Sign in to follow this  
Rhino217

Mosfet issues?...

I had a bearing failed, so I bought some 8mm bushings. Thinking that this should be the last time I need to go into the GB, and a simple repair, I was wrong.

The after completing the installation of the bushings, shimming and re lubing, it went back together, fairly easily. I shot it a few times on semi. Then it locked up!

It would cycle once and shoot, then cycle and shoot again, and then cycle twice and shoot twice and because the piston was to the rear and the spring compressed. All while firing on semi. With rapid trigger pulls, it complete that cycle. (So the piston would cycle back, then forward to fire a bb. Trigger- piston would cycle back, then forward firing a bb and then cycle back and stay. Trigger again, the piston would cycle forward and fire the bb and cycle again and fire again.)

Could my timing be off with my tappet plate? There's Riot SC gears, poly piston with a rack of metal teeth and what looks to be a red JG motor.

It shot great before the bearing failed, now its just locked up GB. :a-angry:

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks.

I didn't see any mention of a MOSFET (as the title of this thread might suggest), but let me make sure I understand your problem.

-You only replaced 1 part - the bushings.

-Now you have overspin problems which leads to either a double shot or a lockup.

Is that correct?

Your problem has nothing to do with gears or mechanical timing. It's motor overspin and what sounds like a weak battery. If you have a MOSFET that fits into the equation somewhere you'll have to enlighten me. Is it an M4/M16 variant? what brand/chemistry/voltage/capacity is your battery? What spring are you running?

I didn't see any mention of a MOSFET (as the title of this thread might suggest), but let me make sure I understand your problem.

-You only replaced 1 part - the bushings.

-Now you have overspin problems which leads to either a double shot or a lockup.

Is that correct? (That is correct.)

Your problem has nothing to do with gears or mechanical timing. It's motor overspin and what sounds like a weak battery. If you have a MOSFET that fits into the equation somewhere you'll have to enlighten me. Is it an M4/M16 variant? what brand/chemistry/voltage/capacity is your battery? What spring are you running?

I completely forgot to attach a link to this thread. Here's the fet----> http://www.awsairsoft.com/stealth-v2gb

I use a G&P 9.6, 1600 or 1800mah and/or a Intellect 9.6 1800mah battery. Im pretty sure they were at half to full charge. It has an Element high speed motor (magnets seem twice as strong compared to my stock G&G motor), RiotSC Revolution gears(14.09), and SHS full metal tooth piston. It was set up for high speed.

It shot clean and crisp before, and all I changed was bearings to bushings. Shimming is spot on or very close. It spins freely, with very little to no wobble.

It use to preform like this ---->

Edit: FPS was about 370 with .2g bb.

Edited by Rhino217

I completely forgot to attach a link to this thread. Here's the fet----> http://www.awsairsoft.com/stealth-v2gb

I use a G&P 9.6, 1600 or 1800mah and/or a Intellect 9.6 1800mah battery. Im pretty sure they were at half to full charge. It has an Element high speed motor (magnets seem twice as strong compared to my stock G&G motor), RiotSC Revolution gears(14.09), and SHS full metal tooth piston. It was set up for high speed.

It shot clean and crisp before, and all I changed was bearings to bushings. Shimming is spot on or very close. It spins freely, with very little to no wobble.

It use to preform like this ---->

Edit: FPS was about 370 with .2g bb.

...so its caused by a weak battery?