to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
DHogan

[GAT] SAA Soap's Weapons Locker

Daaaaayuuuum! Lovin' the scope (or scopes) setup. And as for the teaser - MUR with a KAC URX III? Except the URX has circular vents . . . Hmmmm. And the Rainer Arms charging handle looks awesome - is that real steel? Also, by any chance, would you be interested in an M203? :a-grin:

You got the receiver right, but the RIS is probably going to be much harder to guess. It's a local SD shop that makes it. The CH is real, yes. The "secret build" is going to be absolute top quality parts, and everything that can possibly be real, will be.

Unfortunately, the M203 wouldn't hold much utility for me. Maybe one day though...

Really nice guns Soap, and I love the ATACS

And I must say I do like the WE M4 looks kinda like mine ;) (Joke intended)

Why thank you sir! It does look familiar, doesn't it? Lol...

I've moved the optic back towards the stock since it was way too far forward to provide decent eye relief. Much better looking and functioning now.

Edited by GAT SAA Soap

Hehe I totally missed the scope xD, it is indeed a little bit to far forward.

I actully wanna see you paint an EBR, (I don't think you done one right?)

It's come back quite a bit since then.

I had a teammate contract me to paint his, but he changed his mind at the last minute. One day, I'll add a Mk14 EBR to my collection, but that's a ways off...

Holy hell... I finally have two fully operational and entirely different upper receivers! Both are fitted with REAPS hop up buckings that I've done several mods to to make them more efficient and functional. Pics kinda suck, but you get the idea.

Thoughts?

Recon rifle

RECCE_zps325eca52.jpg

Both uppers

Receivers_zpscb3015cf.jpg

Edited by GAT SAA Soap

No, the Banshee is much, much smaller. I'm getting one in MC for a future loadout.

After an hour or so of replying to posts and lamenting how much I hate the fat black suppressor on there, I made this. It's a mock heat-shield for my suppressor since I didn't want to go to the trouble of painting it. It's modeled after the TAB Suppressor Anti-Mirrage Shield (SAS), which is designed to "... prevent mirage from obscuring your site picture after multiple shots. Eliminating mirage is accomplished by the use of insulating materials - your can heats up, but the SAS stays cool. The outer shell of the the TAB SAS will not heat up so your equipment and person will not become damaged with accidental or intentional contact." Apparently it also helps reduce heat signature when viewed through IR goggles.

Anyways, here's the completed gun!

RECCEwithsuppressorcover_zpsd74aa494.jpg

suppressorcover_zps81fed60a.jpg

Edited by GAT SAA Soap

From my other thread:

Ahh, much better. I was about to mention the suppressor in the other post, but didn't want to poo-poo such an excellent set-up.

That heat shield really looks ace and seems like an easy fix. Where'd you get it, or how did you make it?

The heat shield is home made. I was looking at the suppressor, debating when and if I really wanted to paint it since it's so goddamn pretty, when I remembered seeing the heat shield ages ago while contemplating sniper builds. It's the product of a sh*tty Condor dump pouch, velcro, and a bit of creative cutting and folding. Turned out pretty nicely for a 20 minute job! I need to add a few stitches through the velcro to secure it, but it's holding well for now.

If anyone wants one, I'll make it for a reasonable price provided I can get the camo pattern you want in small quantities.

I'm pretty pleased with the way this came out. I have a short list of future mods I want to do, but they're all well over $100 each bit, so they'll wait until things start to fall apart. I guess I can move on to a new gun now! Jesus... That's a strange feeling...

That WE is gorgeous, man. It only makes me wish my WE SCAR ran better than it did. I'd get back into GBBR's, but my luck with guns in general has been on the low end lately.

Oh well, pity party over; awesome paint and setup, especially the mid-length one. ATACS on the gun and your kit syncs beautifully.

Sweet Recon rifle. What scope are you using on it, and would you have a link to it by chance?

Thanks mate! It's a Tasco 2-8x32 scope. It looks like it's been discontinued though. I believe it's part of their "World Class" line, and I've added a sunshade to the end.

That WE is gorgeous, man. It only makes me wish my WE SCAR ran better than it did. I'd get back into GBBR's, but my luck with guns in general has been on the low end lately.

Oh well, pity party over; awesome paint and setup, especially the mid-length one. ATACS on the gun and your kit syncs beautifully.

Sorry to hear about the bad luck! Link me to your thread. Let's discuss - my buddy's got a SCAR so I may be able to help.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!

I never get enough of your loadout/guns. Ever.

Nor can I ever get enough of your stuff for sale! I think you've contributed a good 30%+ to this build if not more.

So I took the gun out today and ran it through its paces. I'm hitting 240' with 0.30g BBs and a REAPS bucking. Chronos at 440 FPS with 0.20g, so maybe that's normal? I'm not happy though... Back to the drawing board for more R&D...

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!

Nor can I ever get enough of your stuff for sale! I think you've contributed a good 30%+ to this build if not more.

