to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
ZERGSOMG

Pros and cons of various AEGs.

After extensive research on a budget AEG that will last a good while, I have narrowed my list down to four possible guns.

-SRC AK47 Contractor's edition $220 http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=33638

-Javelin Airsoft Works AK47 Battle Veteran EBB $230 http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=37637

-Cybergin/SoftAir Sig 556 $200 http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=31966v

-KA M4 $185 http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=33573

SRC AK- I've heard great things about SRC's internals and I like this gun a lot. However, I cannot find much information about this gun nor have a found youtube reviews dealing with it. What concerns me is that it runs a m110 and I would prefer a m120.

Javelin AK- I haven't heard much about Javelin and can't find much out. I like the externals, especially the war-torn finish of it. What concerns me is that without a battery and charger, the price tag will run higher than I want and that I have no idea about its internals.

Cybergun Sig 556- It has the unique look I was looking for, but I've heard terrible things about Cybergun. What concerns me is that on evike, it says "Gearbox- Softair full metal gearbox" which makes me doubt the upgradability and performance of the gun. Also, the iron sights on it were reviewed as being pretty bad.

KA M4- No need for any information, seems like a good gun. Only issue is that its an M4 and those seem to ubiquitous on the field.

If anyone can point out any information that will help me, it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

ew avoid Javelin. They rebrand AGM too which isn't bad but they mostly distribute APS which I despise with a passion.

Out of all of those I would go with the King Arms because of their solid track record. JG or G&G combat machine M4's have been more tried and tested though.

ew avoid Javelin. They rebrand AGM too which isn't bad but they mostly distribute APS which I despise with a passion.

Out of all of those I would go with the King Arms because of their solid track record. JG or G&G combat machine M4's have been more tried and tested though.

What's wrong with APS? I have never heard of that company. Also I know the the KA M4 is a good gun and is well worth the price, but its sort of like a last resort purchase if the other ones turn out to suck; I dislike standard M4s because of their prevalence in fields.

Guest alberty
What's wrong with APS? I have never heard of that company. Also I know the the KA M4 is a good gun and is well worth the price, but its sort of like a last resort purchase if the other ones turn out to suck; I dislike standard M4s because of their prevalence in fields.

APS is okay but I've heard mixed feelings about them. I think some people complain about the electric blowback system, and some others complain about some proprietary internals.

If you know how to work on guns, Find something you like externall, then make it shoot well.

IF you cant, Then I would advise taking the plunge on a King arms/ICS/KWA/G&G Proline/G&P Aeg Other then that there isnt too much we can say.

Also the cybergun Sig is a Rebranded JG with Trademarks. FYI...

That King Arms M4 is solid Compared to the Rest of that list. not to mention cheaper, and will last longer. (that being Said I Owned there GBBR m4, and was surprised at the quality, reliability for the price, There mags on the other hand for said GBBR... Entirely different story. nothing a few prowins didnt fix.)

If you are looking for an Ak and Dead Set on an ak-74, Look Up the Newer Model Cyma's, but they will be shooting hot out of the box (420-450 FPS on .2 gram). But there reliable. I'd mention dboys ak, there reliable as well to but finiky with which mags you use them with, and requires modification of the mags/ mag release.

So is the SIG 556 a good choice? What I plan to do immediately is to add a m4 cqb rear sight to replace the junk flip up sight, replace the bucking and add a tightbore. Maybe I'll do some compression upgrades eventually but not in the near future.

So, would this be a good plan in your opinion? Also just for kicks, do you think a rotary 614 sight or a m4 cqb sight is better for the 556?

So is the SIG 556 a good choice?

It's really up to you. From what I've heard about it, it's a decent gun. One of the cons is that down the road, if you want to upgrade it, it uses the less common medium motor length. It does, however, use a V3 gearbox, so those gearbox parts should be easy to source. Something to keep in mind, SIG series airsoft guns have a reputation for being harder to and requiring more work to disassemble. Now, whether or not that's actually true depends on the person. Maybe I'm a little biased given that my electric arsenal is split about 50/50 between P90s (very easy to disassemble) and SIGs (which to me don't seem too bad). Also, with the SIG 556, there are pretty much no aftermarket externals available, and I'm not sure if the KA SIG 556's long rails (if you can find them in stock) will fit the Cybergun version.

The 556 will stand out at the field compared to the various M4s and AKs, and mags will be easy to find and cheap. An M4 will be more customizable, but if you like the stock looks, go for it.

A little off topic: As for Cybergun having a bad reputation, that might be residual effects of people hating Cybergun for past (and present) business practices meant for profit, most recently seen at SHOT Show. People want their guns made with higher quality parts, trademarked, and cheap. Basically, Cybergun would buy up trademark licensing rights from real steel companies, then sue anyone who didn't pay them money to license from them--basically being a bully in the marketplace, eliminating some of the better quality products from the market and replacing them with more expensive but lower quality products. It's kind of like when Umarex got the H&K licensing. Cybergun holds a few big licenses, where the two of most interest to me are SIG and FN, but it includes others like Thompson, Colt, and others. People don't seem to like Cybergun because they used to sell almost exclusively low quality products often with plastic gearboxes (which they didn't actually make, but basically just distributed at a high markup at big-box retailers and sporting goods stores), though there are plenty of decent products now that they license/distribute that are perfectly fine (JG/ICS/G&G/KA SIG series, G&G F2000, KA P90, KJW P226/229, etc.). I'm personally fine, overall, with Cybergun, but others aren't (which is why you'll find that "Boycott Cybergun" thing from awhile ago that some people still follow). A little bit more off topic, but many people seem to like Madbull and their products. I'm personally biased against them because of the way they market and name their products: ultimate hop up chamber, ultimate silicone oil, ultimate tightbore barrel, ultimate heavy BBs, ultimate spring guide, ultimate lipo battery, ultimate propane adapter, etc. Why is everything the "ultimate"? I don't know, but people love it. Are there any good Cybergun-related products? Yep, despite prejudices and ignorance. Are there any bad Cybergun-related products? Sure.

So I also noticed the a&k spr mod 0 and am interested in that as well. Is a&k a dboys clone or is it better? I've heard that a&k is better but I can't find reviews for the spr. Does anyone have any information about the spr?

I'm probably gonna get either the sig 556 or the spr if it's good.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPat...oducts_id=29134

Edited by ZERGSOMG

Well I recently just had a dboys SPR without the tubular handguards. It lasted me for a year and a few months. It had nice range and performance but I cut the bucking accidently but it looked very cheap and I just gave my upper to my friend. Since I'm getting another gun soon I decided I would go ahead and open the gearbox which isnt anything special at all. If you wanted to bump your price up a bit you could get a nice G&P. Alot of their M4's have beutifal externals and are head turners.

M99