Sign in to follow this  
airborne101

Helmets with Rhino mounts

Alright gearwhores, I need some help.

I am in the market for a helmet. Currently I am debating between the KA IBH, MICH 2001, or possibly a MICH 2000.

But, my concern isn't helmet style. It's mounting Rhino arms to them. I see that the IBH has a different NVG mount that then MICH's do, and therefore made the assumption that they require a different kind of connector. I have been doing a little research and came across 2 different Rhino arms on EHA.

This one appears to clip under the lip of the front of the helmet, as well as the strap that holds it to the back. Is that correct? I assume that this is for helmets that don't have NVG mounts.

I then saw this one. The problem is that I am not sure how this one connects to the mount.

My question is, which Rhino arm do I use for which mount on the helmet, and if I still don't have the right arm connector style. Which one do I need and where can I find it?

Long story short, I had this same query, here's the answer:

IBH has a wilcox mount, IBH's in general, pretty rare, only a couple hundred made. Wilcox adaptor, equally rare, have to buy the real one as there are no repros, occasionally on E-bay for an obscene amount.

I've heard/seen mods that adapt it, and I've also seen people take the wilcox off and put something else like a Nortos 3-hole shroud or something more generic on, which also works.

Google around for IBH/Airsoft/mount and I'm pretty sure you'll find relevant threads on other forums where people have this same problem.

Bottom line: I would not go with an IBH. I got one, and I don't want to say I regret it because I don't, but a 2000 would probably fit your bill better for every scenario, including mount compatibility.

Edited by TacticalSalamander

Alright gearwhores, I need some help.

I am in the market for a helmet. Currently I am debating between the KA IBH, MICH 2001, or possibly a MICH 2000.

But, my concern isn't helmet style. It's mounting Rhino arms to them. I see that the IBH has a different NVG mount that then MICH's do, and therefore made the assumption that they require a different kind of connector. I have been doing a little research and came across 2 different Rhino arms on EHA.

This one appears to clip under the lip of the front of the helmet, as well as the strap that holds it to the back. Is that correct? I assume that this is for helmets that don't have NVG mounts.

I then saw this one. The problem is that I am not sure how this one connects to the mount.

My question is, which Rhino arm do I use for which mount on the helmet, and if I still don't have the right arm connector style. Which one do I need and where can I find it?

The first one is the NVG arm and helmet bracket. The second one is just the NVG arm. As for the helmets, it looks like the MICH 2001 link should work with the links you've posted. Im just familiar with the ACH that was issued to me a few years back.

Ok, so the second one I linked doesn't just "clip" into the mount on the MICH? I have to have the strap and all?

As far as I know, no. We had the plate, that bolted to the helmet and then the arm would click into the plate. Last, the NVG would attach to the rhino arm. We never used any straps.

I have become more aware of that after looking through photos of helmets with Rhino's installed. Seems like the easiest option will be a MICH with the second Rhino arm I linked.

Thanks for helping me figure this out guys.