to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Revel8

G&G M14 Tappet plate spring

Anyone know where I can get a spring for the G&G M14 tappet plate? If I order the tappet plate will a spring come with it. Or if anyone could post the spring size and I will search around for one. Story of why I need one is below.

Earlier today I picked up a G&G M14 with a battery for 70 bucks. Guy said it wasn't firing (I buy broken guns all the time) Opened it up and saw that the selector switch spring was missing. opened a pen and used the spring from that. Tried firing it again and the motor spins but, misses the gears. Opened the gearbox to find the anti-reversal latch in wrong, poor shimming, and the tappet plate spring missing.

Try a hardware store, they have all sorts of little springs in the hardware isle. Or at least Ace does.

That's what I was thinking. Was just hoping someone would know the size off hand. I will just take half the shell and plate with me I guess.

Figured out my main issue though. Spur gear was snapped and under the load the bottom half was spinning and not the top.

Wish I could just buy that doing set. G&G m14s use a different tappet plate. I contacted g&g and they were sending me a selector switch spring and tappet plate spring but, it got here with only one spring in the bag although the inventory list says two. To me it looks like they sent the selector spring and not the tappet plate one. I will have to break it down again and check

If it's the tappet plate spring I will get a stiff selector spring from the hardware store because I doubt the spring strength matters too much there.