to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Airsoftkid295

Very Weird Problem

ok so I just put a JG m130 gearbox in my m16. Now it is a stock barrel and .25 bbs, I had been playing in the woods (all legal, not public, private and no houses around, completely safe) and all of my bbs kept jumping at around 75-100 feet and this was with the hop up adjusted! so I went to crono it at a game sunday and it was showing 338 fps with the .25 bbs! now correct me if I'm wrong but shouldnt a m130 be pushing 400plus with .25's? Now I bought the gb used but the guy said he never shot it. So it is possible that the spring wasn't a m130. so my question is, why would my "m130" be making my .25 bbs jump at such a short range, is 338 normal on a m130, and would a new bucking fix my jumping problem or should I get a whole new hop up? thanks!

Can you define "jump"? That really gives us nothing to go on.

A M130 spring will put out right about 425fps with .20g bbs. That means with .25g, you should see about 380fps. I would guess that you have air leaks in the compression system that you need t seal up.

Can you define "jump"? That really gives us nothing to go on.

A M130 spring will put out right about 425fps with .20g bbs. That means with .25g, you should see about 380fps. I would guess that you have air leaks in the compression system that you need t seal up.

when it gets to about 75-100 feet it goes up, which sucks because it flies right over my enemies heads :a-angry:

Normally an M130 will do about 380fps with .25's.

Back up a minute and tell us where the problem began... was the gun operating normally and the only thing you changed was the GB? Did you change anything with the barrel or hopup?

As for your chrono reading - was it consistently reading 338fps? What's the margin there? Over a series of at least 10 shots, what were the chrono readings?

I'm not sure what you mean by "jumping around at [such short distance]. . . . with the hop up adjusted"

To me, Hop up adjusted means you start with no hopup, then slowly add hop until you get a straight, even trajectory. Do you mean that no matter your hop adjustment, it always overhops?

Sometimes getting oil inside the bucking will screw with your hop, and if you're having to over-compensate your hop adjustment because of the oil, it could affect your muzzle velocity. But, there could be a number of thigns going on here, so fill us in on the details and maybe we can help further.

Normally an M130 will do about 380fps with .25's.

Back up a minute and tell us where the problem began... was the gun operating normally and the only thing you changed was the GB? Did you change anything with the barrel or hopup?

As for your chrono reading - was it consistently reading 338fps? What's the margin there? Over a series of at least 10 shots, what were the chrono readings?

I'm not sure what you mean by "jumping around at [such short distance]. . . . with the hop up adjusted"

To me, Hop up adjusted means you start with no hopup, then slowly add hop until you get a straight, even trajectory. Do you mean that no matter your hop adjustment, it always overhops?

Sometimes getting oil inside the bucking will screw with your hop, and if you're having to over-compensate your hop adjustment because of the oil, it could affect your muzzle velocity. But, there could be a number of thigns going on here, so fill us in on the details and maybe we can help further.

well I put a new motor in, but for the barrel, it is still stock and the hop up came with my body, the rubber inside is a a random black one (I know that was helpful...) but there could be to much grease, I took five shots it it was +- 2-5fps at crono

I suggest you clean the inner barrel and hop up.

Then check and ensure that there are no leaks in nozzle to hop up.

Chrono it again and should you find no changes on the reading, then culprit (leaks) must be in the GB (compression issues).

This is if the spring is really an M130.

a new motor will not effect Fps or accuracy at all

try turning the hop up all the way off that should stop the over spin it sounds like you're getting.