to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Rancore

how do I remove a stripped hex screw?

Please limit your posts to one. And, I believe there's actually a tool for removing them, though I forget the name. I usually just drill into them, reverse the drill, and it threads out, but this can be risky.

You can try a bit extractor, but that will probably be too big.

What SC suggested would work well if the screw head isn't flush or receded.

You can also insert a hex tool into the hole, then use a little super glue to secure it in. Let it dry and then unscrew it.

Depending how stripped it is, I have had good luck using a torx driver of the same size or one bigger. The torx have a bit more "bite" to the bit.

Sometimes I will take a torx bit that is one size bigger then the hex and just beat it into the screw, essentially turning it into a torx screw.

To remove the hex screw you must complete three test. The first test strength, the second ests is a quest of intelligence and the third is a test of luck. With each test you will gain a part of what you need to complete your quest.

for the test of strength, you must go to the base of the highest mountain there you will find a wise old man who will challenge you strength. To pass the test you must carry the man up the mountain to the top there you find a hammer imbedded in the stone. Remove the hammer to complete the test.

the next test is a test of intelligence. For this challenge the riddle you must answer:

“ what do men fantasize about women, and what should a women never be allowed to do”

This riddle describes the next part of you what you need to complete your quest

The test of luck.. I don’t have anything for this I ran out of ideas … soo figure it out your self lol

Anyway just get a hammer and a screw driver and do as they suggested above.

If you can find a drill bit small enough that is the revers threading of a normal bit. My father had a few in his work room when I was home last. I just drilled it and it came out easy enough.

Edited by campingtomz

If you can find a small enought one, use a tool called an "easy-out" or as others have also pointed out cut a slot and use a flathead, or jam/tap a flathead screwdriver in ther with a hammer

if that won't do it use a larger hammer

follow this logic until it's either fixed, or gone forever

Edited by skag187

I've already tried the super glue and soldering methods but there is a coating on the screw and wrench preventing the substances from binding to the metal

I just purchased a dremel 4000 from home depot last night and I already cut a slit into the screw but it seems the slit is a bit too wide. what do I do now?

ill post an updated picture when I find my camera