DHogan

[GAT] SAA Soap's Standard Combat Loadouts

It is good to see that there are some legit teams in cali. like GATPMC, I really respect you guys. Especially when all around you it seams there is minimal outlets for milsim style play. With all the indoor fields and 12 year olds running around with foam swords, it is cool to see a team really set up goals for themselves. I also was suprised to find out that your team was created for cross training with real steel. Very cool man, keep it comin!

Thanks for the kind words Winters. We're proud of the fact that we're not just running around playing "live-action-COD," and that our training translates across platforms from airsoft to real steel and vice versa. Of course - you can't take yourself too seriously, and we have a hell of a good time doing either! As I don't own a real firearm yet (saving for a Sig Sauer P226 Combat or Mk.25), I focus my attention on airsoft and the teamwork and training that can be derived from a good MilSim game. GAT is a great group of guys to run with, and I'm privileged to be part of the team.

Back on the topic of an A-TACS loadout, here's a quick iPhone shot from our last training session. Team uniform wasn't required, so I ran the full A-TACS kit for the first time in months. I forgot how much I like it! If anyone is interested in the Kit list, ask. It's a lot to write right now...

A-TACSKit.jpg

Well it'd not really be for breaching, that's just what the scabbard's called because its for RS shotties. It'd be for transitioning to CQC, as I'm tossing a 12.5 inch rail on my sentry, so its mobility is going to drop, and I want something that I can run when things get tight that still has plenty of accuracy if I have to engage at range without transitioning. Was just wondering if you thought that it'd be to bulky/unwieldy. Definently like the video - one of the best I've seen in a long time - got a kick out of the second team trying to use the breacher saw. And your team killed it.

Well it'd not really be for breaching, that's just what the scabbard's called because its for RS shotties. It'd be for transitioning to CQC, as I'm tossing a 12.5 inch rail on my sentry, so its mobility is going to drop, and I want something that I can run when things get tight that still has plenty of accuracy if I have to engage at range without transitioning. Was just wondering if you thought that it'd be to bulky/unwieldy. Definently like the video - one of the best I've seen in a long time - got a kick out of the second team trying to use the breacher saw. And your team killed it.

I think it'd limit your mobility to be honest. I run a 12" RIS on my rifle, and if it gets too tight, I run the stock up over my shoulder and use my PEQ laser for quick target acquisition. Rumor has it that NSW operators that carry 16" RECCE platforms do the same or similar when entering a building. You can always sling it and go to your secondary as well, which - depending on the situation - may be more effective anyways (you'll notice I slung my AR across my back both when carrying the saw and when dragging the dummy. Did that indoors too once or twice). How long of a barrel are you going to run? That will affect your CQB effectiveness more than the RIS, as a 12" barrel is manageable indoors.

We definitely got the harder objective. Some of the less positive comments stated we should've been in the door in seconds, but we were getting shot at from all angles and our support team wasn't exactly supporting. In another video, you can hear me literally screaming at them to push up, as they were almost all hiding back by our respawn. Tan team did a great job of suppressing the area, but we managed to pull it off just before the game horn sounded (1 hour in).

If you have a YouTube account, subscribe to mine. I'll be filming a video later today as an intro to the page, and I'll post a breakdown of my Diplomat setup shortly.

Well I got the 12.5" barrel plus the 6.75" silencer, which will be integrated into about a quarter of the way into the RIS. So 19.25" total. I'm actually getting the RIS to make it more manageable, so I can run a thumb break farther up on the gun, rather than having 7 inches on the end that's past my hand. And will do on the Youtube page, is it just DHogan as well?

Well I got the 12.5" barrel plus the 6.75" silencer, which will be integrated into about a quarter of the way into the RIS. So 19.25" total. I'm actually getting the RIS to make it more manageable, so I can run a thumb break farther up on the gun, rather than having 7 inches on the end that's past my hand. And will do on the Youtube page, is it just DHogan as well?

Yeah, that's a long-ish setup, but the one I ran at ITS was a 12.5" barrel plus a suppressor for a bit, and that worked fine. That's the same reason I run the long RIS. I just bought a 13" RIS for my new *secret* build. It just feels better to me.

Youtube is here: youtube.com/user/GATOperatorSoap

I'm going to try and shoot and upload a video later today. We'll see if that actually happens...

Yeah, that's a long-ish setup, but the one I ran at ITS was a 12.5" barrel plus a suppressor for a bit, and that worked fine. That's the same reason I run the long RIS. I just bought a 13" RIS for my new *secret* build. It just feels better to me.

Youtube is here: youtube.com/user/GATOperatorSoap

I'm going to try and shoot and upload a video later today. We'll see if that actually happens...

I have to confess- I think your kit has inspired me to do my own A-Tac loadout within the next year. You may see a ghetto-rendition of your gear running around some day.

I was thinking about whether I wanted to finally get together a camo based load-out, but I wasn't really sold on most of the patterns I've seen out there. Either they were far too common, or they were way to situational. The A-Tacs looks like it'd be good in a lot of environments (here in western New York, it's snow about 1/4 of the year, barren trees about 1/3 of the year, and fairly green the rest of the year.)

On topic, I'd love to see more pics of you in full A-Tac dress, I.e. with the Propper shirt rather than the OD one.

I have to confess- I think your kit has inspired me to do my own A-Tac loadout within the next year. You may see a ghetto-rendition of your gear running around some day.

I was thinking about whether I wanted to finally get together a camo based load-out, but I wasn't really sold on most of the patterns I've seen out there. Either they were far too common, or they were way to situational. The A-Tacs looks like it'd be good in a lot of environments (here in western New York, it's snow about 1/4 of the year, barren trees about 1/3 of the year, and fairly green the rest of the year.)

On topic, I'd love to see more pics of you in full A-Tac dress, I.e. with the Propper shirt rather than the OD one.

I've been an inspiration to someone? My life is complete hahaha...

A-TACS has been pretty darn effective for me, and coupled with basic knowledge on concealment during operations, you'll be invisible to many players. It's not a cloaking device, but a good operator can make it work to their advantage, that's for sure.

I'll work on some more pics of full A-TACS kit. There's an Op coming up in January that requires a matching top and bottom, and A-TACS AU is on the list of approved patterns, so you'll get plenty of pics of me in that then. Maybe I should do a YouTube video on the loadout?

I've been an inspiration to someone? My life is complete hahaha...

A-TACS has been pretty darn effective for me, and coupled with basic knowledge on concealment during operations, you'll be invisible to many players. It's not a cloaking device, but a good operator can make it work to their advantage, that's for sure.

I'll work on some more pics of full A-TACS kit. There's an Op coming up in January that requires a matching top and bottom, and A-TACS AU is on the list of approved patterns, so you'll get plenty of pics of me in that then. Maybe I should do a YouTube video on the loadout?

That would definitely be pretty cool! You should start the video off in a landscape kind of shot, and slowly emerge from cover and begin the video. Or have your entire team emerge from concealment together. T'would be epic!

Well, it's not an action video, but here's ASGI's interview with me and my teammate:

A couple pictures from the ITS event as well:

Body shot

Fullbodyshot_zps7ee9be9e.jpg

Yup, ambi shooter here. Covering the door for my "right-hand only" teammates lol

Coveringdoor_zps55becbb1.jpg

Obligatory team "headshot" for our roster

Teamshot_zpsff2307bb.jpg

Edited by GAT SAA Soap

Wow, everything about that setup is just excellent. Are those real Sordins? What'd you pay for them?

Also, how do you feel the paint stuck to your pMag? I'm considering if I want to do a paint job on my Masada, as I see a lot of people do some pretty nice snake-skin patterns on theirs. I am not sure how the polymer interacts with paint though...looks like it might be more resilient to wear.

Wow, everything about that setup is just excellent. Are those real Sordins? What'd you pay for them?

Also, how do you feel the paint stuck to your pMag? I'm considering if I want to do a paint job on my Masada, as I see a lot of people do some pretty nice snake-skin patterns on theirs. I am not sure how the polymer interacts with paint though...looks like it might be more resilient to wear.

Hey angelust I painted my Magpul Emag, which is the same material. And the paint stick perfect I did a A-tacs job on mine just make sure to shake the paint really well and sand the mag some so it sticks better. Hope that helps.

Thanks mate! My PMAGs are real PMAGs converted into shells for the GBB mag internals, so the polymer may be different. I suspect it'd be totally fine like Kilo said above though.

Thanks mate! My PMAGs are real PMAGs converted into shells for the GBB mag internals, so the polymer may be different. I suspect it'd be totally fine like Kilo said above though.

It's the same DuPont polymer on both the RS and airsoft versions, if you get the PTS ones that is.

Sorry to keep bumping this thread, but I'm just really excited today!

So after an hour or so of replying to posts and lamenting how much I hate the fat black suppressor on my rifle, I made this. It's a mock heat-shield for my suppressor since I didn't want to go to the trouble of painting it. It's modeled after the TAB Suppressor Anti-Mirrage Shield (SAS), which is designed to "... prevent mirage from obscuring your site picture after multiple shots. Eliminating mirage is accomplished by the use of insulating materials - your can heats up, but the SAS stays cool. The outer shell of the the TAB SAS will not heat up so your equipment and person will not become damaged with accidental or intentional contact." Apparently it also helps reduce heat signature when viewed through IR goggles.

Anyways, here's the completed gun!

RECCEwithsuppressorcover_zpsd74aa494.jpg

suppressorcover_zps81fed60a.jpg

Edited by GAT SAA Soap

that looks awesome Soap heat shield is pretty awesome where'd you get it. Nice!

Thanks mate! I made it after a Condor dump pouch I was using failed me one too many times. The dump pouch has now been chopped up and repurposed as a headband cover (see photos below) and the mock TAB SAS.

Here are a few pics from last weekend after we finished playing. In case you haven't noticed, I'm that guy who likes having his picture taken in full gear. Must be the Italian side...

Pose_zps796f2292.jpg

A-TACSDMR_zps88930fb2.jpg

A-TACSDMR2_zpsaadeb7fc.jpeg

Back_zpsd590fc5a.jpeg

FolgoreDMR_zps2b6c91ae.jpeg

Upclose_zpsd794fb40.jpeg

I was made an honorary member of Killing Angels Airsoft team for the day as we're all big fans of MilSim and A-TACS.

KillingAngels_zps1a0c27a2.jpeg

A big thank you to Janus Saint of KAA (far left) for taking the pictures. They came out brilliantly.

ware u using the condor mopc plate carrier

And is. That the TAG hydro carrier

It's the TAG Plate Carrier. I don't like using Condor gear in general, but the mag pouches and belt are Condor for now. And yes, it is the TAG 100oz hydro carrier.

were those pics taken at OP: Touchdown <AT> deadwood?

No, these were taken in Escondido, CA, just north east of San Diego.

It's the TAG Plate Carrier. I don't like using Condor gear in general, but the mag pouches and belt are Condor for now. And yes, it is the TAG 100oz hydro carrier.

No, these were taken in Escondido, CA, just north east of San Diego.

Ok cool I knew you prolly didnt use a condor pc thats the tag aggressor pc? And you saw I have that same hydro carrier

Ok cool I knew you prolly didnt use a condor pc thats the tag aggressor pc? And you saw I have that same hydro carrier

Yeah, Condor gear just doesn't hold up for me. I really beat on my gear, and if it can't take the abuse, it's on to the next thing.

It's the TAG "Plate Carrier." They didn't give it a name or anything. Just "Plate Carrier." Love my hydro though!

Yeah, Condor gear just doesn't hold up for me. I really beat on my gear, and if it can't take the abuse, it's on to the next thing.

It's the TAG "Plate Carrier." They didn't give it a name or anything. Just "Plate Carrier." Love my hydro though!

Yeah the only thing I have not made in US is my condor mag pouch that holds my g36 mags and my helmet and thats funny on the P.C. and how do u clean ur bladder

While I'm not in all A-TACS (or even my loadout, really), here are some pictures of me and the team I commanded in the MilSim Operation: Restraint game this past Sunday. I was supposed to play the role of a former Italian special forces instructor turned Pendulum Security Services Group commander and CEO, so that's why the red beret.

With Folgore 2 (squad 2) and parts of Folgore 3

PSSG_zps7104eeac.jpg

Post-Op debrief

Debrief1_zpsd4513107.jpg

Giving the debrief and presenting morale patch awards

COHogan_zpsebe32c85.jpg

The awesome ID Badge I made for myself and my XO. The QR code takes you to the forum that hosted the event.

Badge_zpsaa832aa8.jpg

Looks really hood. Kinda weird with the pants. That beret is awesome :a-laugh:

I know right? I never realized how tight my pants were until I borrowed someone else's jacket.

Why was that Op so small? I was invited on the event page but didn't go. I thought it would have been much bigger. Not to de-rail the thread.

Why didn't you go? I'm curious to hear from those that heard about the event or were invited but chose to skip it.

Because this was the first true MilSim event in San Diego in almost 5 years, we decided to have very strict rules regarding magazine capacity (low caps or GBBR only) and uniforms (matching top and bottom, and limited choices for camo pattern). This eliminated a sizable chunk of players that didn't want to put in the effort to get the required kit. It actually was for the best, as it made it so that only the most dedicated MilSim players showed up. Also, the weather was pretty rough. Rain, mud, fog, cold - lots of people bailed last minute since they didn't want to get their Gucci kits all dirty haha.

We had to deal with a lot of complaints ahead of time from guys that didn't have the kit or didn't want to run low caps, and ultimately we were probably better off without them. It drew the most honorable and honest players in SD, and there were almost zero complaints about cheating or the like. Given that the Op was only $20 to enter and SDAirsoft paid for all the props (I personally spent close to $100 on stuff for my team and didn't get reimbursed a penny), I can only hope that next time more people will spend the extra $30 to get a box of low caps and the camo patterns needed. I deffo recommend going to the next one!

Also, this was just the tan team in front of me. A few guys left too before I held the debrief, so it looks like a smaller number.

And for what it's worth, I'm not passing judgement on people who didn't show up. While I am curious to know why they didn't go, the only people that bothered me are the ones that complained about our rule set. San Diego airsofters constantly ask for MilSim games, and when a true MilSim event finally came up, the ones that were most vocal about having one then complained about the rules and regulations. I don't think some of them understand what MilSim really is haha...

So Italian...haha.

On a different note, my first thought was, "What the heck, Soap's not blending into his background. That's not right..."

It was a strange feeling. I had to borrow the Gortex jacket from my Navy buddy since my A-TACS coat would've ended up soaked. It was pretty miserable standing around in the rain and mud, not actually moving, but it was so worth it for the smiles on everyone's faces and the appreciation GC and the COs got after the game.

I think it's time to put together a really basic "Esercito Italiano Folgore" loadout for these operations! Lol...

Man, this looks like it would have been a fun event! I love when the organizers go as far as making ID badges, and having sweet props.

One of the local teams, and shops just had their second go a round of a big annual milsim event in Utah called Rhodesian Revolt. It was my first time attending such a big game, but it was an absolute blast. The game literally never stopped and had a pretty fun story line. Gotta love stuff like that. http://rhodesianrevolt.com if anyone is curious.

Good question Soap.

I had family commitments that day but I am interested in your series. It would be tough for a younger guy like me with limited income to get low caps, as I run mid caps at the moment, and with the gas for the car factored in, it's getting to be an expensive day.

I do like the concept, and wish I could be on a milsim team (I'm in the Temecula area). A few of my friends actually showed up, but left. They said the field was screwed up and not enough people came. They said they went down to Jericho for the rest of the day. Maybe their feedback would be more helpful.

The organizers worked really hard to make it a quality event. I personally made the name badges for myself and my XO, and organized a patch order for the team. We poured a lot of energy, time, and money into an op that we got absolutely nothing out of beyond the enjoyment of the participants, and it was worth it all.

Good question Soap.

I had family commitments that day but I am interested in your series. It would be tough for a younger guy like me with limited income to get low caps, as I run mid caps at the moment, and with the gas for the car factored in, it's getting to be an expensive day.

I do like the concept, and wish I could be on a milsim team (I'm in the Temecula area). A few of my friends actually showed up, but left. They said the field was screwed up and not enough people came. They said they went down to Jericho for the rest of the day. Maybe their feedback would be more helpful.

I can appreciate the limited funds thing. Good news is that low caps are under $40 for a box of 10 in most cases, so that shouldn't be too hard in the future.

As for your friends who showed up but didn't participate, they can't even begin to understand what they missed. I saw the "Gas Blowback Community" (or whatever page it was on Facebook) post about the Op, but since they didn't stay and play, they have no place to comment. I'm not trying to sound like an a**hole, but it's simple truth. The 30-40 guys who came out have nothing but great feedback for the day, and your friends missed out by leaving early. I'm not sure what they meant by the field being messed up. It was raining, cold, and muddy, but that's half the fun!

If you can get your hands on some low caps, deffo come out to the next one. It won't be until Fall, so you'll have plenty of time to get sorted.

I had no idea that low caps were so cheap...well that changes things! More reason to change to all low caps! Do you know which brand is best for AK74? Not finding much of a selection in box sets.

Ya, I didn't understand the GBB Community's posting because they didn't give it a chance, but oh well.

I had no idea that low caps were so cheap...well that changes things! More reason to change to all low caps! Do you know which brand is best for AK74? Not finding much of a selection in box sets.

Ya, I didn't understand the GBB Community's posting because they didn't give it a chance, but oh well.

Yup. Didn't make much sense to me either...

I'm afraid I don't know. I have some Mag low caps for my MP5, and they've been fine. Nothing special, but they work, and that's all I cared about. There may be some reviews out there, but I'd recommend joining and posting on SDAirsoft.com and asking there, since people now have experience with them after the op.

props for putting in the time and effort for Operation Restraint. While I didn't attend (I live hundreds of miles away but used to live in socal) or know anyone who did, I definitely appreciate it when those types of events are organized. It means there are players out there who want more than the usual team deathmatch affair we see at many fields, although there is nothing wrong with that except that for me it gets old.

Edited by SecondWind