Sign in to follow this  
rivo3622

KJW M700 range problem

It was in my room(usually around 80-90 degrees Fahrenheit) and I grabbed it after work to test it out with a full mag of gas that I just bought and noticed that I might have issues with the hopup? not quite sure so thought I might as well ask the masters.

If the hopup is all the way down, the BBs don't feed in correctly and I get a jam. If its just right, a BB wont fly any further then maybe 80feet o.O now is this a common thing or should I be getting better range with a stock rifle. I am using .4g BBs in it.

I also notice double feeding occurring every so often with the hopup screwed down almost max.

any guidance on my issue? anyone had a common problem? this is also a used gun(got it from SHWELL) I have opened it up and noticed there are spacers for the barrel for consistency(paper and electrical tape).

EDIT:

Just tested with .2g bb's and got around 100ft in range.

EDIT2:

another thing, as far as velocity, the .4 and .2 seemed to be the same speed in comparison when firing, is there a way to increase the gas it expels for the shot? I realize this would be increasing the usage of gas, but anything for ranges longer then I can spit.

Edited by EbilJackal

You need a new striker spring, as well as a new http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6428

It replaces the impact plate on the back of your magazine, which over time, wears down. You'll notice its metal color by now.

When I had my kjw m700 way back 2 years ago, before I rebought another one, I also had the problem that you are having. When I would put the hopup all the way on, it would jam. This is probably because the kjw hopup adjuster is too long, or the nub is missing, or its protruding down too much. You're main focus though, should be on the air rig, which should solve 40 percent of your problems. Then focus on getting a new hopup rubber, preferrably a nineball or king arms.

wouldnt buying a new mag also fix this issue?

The only advantage of a new mag, would be a less worn down impact plate on the back of the mag. If you get that g&g magazine upgrade set, you're mag should be as good as new.

another question lol I replaced the striker spring with a upgraded G&G one, now my gun doesnt fire at all xD im guessing only the Knock Arm & Plunge Set would complete it and make it functional again?

Does it fire at all, like does it make a sound when you pull the trigger? You can peek into your magwell and see if the little valve knocker goes when you pull the trigger. other than that, you should definately replace the back of your mag. Since you upgraded the striker spring, you will eventually have to upgrade the cocking piece since the stronger striker spring will put wear on the current cocking piece.