to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
DHogan

[GAT] SAA Soap's Standard Combat Loadouts

I've loved the A-TACS pattern ever since I heard about it, and once I played a few games at my local field here in San Diego, I realized that it would be extremely effective 8 or 9 months out of the year (and probably still fairly effective those other months). Once I decided to do it, I'm going all in. Kit list below, along with a few pictures. Mind you, these are poorly shot pictures just to show off a bit of the kit. I'm going to post more once I get some decent light and a better environment than my guest bedroom.

C&C welcome!

A-TACS Kit List:

Clothing/ accessories

- Propper ACU cut shirt [A-TACS] (M/R shown - exchanging for S/R)

- Emerson Gen. 2 combat pants [A-TACS] (Size L - their cut is TINY!)

- 5.11 ATAC desert boots [TAN]

- Condor operator's cap [A-TACS] (not shown)

- Oakley SI gloves [FDE] (real deal, not shown)

- Oakley Jawbone glasses [black] (with polarized lenses, not shown)

- Oakley A Frame ANSI Z87.1 rated goggles [black] (with polarized lenses, not shown)

- Replica Magpul MS2 (FDE)

Plate carrier & attachments

- TAG Plate Carrier [A-TACS]

- TAG 100ml Hydration Carrier [A-TACS]

- Condor double M4 mag pouch [A-TACS]

- Condor double pistol mag pouch [A-TACS]

- Condor GP pouch [A-TACS]

- Condor dump pouch [A-TACS] (broke before the second game I played with it. DO NOT RECOMMEND)

- Ares Armor Raider Admin pouch [A-TACS]

- Replica ITW Fast Mag pistol mag pouches [FDE] (for the record, buy the real ones. These aren't much good)

Patches (from 1800NameTapes)

- "Soap" [A-TACS] (was given to me by local players because apparently I look like him after a fresh hair cut)

- "Esercito" [A-TACS] (Italian word for "Army")

- "Folgore" [A-TACS] (Italian for "lightening" - refers to their Paratroopers)

- MEDIC [white on red background] (I tend to be the medic a lot. Not sure why...)

- Italian Military Shield with Folgore Logo (shipped from Italy - THAT was a PITA to get)

- Italian Military Flag with Folgore Logo (also from Italy and equally as PITA)

Future kit (still needed or on order)

- ITW M4 Fast Mags (4x) [FDE]

- Ares Armor Raider Molle Battle Belt [A-TACS]

- Ares Armor padded suspenders for belt [FDE]

- Dual flashbang pouch [A-TACS]

- Custom knife sheath [A-TACS]

- Helmet with NVG and side rail attachments [A-TACS]

- Neoprene lower face mask/ balaclava [black] (local field requires full face protection)

- Vertical accessories pouch [A-TACS] (to attach to hydro carrier)

- A few more Italian patches, and more name tapes with OD thread instead of black

- Whatever else I'm forgetting...

Pictures

Front

img0113ir.jpg

Back

img0109tg.jpg

Right sleeve

img0111qz.jpg

Left sleeve

img0110ee.jpg

Admin/Replica ITW close up

img0112pt.jpg

Looking forward to your guys' thoughts!

Edited by alberty

San Diego? You lucky SOB... I would give so much to live there for a week and watch the Chargers play and play airsoft over there.

Anyways, looks really nice. The ATACS matching gear works very, very well in comparison to other camouflages and matching PCs/gear together. Makes me want the ATACS fg whenever it releases.

Haha thanks man. SD is pretty awesome.

The thing about A-TACS is that in order to achieve maximum effectiveness, you're supposed to match everything from the webbing on the vest and pouches, to your rifle's camouflage. I need to contact TAG about getting the webbing re-done in A-TACS on the plate carrier and hydro carrier, but beyond that, I'm feeling good about it. I'm also probably going to order the A-TACS hook and loop panels for my shirt since those large tan blobs kinda kill it for me. So much to do...

The FG pattern is going to be great for anyone who doesn't live in a desert climate, but I don't think I'll be picking it up just because of where I live. It's much too arid here for me to ever need it.

Diggin' it. I have yet to see an ATACS loadout with solid color PCs and such, but I agree that matching everything is much more effective. I've seen plate carriers with the ATACS pattern on the webbing, the nylon reacts differently when the pattern is applied and so it appears much darker than the Cordura material. I honestly like the plain MOLLE, I can't see the lines of the webbing from a distance.

How are the Emerson pants? I've been looking at picking up a pair, but I wasn't so sure on the quality of them.

and watch the Chargers play

I lol'd

Anyways..... I have the Emersons and they might not be Crye but they're good I guess. A few of my buddies use Crye's and those are obviously much better pants but they also run $200 a pair vs $50.

The biggest thing is that the sewing kind of sucks and the fabric is comparable to a thick cotton T shirt. It'll hold but my biggest fear is if I get stuck on a branch or something while running, and it won't tear as gracefully as Nylon Ripstop.

Bottom line it might cost at least 50% less but it's not going to last a few years. None of my China gear ever did.

BTW how do the Chinese and real ATACS compare?

Diggin' it. I have yet to see an ATACS loadout with solid color PCs and such, but I agree that matching everything is much more effective. I've seen plate carriers with the ATACS pattern on the webbing, the nylon reacts differently when the pattern is applied and so it appears much darker than the Cordura material. I honestly like the plain MOLLE, I can't see the lines of the webbing from a distance.

How are the Emerson pants? I've been looking at picking up a pair, but I wasn't so sure on the quality of them.

I've noticed that with the webbing. Really, really annoying... I might get some little covers for the molle webbing in areas where there's a ton of it, but otherwise I'll probably leave it alone.

I like the Emersons, but I can't speak to their durability yet. I do like them a lot though. The knee pads are nice to have, but I think I'm going to pick up the pads for the UR-Tactical pants though - these ones are a little wide for my tastes.

Bottom line it might cost at least 50% less but it's not going to last a few years. None of my China gear ever did.

BTW how do the Chinese and real ATACS compare?

Truth. The A-TACS colors and pattern on the Chinese pants are really, really similar. I can't see much (if any) difference, but I haven't looked super close either. I'll see if I can color correct one of the pictures a bit and enhance the pants/shirt area so you can compare for yourself.

Thanks for the comments so far guys! Keep 'em coming!

EDIT: enhanced picture. Pants are Emerson, shirt is Propper, and plate carrier is TAG with Condor pouches. Pretty great matching (the pants are a bit darker because they're under overhead lighting and somewhat in the shadows).

screenshot20120207at932.png

Edited by DHogan

Hey Josh, don't knock me just because I wanna watch a crappy team with a crappy owner and GM in a crappy stadium with crappy prices for everything, GO BOLTS! :P

ATACS would never work for me because I live in New England, so I would love me some Endor FG camo. I should just tie die some khaki clothes with greenery haha. On the front I cannot really tell the webbing apart, but from the backside it is a bit more noticeable. Wouldn't it be easier to make single MOLLE loop ATACs covers rather than dying/replacing them?

Hey Josh, don't knock me just because I wanna watch a crappy team with a crappy owner and GM in a crappy stadium with crappy prices for everything, GO BOLTS! :P

ATACS would never work for me because I live in New England, so I would love me some Endor FG camo. I should just tie die some khaki clothes with greenery haha. On the front I cannot really tell the webbing apart, but from the backside it is a bit more noticeable. Wouldn't it be easier to make single MOLLE loop ATACs covers rather than dying/replacing them?

I am digging the FG as well here is a photo they put out at SHOT Show. Looks like they have some of the same gear.

A-TACS%20FG%20Propper%20ACU%20SHOT.jpg

http://blog.predatorbdu.com/2012/01/proppe...-order-now.html

The single MOLLE loops are probably what I'm going to do. The reason I was considering replacing all the webbing (besides the color) is that the outer MOLLE on the edges of the PC is a little too narrow to easily thread. Single loops for the front, and I'm planning on getting some more pouches for the plate carrier to cover up the webbing there.

I am digging the FG as well here is a photo they put out at SHOT Show. Looks like they have some of the same gear.

FG is way cool, and they will have almost all the same gear shortly. Ares Armor already has some out, and they make awesome gear at great prices, but it's real duty spec gear, so expect to pay more than Condor or other knock offs. For what it's worth, I'd rather pay a bit more and know my gear will hold up than have to buy something new a few months later.

Oh man...You're making me think twice about not liking A-TACS. I used to think it was the ugliest camo ever until I saw the first post pics, but man that's looking BA. By the way, a bit off topic, but the guy I sold my SPR barrel to said he saw you at his local shop the other day haha. Said he saw your gun and immediately knew who you were. Small world man.

Thanks guys! I'm really happy with it. Just need to get my shirt sorted, pick up the ITW Fast Mags, and grab a battle belt for my Serpa and I'll be a bit more combat ready.

Raven - I did run in to him! It was a pretty funny conversation. He teased me about the Noveske RIS since apparently he wanted it lol...

Loveeee love this load out man, and most of your loadouts in general. You can tell you put alot of thought and effort into your gear.

On another note am I the only one who thinks ATACS in general looks like it is just stained and dirty.... or a tie dye experiment gone wrong?

But its tactical dirt. Actually its about as complex a camo as you can get (the "organic pixels" and "pattern within a pattern" and all that jazz) . . . And my team's scout is invisible in it.

DHogan, how well does it work when you're moving? The only experience I've had with it or against it was with my scout, whose usually covering us when he's anywhere near our side . . .

Thanks guys! I do put a lot of thought into these loadouts. I refuse to just copy a Navy SEAL, Ranger, or Delta Force guy because they look cool (not that there's anything wrong with that - just not the way I do things), and focus rather on what I personally need for my role on the battlefield. I find myself moving pouches around from game to game, removing some, adding others, and making sure that whatever I'm carrying is the most effective rig for the mission. With MOLLE, it's not a very fast procedure unfortunately, but for the most part, it's not that hard.

For example, during pistols only CQB games, I only carry my pistol Fast Mag replica pouches, the Condor double pistol mag pouch, and my knife somewhere on my body. In contrast, during longer objective based games, I'll toss on everything you see in the picture, and will be adding the ITW Fast Mag pouches, dual flash bang pouches, and other necessary pouches for the mission. I believe that what I choose to carry (or not carry) on any given loadout can determine the difference between a win or a loss.

Truth is, the field I play at most often has very high and dense brush to move through, so I'm invisible when moving (unfortunately, not quite inaudible yet. Working on that part). I have found, however, that unless I'm running across an open area, I can move with fairly good stealth in any normal terrain. If someone starts looking over, I just go prone and hold on target until they look away. It's been amazingly effective so far.

I still need to pick up a helmet, paint that, paint my guns in A-TACS, and dust my boots with a darker brown to muddle up the light tan some. The bare skin above my neckline is really the only thing to give me away right now. I'm going to spray my mesh mask in several colors to match the A-TACS pattern, and once that's done (along with the helmet and stuff), I imagine the only thing that could possibly be more effective at concealment would be a ghille suit.

[/essay]

Truth. And thanks man. I know people aren't big fans of A-TACS (apparently), but damn is it my favorite right now. And speaking of which...

New addition to the loadout (or rather, modification). Remember this guy? If not, click the link in my sig for the arsenal...

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

And we're back with more pictures. I'd appreciate your thoughts and feedback! Enjoy!

A-TACS swatch for comparison:

atacs-11x111.jpg

A-TACS bits on my Classic Army B&T MP5A4 RIS

IMG_0186.jpg

A-TACS WE Open Bolt M4 Recon Rifle (build still in progress)

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

And here's the MP5, M4, P226, sniper slide from hell, P229, various barrel extensions/amplifiers/suppressors, and rubber knife. The whole armory lol...

IMG_0180.jpg

Considering picking up one of the Emerson Base Jump replicas and putting together a nice helmet setup since my field just started requiring full masks and goggles for everyone (used to just be those under 18 had to wear full masks. I've been making due with my Oakley glasses until now). I already painted my mesh lower mask in A-TACS colors (not the pattern. It's too hard to replicate on a wire mesh mask), so I figure this helmet with a replica Surefire helmet light, possibly a GoPro mounted on the side, and some A-TACS loop attached instead of the ugly tan colored stuff would look great with my kit. Any thoughts?

First picture is of the helmet I'm considering. The last picture is what I want to build (or something like that. For the record, I plan on getting the Peltor Comtac/ MSA Sordin replica comms headset soon too, since it's become a major PITA to operate effectively without comms.

9274.JPG

Prospective build:

Can someone enlighten me as to what kind of IFF is being used on the top/back of this helmet?

Ops-Core-2-440x388.jpg

Edited by DHogan

I haven't yet. I want to get comms and a battle belt first. I'm running out of MOLLE space fast and accumulating more and more gear. Just picked up some Thunder Bs, need a better mounting system for my iPhone (I use a great GPS/ Compass program while playing that I pre-program rally points and objective locations into for longer games) since having it inside my admin pouch isn't working.

Basically, I need to get it a bit more functional and streamlined before I grab the helmet. I do still want one, but the price needs to be right first.

EDIT: And I just remembered that I have a night game coming up in July, so helmet is back on the table. Anyone have any experience with these types? http://www.ebairsoft.com/jump-fast-helmet-atacs-p-5555.html

I'm thinking the helmet, Surefire replica helmet light (http://www.airsoftpark.com/product_info.php?products_id=10089), replica Manta strobe (http://www.ebairsoft.com/snail-strobe-light-green-flashlight-p-5782.html), and this little personal lighting system with a red LED (http://www.ebairsoft.com/modular-personal-lighting-system-p-4383.html). That ought to be a good start for the night games, right?

Edited by DHogan

It's a TMC Striker type mask. Works perfectly well, and you can bend and mold it to fit your face. Mine fits really snugly along the contours of my nose and cheeks so I can get a decent cheek weld on my M4. Deffo recommend it if you don't need an actual mask.

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index....roducts_id=5213

I haven't seen this thread in a while, and I came back to see your loadout and my jaw dropped. You need to pick up some Danner A-TACS Boots to top it all off.

http://www.danner.com/desert-tfxr-rough-ou...oots-25984.html

But man, your loadout and signature are making me really jealous haha. I'm switching to the FG version soon since I play in more wooded areas. Just wish Danner made FG boots :a-surrender: