aetherguy881

Lancer Tactical FN FAL potential

I've been thinking about getting a new AEG. Also trying to keep away from M4's, not that they're bad, but I wouldn't mind something different. Not to mention a better gearbox. I also don't want to fall back onto an AK.

I've been thinking about the FAL. I've recently checked out the KA FAL. The length was kind of a turn off. I've looked at the Lancer Tactical FAL's on airsoftgi.

Simply put, what I'm thinking of is a mid/long range rifle with rails. I don't know if I would like the folding stock over the full stock (versions on airsoftgi). I am currently thinking about getting this rifle: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=10125 and adding the KA RIS (also on airsoftgi).

I just want to know what people's thoughts would be on this. Also, I'm a midcap guy, I'd buy them as well (including new pouches).

Does anyone have any own any of these as well?

Thanks.

Guest alberty
Bumpity; this is relevant to my interests.

No, don't bump other people's threads for your own purposes...

The only saddest thing about the FAL in the airsoft community that you may or may have not noticed is that mags are laughably expensive. Since they have a unique design it is almost impossible to modify another mag from a replica based on a .308/7.62x51 system to fit.

If you can find and afford them (which I assume you can seeing your plan to get a rail that has the same price tag as the AEG itself), by all means get it. I too was very interested on making a FAL loadout but price threw me off along with several other AEG's to keep me occupied.

This is a pretty "untouched" topic. I haven't seen or heard of anything about the Lancer Tactical FAL. The only things I've read are rumors about it being an Echo 1 with a whole different name. I was going to buy it awhile back, but I decided not to because there were no reviews or tests on it. As the user above me stated, the mags are pretty expensive. The King Arms magazines are $40 apiece. However since this gun has a low price tag as is, I don't see why that would be a problem but...

Anyway, unless you really want this gun it probably wouldn't be the best option for you. I would wait until some decent reviews on Youtube or in some other forums come up. In the meantime you can look at other guns that meet your needs.

Edited by VAairsoft

OKAY

I did a little research, and here's what I found.

The Lancer Tactical FAL is actually a re-branded AGM. Airsoft Megastore is selling the exact same gun under the A&K name as a Mk58 (and for $40 extra), but I wouldn't touch A&K with a 10 foot pole. It's got full metal internals, right down to the bushings, and shoots an average about 425-430 with .2s. I found one guy talking about how he was shooting 437 with .23s, but I think he's full of crap.

It's fairly lightweight, and everyone says it's a very solid feeling gun. And for a carbine, has excellent range. I've read that one guy has been accurately hitting torso sized targets from about 190-210 feet out. Minus about 20-30 feet for a conservative estimate, and that's still 170+ feet. Which for a carbine, is pretty damn good.

It accepts Classic Army style SA58 magazines. However, Classic Army SA58 mid cap magazines are pretty much non existent. I've found a few $18 dollar ones on some Asian hobby sites, but I wouldn't trust them. Especially since the lowest shipping price I found was like $20 bucks. The high caps are about $24.

Stock battery is small type I believe, but ASGI claims that the PEQ box should fit larger batteries. Which would be nice, I'd love to put my 9.6v Large type in one.

But, I've been looking for a good FAL for a while, and I'm seriously tempted to get this one. ASGI apparently has a pretty good opinion of the stock high cap, so I figure two additional high caps should be all you need.

Edited by TigerTank77