to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Revel8

Bevel Gear Question

Bought a broken G&G M14 from someone for cheap. As soon as I opened the gear box I found out that the bevel gear was snapped in half and under load the bottom half was spinning (Don't like the G&G bevel gears). I ordered a SHS 32:1 Gear set and when the gears arrived got here I realized that I need a half tooth piston to run them.

Now my question is, can I just use the bevel gear from the 32:1 set with the stock G&G sector and spur gear? If I'm not mistaken all bevels are the same and the change in ratio comes from the sector gear? I am ordering a half tooth piston but, I wanted to open it up again and fix it before I play this weekend. Not new to working on airsoft gearboxes but, I have never tried to use a pieced together gear set.

No you will not beable to use 18:1 gears (standard) with high Torque or speed gears, they wont mesh properly and you will either have a jamned gearbox or a Catastrpohic failue resulting in broken Gear(s) and or piston. High torque gears have more teeth then standard torque...