to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
billison

Dear Tech's!

Ok, so I've been doing a bit of work on airsoft guns locally. The question I have is. In your opinion, when is it safe to send a gun out after a repair or upgrade?

To explain, I've personally tried to always put at least 2 full high caps through a gun before I send a gun out, I've heard of other techs saying 100 rounds is enough to say it's good, I've also personally seen techs fire a gun about 5 times hand it off, take the money and go.

I'm just trying to make sure I need high standards. thanks guys.

Please post rather you work on guns or not and if so if you work on other peoples guns, and if you don't mind your age.. thanks guys!!!!!!!!

Ok, so I've been doing a bit of work on airsoft guns locally. The question I have is. In your opinion, when is it safe to send a gun out after a repair or upgrade?

To explain, I've personally tried to always put at least 2 full high caps through a gun before I send a gun out, I've heard of other techs saying 100 rounds is enough to say it's good, I've also personally seen techs fire a gun about 5 times hand it off, take the money and go.

Please post rather you work on guns or not and if so if you work on other peoples guns, and if you don't mind your age.. thanks guys!!!!!!!!

wait you have to test the gun????? really though, one or two mid caps would prob be good

I do tech work locally, and honestly if you are a good enough tech. You can send it out with a couple mags fired. I use midcaps most of the time, but might break out a high cap here and there. I have sent some guns back with no mags fired, and I still have not heard anything bad to this date.

When I was younger and less experienced, I would do a job and just give the gun back as long as it dry fired. It never bit me in the butt, thank goodness, but I quickly realized that it's just a bad, bad idea.

To be honest, it depends a lot on the gun, the build, and your own faith in your abilities. For example, what's the point in going through 1k rounds on a gun that you only replaced the spring? But at the same time, 1k rounds is nothing in a gun shooting 50rps+

As for anything hop up related, yes, I test every gun. I make sure that it fires accurately and properly, there's always that chance that a perfect looking hop up will be completely horrible when you actually try to shoot the gun.

It's impossible to check for every possible failure, I simply try to eliminate the lemons, or possible failures that I've overlooked or didn't expect.

As for your last question, it clearly states on my profile, that I am 20 years old.

I do tech work locally for an indoor airsoft field. The amount of rounds fired through it usually depends on the work I am doing to it. For something like a simple spring change I will only dry fire it a few dozen times then take it to the chrono to make sure it's shooting the desired fps of the customer. For a complete build I am a little bit more thorough when testing it. Usually once the gun is complete I will put the battery intended for use on the gun and dry fire it on full auto for 5 - 10 seconds continuously, after which I will re open the gun and check for any signs of wear. If it looks good it goes back together, I put a high cap through it to make sure the mags can keep up with the rof and make sure it's shooting good, chrono it for rps and fps, and give it back to the customer.

Not sure what age has to do with it, but I'm 22..

I'm 25, do local work, and I'm with Star_Folder, it depends on the job. If I'm doing a really strenuous build (high speed) I'll test more than with a spring upgrade (several high caps), and with an R-hop/Flat hop I just make sure it shoots the way it's supposed to (FPS/range/accuracy).

For me, gearbox work usually results in somewhere between 300-500 rounds, both live as well as dry fired through the gun. This includes both semi and full auto. This also includes opening it after firing it a bit to check for wear. It ends with me firing 10 rounds through a chrono, averaging them, and checking the deviation from the average so ensure that the +- of the velocity is 5fps or less.

When I am doing strictly hop up work, such as the R-hop, I only fire as many rounds as I need to to check that everything is tunes/fit properly and that the bb flight/range/accuracy is consistent.

I am 22 as well.