Sign in to follow this  
simsrw73

High accuracy pistols

I'm new here and new to airsoft. I'm reading as much as I can to try to get up to speed, but being new I'm still trying to get the lingo so I know what to search for so that I don't have to ask a bunch of stupid questions that have already been answered.

I have read through this forum looking for pistol recommendations, and that's been helpful, but all of those posts put a limit on price. What I'm interested in is finding an extremely accurate pistol with as much range as possible without sacrificing much accuracy. I'm mainly looking right now for something to do some target shooting. Later I might get into airsoft battles, but right now I just want to be a really great shot.

I'm finding it hard to compare various guns. I'll find a gun on one site that I like that seems to have great reviews (like this Cybergun Sig Sauer P226) at a local dealer. But they are out and when I try to find the same model on other sites, I come up with similar but different guns. There are just way too many to choose from with my current level of ignorance.

Can anyone make any suggestions? I don't care to pay more for higher accuracy & reliability. I kinda like the P226, but I'm not limiting it to that. I kinda like the idea of full metal with realistic blow back, but that is not a limiting factor either.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

If you really like the Sig 226, look at KWA and TM. They both make excellent pistols in terms of quality. That being said, most pistols will perform about the same out of the box. You will have to upgrade them to get better performance out of them. It has been my experience that pistols (I own a TM 1911 and KWA Mk23) shoot in the vicinity of 100-150ft accurately (human size target)

The KWA will be full metal, while the TM will be plastic, however there are a TON of parts out there for the TM, including some nice metal bodies.

Do you have an idea of what sort of ranges you would like to be able to accurately shoot? To increase range, you can install stuff like a tight bore barrel, R-hop, hi flow valves (increase fps from my understanding) and use heavier bbs.

The Tokyo Marui Mk23 NBB pistol is sometimes thought of as a "sniper pistol". (NBB=non functioning slide=more gas to propel the bb.)

I like the TM 5.1 hi-capa (GBB) as an upgrade platform. Bit magazine=big gas reservoir, and more after-market parts than any other model.

TM have also just released the P226 E2 which is pretty nice, if you like 226s.

TMs have the best hop-up unit design, which usually translates into best accuracy.

Thanks for the responses. They've been very helpful. I went ahead and ordered a TM P226. I went ahead with it primarily because I like that model gun more than the others and it gets really good ratings on accuracy. It doesn't quite have the range that I was hoping for. I'm envious of the longer range on that Glock 19. I'm hoping some upgrades will squeeze out a bit more range if I can figure out what various upgrades do and which are most effective.

I also thought a lot about the hi-capa. I've seen it referred to quite a bit in my searching with it's huge selection of upgrades / mods. But again, I think I'm partial to the P226. Definitely would have ordered the E2 version if I had found it in stock.

In the end, besides my quest for accuracy, my choice came down to 1) brand name: TM is mentioned on the net and in the forums more than any other brand; 2) availability: a lot of guns that I looked for were out of stock... everywhere (Mk23, E2 version of the P226, and others); and 3) the way a P226 looks and feels in my hand (assuming the TM version is a pretty close replica of the real one).

Thanks again for the feedback. Now to learn about upgrades...

Edited by Randy W. Sims

Congratulations on the purchase! Welcome to the world of gas pistols.

I pity the fool that ever leaves. :mrt:

Don't let that plastic slide sway you, modern Japanese airsoft replicas compete even if they have FPS limitations now

*cough* Digicon

Edited by Bobby Lemain

Any TM pistol is accurate, their glock line is IMO and from what I have seen, the most.

Its all about the quality of the parts and the QC? assembly process. As a result, the way parts fit is amazing. The outer barrel is held by the slide in the exact same position, after every cycle, making the leading up shot as accurate as the first.

This is allowed due to the fact its a plastic gun, so the parts can flex a bit and fit snug.. and nothing beats a TM hop up system :P You will be surprised how far a BB can fly accurately at only 300fps.

Great choice nonetheless!