Sign in to follow this  
airsoftnewbie1234

Why KWA and G&G vs JG and CYMA?

Hey everyone,

I require the knowledge of all you airsoft wizards.

I'm new to airsoft and I'm just looking for the best quality guns out there as well as the most reliable.

This isn't meant to be a repost about what gun I should get, but I was wondering why theres so much buzz around KWA and G&G guns.

Do JG and CYMA considered cheap and looked down upon?

Just trying to understand whether KWA is all hype or if there are some solid technical reasons to why theyre so popular.

I'd appreciate any replies to the matter.

Thanks!!!

Hey everyone,

I'm new to airsoft and I'm just looking for the best quality guns out there as well as the most reliable.

This isn't meant to be a repost about what gun I should get, but I was wondering why theres so much buzz around KWA and G&G guns.

Just trying to understand whether KWA is all hype or if there are some solid technical reasons to why theyre so popular.

Thanks!!!

Purely reliability, out of the box they may seem all the same, but the internals on a kwa are going to last years longer than cyma, without having to upgrade and repair

Cyma AK's will last you several years with normal use actually, I say their reliability rivals that of TM guns. Cyma AK's have decent performance too and are cheap. JG G36's are known to be amazing bang for the buck.

Thanks the replies guys.

Are there any downsides to brands like KWA besides their price?

Also when you look across better known brands like KWA, G&G, and Echo1...are there any differences in their performance or something that makes people choose them besides how they market their goods?

I see KWA as a military simulation gun and that obviously attracts me to want to get one their guns.

Thing is, kwa is ready to go out of the box and you don't need to do anything to it for years. just plug and play. you could potentially end up spending more replacing parts on cheaper guns which could require you to open up gearboxes and doing even more damage or paying for the labor. other thing, externally kwa guns are top of the line, great weight and a matte blk finish with no whobble anywhere. kwa is really in a class of its own rigt now when it comes to out of the box performance, so don't let the price tag scare you away, it is worth it.

Ps alot of people try "upgrading" it with aftermarket parts and end up ruining or lowering the performance of the gun. kwa internals are made to work with each other flawlessly so nothing should be touched. ive owned 4 kwa guns...haha and the only reason I sold them all was because I wanted to build my own gun and pkay around with internals :-)

Hey everyone,

Thanks!!!

Some people are just KWA fans, I'm honestly an Echo 1 and ARES fan. Different people like different things so at the end of the day it all depends on what you like. KWA is known by some people to be very good stock guns and are known by others for proprietary parts which I've seen controversy over on other forums. JG is known for it's massive upgrade options and so is CYMA. They can be fairly cheap guns at first but after switching out the spring, piston, barrel, gearbox shell, and it's bushings they'll work very well. It's all pretty much depending on whether you would like to upgrade a gun or keep it stock.

If you're looking to keep a gun awhile before opening it up, I would consider a KWA or G&G. If you're looking for a cheaper beginner gun then you may want to look into a JG.