to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
billison

Most efficient motor?

High torque motors are more efficient. Those that run cool, even more so since this is an indication of high quality/low resistance parts within the motor. A JG would be a good choice, but so would a Lonex HT or the TerminusX Thunder or Omega motors. The Thunder would have plenty of torque while maintaining a nice ROF and would probably be the optimal choice out of the two.

SHS motors would be a poor choice for efficiency since they are known to be power hogs and can get fairly hot in a short amount of time.

What about amps? decently priced and ive heard good things about them but have no idea where they fall in terms of power consumption.

I would assume less based on it being able to pull a stronger spring on a smaller battery. But I don't know the math.

I'll be testing a matrix magnum I got laying around on a sp1200 and 7.4 2200 mah 40 c.. Let's hope it can last most of a day of play.

SP1200? Damn. :a-grin: That battery should defiantly last you the day. I used my 7.4v 2560mah 40C pack for and entire day with juice to spare. I went through somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 of my brand new bag of Bioshot bbs so somewhere between 1-2K for the day. This was also on a G&P M120 motor, which is a high speed.

I have heard that the AMP T5000L (torque motor) are a little bit faster than most torque motors, so this would indicate they consume a bit more power because they will be wound a little differently than other torque motors. That being said, it is still considered a torque motor, so efficiency won't be terrible.

That SP1200 is gonna give you over 4000 fps, so you should at least respect a 25 ft minimum engagement distance :P

But to answer your question, yes it will last you the entire day. My 11.1v 2800 mAh (I know it's 11.1v and bigger mAh, but still) had 3.8v left on each cell after a full bag of Hailstorm (5000) on a SHS HT. You should be fine with a 7.4v with 2200 mAh.

I have heard that AMP motors are clones of SHS HT but idk, I have no experience whatsoever with it

my experience with shs motors show that on semi after a few shots they tend to heat up but the amount they heat up isnt noticeable to be honest. When I read they heat up I was taken back to a motor that would heat up so much the grip would make my hand sweat, no this is wrong and scared me away from shs motors for the longest time to describe the amount of heat they produce take your hand and touch your forehead. This is a highly general generalization not only cause body temperatures differ but because of shs motors will heat up different amounts in different setups. Example poor shimming and a strong spring and your making bacon perfect shimming and proper spring for motor and your good. Shs motors also vary on how much juice you throw at them the more the better. Sorry for the kinda off topic mumble but I like to help out new ones that are on the edge of deciding.