to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Whiteshield

[ADVICE NEEDED] External Upgrades for M4

Well here's my AEG. What external upgrades would you guys recommend? What do you think of my rifle using a CQB Fixed Stock? Some guys at the field said that the stock broke the beauty of the gun. I kinda like it coz that way the LiPo battery's well protected. Should I add a laser? Or replace the vertical grip with an AFG or AFG2? For the record, yes I know - I didn't put the front and rear sights on the rails.

Photo0172.jpg

ok, first off, your gun, you build it like you want.

second, I would put a Vltor carbine mod stock on instead of the shorty full, a magpul MIAD pistol grip instead of the SPR grip you have now, Magpul AFG for the fore grip, and a noveske RIS at the correct length would look AWESOME. But it would cost about $120-150. But again if you like what you have, keep it, don't let someone tell you what you like.

It's your gun, there's no right or wrongs, build it how you want based on your budget. Personally I think it looks great as is. I'd agree with a differen't RIS though, delta ring RIS's are a huge turnoff for me. Grab a 7" Noveske or 7" Madbull DD Lite. A PEQ+Tac Light combo always looks nice, and maybe some rail covers.

I say get what ever rails you think look good, personally I like the DD rails or a casv.

your motor grips is fine they are usualy very comfy. but thats up to your personal opinion

you may want to invest in a buffer tube or crane stock lipo.

some examples -> http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/_...ry-Airsoft.html

the vltor stocks are nice. but see what kind fits you. I like the UBRS, but then again its up to you

here is a neat program that may help you

http://pimpmygun.doctornoob.com/app.php

if you don't know about it. its a flash based gun editor. basicly build the gun and see how you like the look

Edited by campingtomz

Ive run several peq boxes and have never snagged it on anything, key is for righties to have the wires on the right side of the gun so that when you switch to secondary the wires face out and not rubbing against any of your gear. second, just make sure its not too long so you don't have wires hanging off. im sure it happens, but you do those two things and you should be good

Ive run several peq boxes and have never snagged it on anything, key is for righties to have the wires on the right side of the gun so that when you switch to secondary the wires face out and not rubbing against any of your gear. second, just make sure its not too long so you don't have wires hanging off. im sure it happens, but you do those two things and you should be good

Exactly what Jon said. If you just make sure the wires are packed inside the handguard/PEQ as much as possible and have no looseness in between they should sit snug against the RIS/handguard. If anything, the only thing that would snag would be your RIS.

guys need help on this now: because of your advice, I'm thinking of getting a peq battery box. however, the switch assembly, do I have to remove the wiring on the gearbox or simply reposition it so I can make the wiring go to the front assembly? also a video tutorial would be epic'ly appreciated. :D

guys need help on this now: because of your advice, I'm thinking of getting a peq battery box. however, the switch assembly, do I have to remove the wiring on the gearbox or simply reposition it so I can make the wiring go to the front assembly? also a video tutorial would be epic'ly appreciated. :D

Peq batteries suck for the most part.

Buffer tube lipos suck for the most part and are a pain.

I say stick with the shorty full stock. I love them on my guns and always get compliments on how they look. And the great thing about that stock is that you can cram a nice 2000+mah lipo in there and a mosfet and still have some room. I also like how the stock shortness lets me keep the gun closer to me. The weapon is more maneuverable especially in cramped situations.

T-tiger and also major9 sell an assortment of noveske and DD type ails that are within the same budget it would cost to change stocks and add a PEQ and add a new battery (you will need several batteries of the type that fit in a PEQ to have a full days worth of airsoft if you use ammo like I do.)

You would need to buy a trigger assembly thats wired to the front to reolace your existing setup. youtube it, lots of great stuff there and how tos

mind giving me a link to a high quality video? yeah, there's lots of vids on youtube, but sometimes its a pain to find one that you can see what they're doing. would be very much appreciated :)

also to Anachro12, mind posting a pic of your gun's setup in this thread? :)

Edited by Whiteshield