to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
JimmyJet92

King Arms M4A1 fps drop and feeding problem

Hey so iv got this King Arms M4A1, I saw all the reviews and they came with a metal body but for some reason mine has a plastic body. so one day after playing in 30 degree weather I bought a metal body from a friend for 20 bucks. every thing seemed to go back together perfectly. when I was changing it out I did take apart my gear box but everything in there seemed to go together find as well. I noticed after I put the metal body on that it was feeding only about every 3rd or 4th bb and the fps dropped from about 450 to maybe 250. so I decided to put the plastic body back on and its doing the same thing so im thinking iv got a leak somewhere. I checked the air nozzle and it doesnt seem to have a crack from the outside of the gearbox. and as far as the feeding...... haha I have no idea whats going on.

Thanks for the help

An air leak that large is probably due to the piston head o-ring. I would suggest taking your gearbox apart and following some of the guides that are linked in my sig.

For your feeding issue, check the lips of the hop up bucking. They might not be seated right around the barrel or damaged.

An air leak that large is probably due to the piston head o-ring. I would suggest taking your gearbox apart and following some of the guides that are linked in my sig.

For your feeding issue, check the lips of the hop up bucking. They might not be seated right around the barrel or damaged.

Thanks, I havent had a chance to try it yet because im at work so I don't know if the O-ring thing will work but if I don't have a spair cylinder what should I put it on to heat up?

Thanks, I havent had a chance to try it yet because im at work so I don't know if the O-ring thing will work but if I don't have a spair cylinder what should I put it on to heat up?

I don't use a spare :a-laugh: but for the feeding issue, I would put money on the hopup unit (bucking included) that is always my problem

I don't use a spare :a-laugh: but for the feeding issue, I would put money on the hopup unit (bucking included) that is always my problem

Oh okay, it just said in the instructions that is preferable to use a spare, but the thing with the hop up is I have taken it fully apart and it seems fine. (seems) and its a brand new gun only about 2 months old with about 800 rounds through it, id think they would be better quality wouldnt they? and im sorry for everybody whos responding im new at this. I was big into paintball but that got too expensive.

Sounds like your air nozzle isn't moving with the tappet plate. You'll have to take it back apart and make sure the air nozzle is locked into the U part on the end of the tappet plate. You'll see how it's supposed to sit in there once you get it apart.

Edited by 2006sport

Sounds like your air nozzle isn't moving with the tappet plate. You'll have to take it back apart and make sure the air nozzle is locked into the U part on the end of the tappet plate. You'll see how it's supposed to sit in there once you get it apart.

Okay ill have to give that a look too, Iv got a friend who knows alot more than me about the gearbox and stuff, so I don't like to take my gear box apart. but iv got spring break starting tomorrow so we are gonna have a fixing session cause his gear box cracked. but thank you to all who have contributed, I really appreciate it. keep em coming! :a-salute: