Sign in to follow this  
sniperfifer

Time to take action?

So I bought an Echo 1 AK with a few things from a guy on the forum going by Killah J. He supplied ample pictures with time stamps and everything I usually ask for, we worked out a deal and supposedly he shipped it out on the 24th of January after a short and reasonable delay as noted in this picture:

24th.png

I waited a week as per usual of me for the package to arrive, nada. I send the seller a few PMs to see if I can contact him, nada, I check his profile and he hasn't been on since the 29th, now I can be kinda paranoid at points and so I started getting worried, so I waited a few more days thinking maybe he'd jump online a bit later. Still nothing, deciding I need to be in the loop, I contacted the seller via his PayPal email, which I thought I may be able to reach him further, just to find out if/when he did ship it and with what carrier, as I know UPS can get delayed by quite a bit:

cpw.png

I haven't received a response from him. Now I think I've given him both adequate time to get the gun to me and to reply to my messages, but I haven't gotten anything. I did pay for "goods" through PayPal and I'm weighing the option of disputing and seeing if he'd either contact me and resolve the issue or just give me my money back. I'm looking to some input from fellow ASF members, is it worth it to dispute now or wait it out? I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt, as I have had delays in shipping and contact too, but I've always tried to get back ASAP and I'm getting to a point where I think this has been drawn out way to long to still be considered legitimate. Would PayPal even consider my case with the proof I have (pictures of gun, PMs, Emails, etc)?

Thanks

It depends if you still want the item or if you just want your money back now. Sometimes I want the item a lot and would rather have it than my money back, in which case I wait until the end of the 45 days before I file a dispute. You're equally protected at the end as you are if you file earlier, so as long as you don't need that money back immediately, might as well wait and have the chance of getting your item if the seller shapes up and resolves the situation.

And yea Paypal basically always sides with the buyer, even with little to no proof. If you're a seller, pray that you never get a scamming buyer who files a dispute after you ship, because they like to rule against you even if you provide proof of shipment.

But for you, you're fine, so it's just up to you how badly you want the item or want your money back.

Just an update, I have filed a dispute. Maybe PayPal's bias will work in my favor. To tell the truth, I don't care more between the gun or the money, I just want to have one or the other. Unless the seller contacts me, apologizes, gets me the gun, and does something to make up for lost time, he's going to receive negative feedback.

Just an update, I have filed a dispute. Maybe PayPal's bias will work in my favor. To tell the truth, I don't care more between the gun or the money, I just want to have one or the other. Unless the seller contacts me, apologizes, gets me the gun, and does something to make up for lost time, he's going to receive negative feedback.

He should receive negative feedback no matter what. Regardless of how it ends he still wronged you.

I wouldnt go that far Doug.. You should never jump the gun or pick sides like this.. The buyer in this case is protected. He cant lose. I don't think too much worrying should be done. He'll get his money back.

It has been 2 weeks.. Based on the date of this thread. Sometimes things happen in shipping, but most of the time, it is the sellers fault. I say give him a chance to respond before we go labeling people. It would suck if something happened to him/family, lets remember it is only Airsoft. Sometimes Airsoft has to take a backseat to Life..

Keep us posted..

I would never trust a seller with less than 100-200 posts on a forum or without providing a picture with his forum name and date with the item this person is selling unless he can provided me with positive feedback from his/her previous sales. This guy had.. 13 posts.

Edited by Rancore

I would never trust a seller with less than 100-200 posts on a forum or without providing a picture with his forum name and date with the item this person is selling unless he can provided me with positive feedback from his/her previous sales. This guy had.. 13 posts.

He also has 3-4 positive feedback in comments from names I recognized. He also provided pictures with timestamp (a picture with his forum name, my forum name, the date)

Thanks SHWELL/everyone for the input, I didn't want to start playing the blame game and jump to negative feedback. Anything could have happened, I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and so we shall see. He hasn't responded to me yet, so I think if he doesn't respond to my dispute in a week since I opened it, I will escalate it to a claim.

Killah contacted me today, according to him he was out of town and was willing to compensate. I'm putting all claims on hold for now, as soon as I get my product I'll end up leaving neutral feedback, if nothing happens or it gets worst the claim will be restarted. Thanks all!

I would leave neutral feedback even if you get the items because overall the deal wasnt positive, something like.

I did eventually receive what I bought, but it took weeks and I lost all communication for a long time.

Well here's an update. Still nothing.

Definitely a scammer, he hasn't been on in days nor has responded to any of my emails or PMs. Will be leaving negative feedback, and because PayPal is stupid and won't let me reopen a claim/dispute I'm going to have to take it up with my bank to solve this. I bought this gun a month and a half early for an event tomorrow just in case something happened, I guess I didn't plan far enough ahead.