to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Star_folder

Winter Build Off 2012 Discussion Thread.

I just have to find the time to do videos, pictures, testing, and the writeup. I have 1 AEG finished.

Second AEG is finished as soon as I get the rail covers.

Preview: 30 BB's a second on a full stroke piston shooting <AT> 367 FPS. It's also the first ever AEG I've done the internal work on.

Edited by fcma172

Come on guys! Enter your builds! We started off good! Let's keep it going! The entries so far look GREAT!

I agree completely. Anything that you think is good. A little work goes a long way. With the number of submissions we have now, 80% of the people will leave with some sort of award. That isn't even a competition.

Debating posting my WE M4... I think I want to get the barrel fitted and accessories on there before I do. Anyone wanna help me source some MBUS sights that actually work but don't cost an arm and a leg?

Thought about T-tiger? Sure theyre clones but they work just as well and can look really good with some clean up. Still look good anyways.

I should have my KAC-esque pistol up in the next five days or so. Just painted the thing and will try to get footage of it shooting and being chronographed (assuming my local CQB field will be open today since the owner was in the hospital recently).

My Thompson Light Rifle should be ready by the deadline. It keeps having cool-down issues from rapid follow-up shots (hopefully the disposable hand-warmers I bought will remedy that for actual skirmishing).

Well then, just a few short days away until spring, and this competition comes to a close. You'll have the weekend to finish posting stuff up, and then the event will be closed.

Edited by Star_folder

Short/Stack, I had a question about your entry

How is the base gun a CA? I don't understand that bit of info? Gearbox is P*, body is G&P, and the Rail is Madbull...This is for clarity. Thanks.

Well then, just a few short days away until spring, and this competition comes to a close. You'll have the weekend to finish posting stuff up, and then the event will be closed.

I thought we had until Tuesday night, the 20th?

Either way I got one of my two builds in. Might get the second one in, or just wait until the next build off.

I thought we had until Tuesday night, the 20th?

Either way I got one of my two builds in. Might get the second one in, or just wait until the next build off.

Yeah, me too.... I've been too addicted to Mass Effect 3 to take pictures of my entry and finally host them and post them, and I'm about to right now but should I even bother? Will it not be entered and just be a hassle to deal with? :a-skeptical:

NVM, the entries thread says if it isn't lock it's OK to post in.

Edited by ACE of SPADES11

Lol, I didn't say a specific date in that earlier post. The contest is still ending tomorrow night at roughly midnight EST, so that's, what, about 9 or 10 PM for you PST fellas. Perhaps I'll just lock it when I wake up on the 21st. Anyway, the rule stands, if the thread is locked, then the competition is closed.

Once I've closed the thread, I'll say so here. This thread will remain open. I'll then PM all the judges with instructions, and once they have all responded, I'll post the results both here, and in the Entries thread.

And then we'll be done, just in time to start a summer build off. lol.

So, basically 24 hours to go.

Closed, I'll send out the info to the judges tomorrow. Good Luck Everyone. There's always the Summer Build Off.

Judging Info has been sent out. Have fun Judges.

Edited by Star_folder

Okay, thanks for the info. Everyone submitted something pretty neat this time. The one thing I would like to say is that for some of the posts, picture quality wasn't too good. My word of advice, don't use a camera phone for pictures. Even just finding an old digital camera is usually better than using the camera on your phone. They don't build them to work well, they just build them to work.

Short/Stack, I had a question about your entry

How is the base gun a CA? I don't understand that bit of info? Gearbox is P*, body is G&P, and the Rail is Madbull...This is for clarity. Thanks.

The base gun is a classic army. I think the buffer tube, the outer barrel, and some pins and screws are still CA.

Alright, 8 judges have responded, still need those last two. So far, this has been the best year yet. I usually have to go hunting for extra people. Well done guys.

Normally, normally, after about 7 judges, the sores are far enough apart that the rest of the judge wouldn't have enough effect to change people's places. However, this time, first and second place are 0.03 points apart, so we still need those last few judges to answer in.