So I took the gun out today and ran it through its paces. I'm hitting 240' with 0.30g BBs and a REAPS bucking. Chronos at 440 FPS with 0.20g, so maybe that's normal? I'm not happy though... Back to the drawing board for more R&D...

Well good luck soap and why aren't you happy with it and it sounds awesome with that tange have you got a grouping yet

Well good luck soap and why aren't you happy with it and it sounds awesome with that tange have you got a grouping yet

The range is generally acceptable I suppose, but with the amount of time, blood, sweat, and energy (no tears on this one lol) I've put in, I wanted to get over 320' accurately out of it.

The grouping is absolutely abysmal. It'll reach out to 230' or so, but on the way there the BBs do this slight curving thing off to the right or basically over-hop, flip over, and dive to the ground.

I'm going to troubleshoot by doing the following and then re-tune at the next event:

- Adjust NPAS to full power (this may result in being over field limits, so I'll tune to meet that criteria. I should probably just buy another bolt)

- Polish the entirety of the inner barrel so it shines with a mirror finish

- Adjust the aluminum hop-up "even pressure enhancement" I designed

-> Test. If results are still unsatisfactory, I'll step up to heavier BBs and repeat tests.

If all this fails to achieve the results I want (350' effective range, with a 1' grouping at max. range), then it'll be time to step back and re-evaluate all the parts I'm using.

If you figure out the best internal parts to use for your 300'+ range, let me know. I just started on my WA (Sorry, didn't run with the WE! haha) and am currently in the process of slapping a 12" Noveske (OR KAC URXIII) on it and grabbing a 14" outer barrel.

I just need to know the proper internals to put in it for best results for long range. Let me know if you come up with anything.

:a-grin:

The range is generally acceptable I suppose, but with the amount of time, blood, sweat, and energy (no tears on this one lol) I've put in, I wanted to get over 320' accurately out of it.

The grouping is absolutely abysmal. It'll reach out to 230' or so, but on the way there the BBs do this slight curving thing off to the right or basically over-hop, flip over, and dive to the ground.

I'm going to troubleshoot by doing the following and then re-tune at the next event:

- Adjust NPAS to full power (this may result in being over field limits, so I'll tune to meet that criteria. I should probably just buy another bolt)

- Polish the entirety of the inner barrel so it shines with a mirror finish

- Adjust the aluminum hop-up "even pressure enhancement" I designed

-> Test. If results are still unsatisfactory, I'll step up to heavier BBs and repeat tests.

If all this fails to achieve the results I want (350' effective range, with a 1' grouping at max. range), then it'll be time to step back and re-evaluate all the parts I'm using.

Sorry your not getting what you want out of it.Well it sounds good what you want. idk if you have this but ive heard the firefly hop-up buckings for we's are one of the best. And im sure that you've adjusted the hop-up like crazy. Then also im not sure what inner barrel ur using but im pretty sure you can get a Prometheus inner barrel for those that is 6.01 or 6.00 so I would think that would help depending on what you've already got in there. Hope this helps :a-grin:

Sorry your not getting what you want out of it.Well it sounds good what you want. idk if you have this but ive heard the firefly hop-up buckings for we's are one of the best. And im sure that you've adjusted the hop-up like crazy. Then also im not sure what inner barrel ur using but im pretty sure you can get a Prometheus inner barrel for those that is 6.01 or 6.00 so I would think that would help depending on what you've already got in there. Hope this helps :a-grin:

Two things:

1. Prometheus does not make a barrel tighter than 6.03

2. 6.03 is generally the tightest you would ever want to go with standard spec 6mm BBs.

<AT>Soap

The REAPS bucking is definitely not cutting it for those kind performance goals. Many people, including myself, consider it quite the joke. If you are serious about hitting 1' grouping at 350 feet, you will need to look into milling out your hop up window and installing ER-hop up with EM nub. This will prove difficult though because you have a GBBR. Not impossible though.

To achieve the 1' grouping at that distance you will also need to ensure that the FPS is consistent as possible. If the FPS fluctuates, the vertical grouping will suffer due to a varying hop up effect. For typical DM rifles this usually means keeping it all with ±1 or 2 fps. Again, this will be difficult in GBBR without externally regulated air.

Edited by unlimitedRA1N

Two things:

1. Prometheus does not make a barrel tighter than 6.03

2. 6.03 is generally the tightest you would ever want to go with standard spec 6mm BBs.

<AT>Soap

The REAPS bucking is definitely not cutting it for those kind performance goals. Many people, including myself, consider it quite the joke. If you are serious about hitting 1' grouping at 350 feet, you will need to look into milling out your hop up window and installing ER-hop up with EM nub. This will prove difficult though because you have a GBBR. Not impossible though.

To achieve the 1' grouping at that distance you will also need to ensure that the FPS is consistent as possible. If the FPS fluctuates, the vertical grouping will suffer due to a varying hop up effect. For typical DM rifles this usually means keeping it all with ±1 or 2 fps. Again, this will be difficult in GBBR without externally regulated air.

Sound like good info and yeah I figured out prommy doesnt make 6.01mm well you could go with the PDI 6.01mm or the RA-tech 6.01mm for your rifle. And the ER hop sound good as well :a-wink:

Just picked up a WE G39C with 2 mags for under $100. It needs a little work, but it's nothing that $40 can't fix. I've got a big project planned with it, but it's second in line to my DEVTAC battle rifle build. If you're not sure what that is, click the link in my sig.

Just picked up a WE G39C with 2 mags for under $100. It needs a little work, but it's nothing that $40 can't fix. I've got a big project planned with it, but it's second in line to my DEVTAC battle rifle build. If you're not sure what that is, click the link in my sig.

Soap, your sig isn't showing.

Edit: Disregard. My sig isn't showing. Maybe it's my settings.

Edited by WTF?Shane

heck, all your builds make me want to build something similar :a-laugh:

Thanks mate!

I'm impatient, so pics. I decided to go for a "proper" Mk18 impression. This is what happened...

Mock-up of all the parts together before building and paint.

Mk18_zps694fc94f.jpg

Painting the bits.

Mk18paint_zps1439f808.jpg

Post-paint unsuppressed.

Mk182_zps566532ed.jpg

Suppressed.

Mk183_zps72b247b0.jpg

Finished product with the Noveske Diplomat.

DiplomatampMk18_zps40c256ee.jpg

Detail pics.

IMG_6008_zps72695d3a.jpg

IMG_6009_zps9fa4528b.jpg

Specs

Base gun: None. This was built from scratch, although it's built using the WE GBBR platform (shock, I know!)

Externals:

• Madbull Daniel Defense RIS II 9.5"
  • Madbull Daniel Defense 10.3" Mk18 AEG barrel (modded for WE GBB system)
  • AAC M4-2000 suppressor (Asia version, brought home from Japan in my luggage)
  • AAC 51T flash hider
  • WE Tech Colt lower
  • Magpul PTS MOE trigger guard
  • Magpul USA MOE+ pistol grip
  • DPMS safety selector detent pin and spring
  • DPMS takedown detent pin and spring
  • Noveske rear takedown pin
  • Elcan Spectre DR (4x fixed, replica)
  • KAC front and rear BUIS (replica)
  • Magpul USA AFG
  • Pro&T PEQ-15 (non-functional. Needs soldering to get working again)
  • LMT Crane stock (replica)

Internals:

• Factory WE open bolt trigger assembly
  • Factory WE bolt carrier group
  • Factory WE buffer spring
  • Parallax Tactical H2 buffer
  • RA-Tech "clear" hop up bucking
  • Factory WE inner barrel (cut to length, polished, and crowned)

Woah. That is one fine Glock. FDE Ranger plates for the mags perhaps?

You're on the right track. Plans are as follows:

Externally:

- Shooter's Design +2 extended baseplates

- Guarder competition thumb rest/ grip enhancer (makes grip angle more like my Sigs)

- Threaded outer barrel with thread protector

- Stipple frame and undercut trigger guard

- GunsModify Tritium night sights (replace current green Guarder night sights)

Internally:

- GunsModify lightweight BBU

- GunsModify V3 SAI trigger

- GunsModify Zero hammer

- Guarder enhanced loading nozzle

Finish:

- Magazine baseplates and thumb rest will be dipped in Multicam

- All other items will remain same color

- Grip tape will be removed following stippling

:a-shocked: That's just so . . . perfect.

Haha I aim to please...

Another pic of the Glock in its current state. I need to decide on a name. I'm thinking it needs to be COD related...

TF141Glock17_zpscd7441b0.jpg

I also recently completed this Tokyo Marui x Guarder P226R. I call her "Erika."

Specs: Tokyo Marui P226 base

- Guarder frame

- Guarder outer barrel

- Guarder slide

- Guarder steel hammer

- Guarder steel E2 trigger

- Guarder steel E2 mag release

- Guarder 150% recoil and hammer springs

- Guarder 6.02mm Black Edition inner barrel

- Nine Ball hop up bucking

- Nine Ball magazine gas route buckings

- Wii steel recoil rod

- Stock loading nozzle

- Element P226 small springs kit

Extras:

- Surefire X300 weapon light (repro)

- Camoform tape for enhanced grip

- Floperator rubber band for rapid grip indexing (ITS Riggers Band)

SigP226_zps895e72b0.jpg

Edit: almost forgot about these! I scored a few more MSK mags for my "Ultimate WE Build" and added the MagSkins to them. The pattern is scaled down, but they look ok. It's almost done...

MCMagskins_zpsa21640fb.jpg

Edited by GAT SAA Soap

So the "ultimate WE build" is 95% done, but the guys that did my hydrodip totally f**ked up my parts. The quality is horrible, and there's hydrodip INSIDE the upper. They just caked on the primer paint too, so the receivers don't mate properly and the bolt is locked in the upper when I put them together. At least it looks good from 10', even if it's non-functional.

CarRH_zps0efa759e.jpg

Erika in action:

Enteringroom_zpsf96c5c0b.jpg