to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
TuckYou91

Upgrade or new gun?

Currently, I have 2 guns. An ECHO1 AK-47 PCW and I believe and ECHO1 M4. I got these guns a while back and my friends and I played a lot for a while but then we stopped. We are playing again and all of their guns are upgraded in almost every aspect and I would like to do some hefty upgrading. Unless, you think I should just start over which I would really prefer not doing.

On my AK, I have an upgraded spring and on my M4, nothing is upgraded.

I am looking more towards upgrading my AK because I use it for longer distance, but I would like to do a few small things to my M4.

So, I am asking all of you what should I upgrade. If you could, give me a link and remember I'm not rich. Also, don't leave out small upgrades.

What exactly are you looking to improve? Muzzle velocity? Cycling rate and trigger response? Accuracy and consistency? All of the above?

This is a great place to start. Doing DIY mods will get you some noticeable improvement and lengthen the lifespan of your guns before you have to start replacing things.

Edited by Cardboard Box

What exactly are you looking to improve? Muzzle velocity? Cycling rate and trigger response? Accuracy and consistency? All of the above?

This is a great place to start. Doing DIY mods will get you some noticeable improvement and lengthen the lifespan of your guns before you have to start replacing things.

Like an all of the above. I will check out the link you gave me, thanks.

Like an all of the above. I will check out the link you gave me, thanks.

If you don't have that much money, then all those upgrades don't seem realistic. I would go with the good o'l decent ROF and Accuracy combo. Don't really know why you would want a gun to shoot 400 fps, when you tone down the muzzle velocity it will make your gun last a lot longer, especially for you since you would want your gun to last a while without having to repair it. For you I would just get a 9.6 battery for decent ROF, and .25 gram bbs for accuaracy. That's not considered upgrades necessarily, but these changes are things you will notice for sure. All that talk about getting M130 springs, new pistons, buckings, tightbores, etc, will add up considerably. Not to mention since you don't know how to open up a gearbox(assumption), the suggestions that we can give you about part upgrades are expensive and obsolete. A new 9.6 around 20 bucks, a bag of 5000 .25(or .28) at the cheapest 12 bucks: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=9709

the other route would consist of

firefly bucking or similar 5-10 bucks

decent tightbore 30 bucks

new motor 60 bucks

new m120 spring 10 bucks

new wiring 6 bucks

mosfets depends, but kinda pricy

deans conncetors, you would need them to be soddered on by someone else(unless you know how to) labor cost 10 bucsk

it all adds up and basically equals a new gun.

Eh, I'd say that list is accurate for the most part, although a good motor can be had for $30. This build can probably be done for less than $100. As long as he (the OP) isn't running a LiPo or going for a build with a large draw, a MOSFET isn't absolutely necessary.

If you don't have that much money, then all those upgrades don't seem realistic. I would go with the good o'l decent ROF and Accuracy combo. Don't really know why you would want a gun to shoot 400 fps, when you tone down the muzzle velocity it will make your gun last a lot longer, especially for you since you would want your gun to last a while without having to repair it. For you I would just get a 9.6 battery for decent ROF, and .25 gram bbs for accuaracy. That's not considered upgrades necessarily, but these changes are things you will notice for sure. All that talk about getting M130 springs, new pistons, buckings, tightbores, etc, will add up considerably. Not to mention since you don't know how to open up a gearbox(assumption), the suggestions that we can give you about part upgrades are expensive and obsolete. A new 9.6 around 20 bucks, a bag of 5000 .25(or .28) at the cheapest 12 bucks: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=9709

the other route would consist of

firefly bucking or similar 5-10 bucks

decent tightbore 30 bucks

new motor 60 bucks

new m120 spring 10 bucks

new wiring 6 bucks

mosfets depends, but kinda pricy

deans conncetors, you would need them to be soddered on by someone else(unless you know how to) labor cost 10 bucsk

it all adds up and basically equals a new gun.

well I usally like 400+fps set ups because I play on a heavily wooded area and if you don't a m130 in there you have problems with hits being called...

well I usally like 400+fps set ups because I play on a heavily wooded area and if you don't a m130 in there you have problems with hits being called...

400 fps should be sufficient in people calling hits, even if they don't feel it, you can usually hear it. If he's playing backyard with friends, then he can have whatever fps he wants. If he plans on ever stepping foot on a public field. 400 fps is the limit, not to mention the havoc a m130 would cause in a stock ACM gun.