to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Airsoftkid295

What do people have against Hunting camo

Ok, so I live in the sticks, when I play airsoft it is in the woods and big open fields and such (all legally and with permission, not public land, no houses for a long way out, like I said, I live in the sticks) so I use real tree camo and green pants when I play because it been proven that digital camo sucks at blending in. I know airsoft has a big milsim portion to it but if it works it works right?

Airsoft's not really "about" Milsim, although for a lot of people that's a large part of it. Based on this I would venture to say that nobody "has anything against" hunting camo. I agree, in wooded environs its a boatload more effective than grey digital.

Airsoft is really about what loadout toots your horn and gets you kills, so if hunting pattern or spongebob pattern, or whatever grabs your eye, go for it. Nobodies going to tell you you can't.

Airsoft's not really "about" Milsim, although for a lot of people that's a large part of it. Based on this I would venture to say that nobody "has anything against" hunting camo. I agree, in wooded environs its a boatload more effective than grey digital.

Airsoft is really about what loadout toots your horn and gets you kills, so if hunting pattern or spongebob pattern, or whatever grabs your eye, go for it. Nobodies going to tell you you can't.

that spongebob camo had me rollin XD but if you think about it real tree is one of the best camos, if it works for deer, why not humans?

Its mainly the milsim people that look down on people wearing hunting camos. And you said digital(acupat I assume your talking about) doesnt work good in your area, but there are other military camo's that could work for you. Multicam, Good ol' M81 camo, Marpat, Cadpat, and the list goes on. These are all good choice for green environments like forest or even fields, and would make your loadout look more legit. But really, use what you want/have and what works for you.

Guest alberty

I personally feel that hunting camo, such as RealTree, is better suited for hunting kinds of activity in which you might be moving very slowly and quietly for hours, and your targets are not, potentially, as intelligent as humans in which the hunting camo would fool the hunting prey more easily. Your objective is different too.

When it comes to military or airsoft/MilSim activities, BDUs with camouflage patterns are designed for the rougher movements and environments you will be fighting through, and the camouflage patterns have certain design features more oriented toward warfare. For example, computer-generated randomized digital patterns help break up the image (working against the enemy) against both eyesight and night vision.

So I think just a lot of people think it looks funny to be using hunting camo for airsoft when airsoft is meant to resemble combat activities more than hunting. That being said, I feel the same toward people wearing regular street clothes, like jeans, if they are not doing a PMC operator look. No, I am not saying you have to dress up military-like for airsoft either.

Actually I have seen a few pics of SEALs wearing realtree because they don't care whats cool, just what works. Gain the respect of those you play with by shooting them. They will stop :censored2: about your camo. Some people like to play dress up. I do to a point, but in the end airsofters shouldnt give you crap because you are not "legit" enough.

Actually I have seen a few pics of SEALs wearing realtree because they don't care whats cool, just what works. Gain the respect of those you play with by shooting them. They will stop :censored2: about your camo. Some people like to play dress up. I do to a point, but in the end airsofters shouldnt give you crap because you are not "legit" enough.

I was at a game sunday and was firing on a guy (wearing realtree) and he never knew I was there until I moved lol

Guest alberty

The key phrase there is "until I moved." In a very stationary position, RealTree can work pretty well. But on the move, you might want to go for a different camouflage.

alberty is right. "Hunting camouflage patterns" like real tree, mossy oak, ect. are known as "passive" patterns. They are made to be used when you are completely still, like lying on the ground or sitting in a tree stand. They look like the forest, and that's how they blend in. Just about every military camouflage pattern like multicam, MARPAT, flora, DCU, ect. are "active" patterns. There aren't actually any little grids of brown and olive drab or any stripes of black in nature, but what "active" patterns do is break up your outline and make you look less like a person and more like a smear in the background. If you move around it won't be as effective, but it will still break up your outline.

Besides the scientific point of it, people have something against hunting camo because it doesn't fit in to a milsim environment. It works, but you don't see people in Afghanistan running around with hunting camo, so it counts as "unrealistic". Outside of milsim though, there's nothing wrong with it. The hat of my ghillie suit is built from a mossy oak boonie cap, and I use real tree low-profile gloves all the time (even in milsim).

Ok, so I live in the sticks, when I play airsoft it is in the woods and big open fields and such (all legally and with permission, not public land, no houses for a long way out, like I said, I live in the sticks) so I use real tree camo and green pants when I play because it been proven that digital camo sucks at blending in. I know airsoft has a big milsim portion to it but if it works it works right?

I actually think hunting camo blends in better sometimes, but it is just more badass to have a full team wearing marpat

Guest alberty
I wear real tree pants and dang! they work great. both blending you in and keeping you warm. at my local field theres like 2 other people who wear hunting camo. I guess its personal preference but I like it.

Right, some hunting gear might be comfy since hunting is usually done as sport. Airsoft is supposed to simulate combat operations and in combat situations, protection is more valued than comfort so many people don't find BDUs and body armor comfy. Obviously you don't need BDUs and body armor for airsoft if you don't like them.

I wear hunting camo, usually RealTree, if my usual digi-BDU's are still in the wash or something like that. Hunting camo works just as well, and people quit giving me crap about not being "legit" after I finished up a day of CQB with 65 "kills" and 3 "deaths". Just play like a professional, and people won't care about your gear being professional.

Airsoft's not really "about" Milsim, although for a lot of people that's a large part of it.

I don't know what airsoft you play but I'm pretty sure there is a large amount of military simulation otherwise you'd be playing paintball or something a little less "MILSIM".

Airsoft is really about what loadout toots your horn and gets you kills,

To the first part yes, to the second part, no, I hate people who go after "kills" most airsoft I've played ( and I've played for over 10 years now) is about securing some kind of objective, not some form of death match. If you mean "makes you combat effective" then sorry translational issue on my part.

Actually I have seen a few pics of SEALs wearing realtree because they don't care whats cool, just what works.

Yep I know quite a few Team guys who use hunting patterns, but it's exactly the opposite reason you say, they think it looks cool, it also happens to work. You also have to realize a lot of guys in the Teams are hunters, so if they can get double use out of something that's more money for another hobby.

Hunting camo works just as well, and people quit giving me crap about not being "legit" after I finished up a day of CQB with 65 "kills" and 3 "deaths". Just play like a professional, and people won't care about your gear being professional.

Yes, play like a professional and no-one should care.

But playing like a professional dosen't mean remembering your K-D ratio, it means securing your objective; be it a flag, a bucket, or an EPW, taking a win and a loss with the same professional attitude, and having fun no matter what. We are after all playing a game of honor and sportsmanship, not tea bagging each other on CODMW 69. There are no leader boards, just stories for the end of the day, and most people I know will laugh if you start talking about "epic killz".

I will have to say some of the best times I've had playing airsoft were also the times when I fired the least rounds down range. Going prone in 2 feet of swamp water in Jan just so an enemy patrol dosen't see you as they pass feet away from you is pretty exhilarating, especially as you use their carelessness against them.

Edited by frogfish

Honestly, if you take your loadout seriously in airsoft, you might as well put flames on your car to make it faster.

It doesn't matter what you look like, what you use, what you wear, as long as it works. MP.net sh*ts on airsofters for obsessing over gear, and IMHO, they're 100% right. So if hunting camo is what makes you harder to spot, then use it. Those who mock you will just have to answer to the BTDT's in real life.

But also, make sure it's good hunting camo. Not some cheap walmart type lol

In my opinion 90% of the regular posters on MP.net are 100% full of :pain:. Most people there are extremely unprofessional and are clueless, but that is besides the point.

Here are some pics of hunting camo being used down range. Most of these guys are SEALs. They arent using it because its operationally effective necessarily. A lot of SEALs are also hunters on their spare time, so that is why they having hunting camo. And if it is suitable down range and they don't need to buy a new jacket/hand warmer/whatever they are killing two birds with one stone. Plus they think it looks cool (according to a member of a different forum who has asked them about it).

DEVGRU2011.jpg

RIP

Devgrufreefall.jpg

NavySEALRIP.jpg

RIP

NavySEALsinhelo.jpg

RIP

NavySEALs2011.jpg

SEAL2011.jpg

gs17.jpg

(hunting camo hand warmer)

Edited by Hitman 92

In my opinion 90% of the regular posters on MP.net are 100% full of :pain:. Most people there are extremely unprofessional and are clueless, but that is besides the point.

Here are some pics of hunting camo being used down range. Most of these guys are SEALs. They arent using it because its operationally effective necessarily. A lot of SEALs are also hunters on their spare time, so that is why they having hunting camo. And if it is suitable down range and they don't need to buy a new jacket/hand warmer/whatever they are killing two birds with one stone. Plus they think it looks cool (according to a member of a different forum who has asked them about it).

That is true. I've met many BTDT's that don't waste their lives surfing a forum. But, looking upon everything, some people do take airsoft way too seriously.

Also, great find, nice pictures. Never thought they would exist.

Edited by ODA417