio goes. I would do some of these mods

what upgrades would you suggest?

what upgrades would you suggest?

I suggest you do some research. Just start searching for DMR and see what comes up, you may be surprised what you find and it will probably give you all the information you need about what you want to do.

lol the "these" in my last post was a link here you go again:

http://airsoftsniper.proboards.com/index.c...amp;thread=1291

making a good dmr is less about how much $$ you put in it and more about how you put it in. and yes you wont get very far at all with out research

You do know how much work and money is necessary for a good DMR right? Most DMRs are over $500, and even then you have to do some complicated tuning on them. Do more research, and see if you even want a DMR. Because DMRs/Sniper rifle roles are more appealing to some people, while usually being less effective than just a regular assault rifle.

You do know how much work and money is necessary for a good DMR right? Most DMRs are over $500, and even then you have to do some complicated tuning on them. Do more research, and see if you even want a DMR. Because DMRs/Sniper rifle roles are more appealing to some people, while usually being less effective than just a regular assault rifle.

I agree, I have played the DMR role before and it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. Think about it before you buy. :a-cool: