to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
roporak555

Problems regarding Airsoft that Airsofter face

Hi all, I'm currently doing a research on all the problems that an airsofter or airsoft enthusiast face during the game, before the game and after the game. Any problems that you face regarding airsoft can be shared as well. Thanks!

ammo, others calling hits, gun falling apart, gearbox breaking, hop up, battery dying, stuff like that

Edited by Airsoftkid295

As game staff at a major field....

Egos, not calling hits are big ones, but the biggest issue?

Airsofters don't listen. Its almost god damn impossible to do a brief and not have people "forget" or feign attention and then be retarded on the field.

+1

Airsofters want to be rambo. Especially at games like SC village were its a bunch of randoms... Ignorant Teammates would definitely Be #1. Gun malfunctions and other things like lack of BB's dead battery would probably be #2.

having the need to pee when I'm in the middle of a game

Oh the joys of playing at a woodland field.

My #1 problem is batteries dying mid-game due to only owning 11.1 lipos

I can't believe no one has said this yet but, Goggles fogging. Can't stand it.

Edited by Raven Wood

Just curious why you're focusing on the negatives? Is this for a school project or something?

Yup its for a school project. Because I'm researching on the problems that airsofter faced. As airsoft is pretty much banned in singapore I don't really have much access to it. In singapore airsoft is illegal and can only be played at legal fields which there is only 1. And we are not allowed to bring the guns home or purchase any guns.

Yup its for a school project. Because I'm researching on the problems that airsofter faced. As airsoft is pretty much banned in singapore I don't really have much access to it. In singapore airsoft is illegal and can only be played at legal fields which there is only 1. And we are not allowed to bring the guns home or purchase any guns.

^^ this is why I like America

goggles fogging, gas guns pissing out all their gas, not having enough places to play at, not having enough games to play at, annoying kids on the field, people not calling their hits

and one unique to me: americuh :censored2: yeah idiots calling me a commie for wearing a loadout specific to my home country where I grew up (Ukraine)

Goggles fogging, gear failing, guns failing, batteries in general dying, batteries not fitting in gun, guys forgetting MED and getting lit up <5 feet away, packing up after a game, loosing stuff before, durring or after a game, and guys who just don't play nice with others.

Getting people to work with you has been my biggest issue. Unless you're playing with guys you know or that around your age (me being 22) it's pretty much hit or miss. This sport isn't about being rambo, it's about teamwork...it's a military based sport essentially. Hits not getting called are a HUGE deal where I play. I dumped 6 rrounds into a dudes mask, and watched him not call them. It's okay he got a nice 30 round burst to the back next time I saw him.

Anyway aside from those 2, goggles fogging up are also an issue. Also, masks reducing your ability to ADS...I use a paintball mask because our arena requires it.

Is it me, or did this thread turn into a therapist session?

I'm with RC on politicians being the biggest problem the sport is having. Crosman-Commandos and Ewoks alike I can deal with. It's when some law-maker decides he knows what's best for people despite having no knowledge in how things work in the real world that things get TRULY problematic.

I've looked at this for a while now...

I think the question is actually too broad and general to answer, with-out writing a thesis on the subject, then your are still going to get a huge wad of personal opinions.

This is just a suggestion, but why not sub-section your question into some groups?

example:

What problems do you as an air-softer face?:

1- With purchasing?

2- Before an game, op, or event?

3- Gear issues or problems?

4- Politics or Laws regarding the hobby?

5- During a game, op , or Event?

6- After a game OP or Event?

7- Contending with "other" participants?

and so on...

At least it will be able to direct your research in a more orderly and positive way I would think.

1- With purchasing?

Lack of local stores that competitively price against the internet giants (GI, Evike, Ehobby, EBAirsoft, etc), lack of spare parts, unavailability of certain parts in the US (which oversea stores carry).

Transportation to a field if you aren't local, lost gear around the house, finding op specific required gear (think uniforms, certain bb weights, etc)

Broken/temperamental guns, ripped clothes, lost items

Law enforcement: I once got stopped at a police checkpoint, had to explain why there were so many replica guns in my back seat (they were in a case).

Politics: Look up SB 798 in California

Lost gear, people touching my stuff without permission, disorganized game staff, bad weather

Keeping track of gear while packing, parking is normally pretty far from the AO

Not calling hits, rude/loud mouth kids, getting team killed, people with "hot" gas guns, poor trigger discipline, loudmouth kids, gear elitists, too hardcore of Milsim'ers, not enough refs

1- With purchasing?

I live in norway, and norway is a low priority market, so the selection of guns and equipment isn't very good and the prices are realtively high.

Too few people showing up, being late (me or them). Players taking forever to get ready!

I tinker with my guns quite a bit, and I don't always do things properly, so my guns fail from time to time.

Airsoft actually has few regulations here. No two-tone guns, no orange tip, full auto is allowed, not really any power restrictions, only regular gun regulations apply.

Players taking forever to get ready!

Rarely any problems after a game, only me being too lazy to pack away my gear, hehe.

I hate it when players keep shooting after I call my hit. If I say I'm hit, I'm hit, dang-it! :angry01:

Another thing I would add is norwegian airsoft forums, there's a reason I hang at this forum rather than the norwegian forums, they are like ghost towns.

Edited by Lefse