Havoc Spartan

Bravo Advanced MOSFET Unit 3

I have the Bravo Advanced MOSFET unit 3 installed in my gun and played a huge OP last weekend at Ground Zero Airsoft in Wolcott, CT. It was was about an 8 hour game with constantly changing objectives and about 60 people per team. Towards the end of the day my gun began to shoot bursts almost in Semi auto. I set up the MOSFET to be safe/Semi/Burst-Full Hybrid when I first got it about 9 months ago. Gun has been working beautiful and throughout out the day functioned perfect. I'm using a 11.1 LiPo on the gun and didn't get a warning about the battery being dead the whole day which was weird but all in all I only fired about 1000 bbs through it all day. Now in the gun has issues detecting my trigger pulls, I have to pull it back all the way as compared to me just pulling a little and the gun responds and sometimes I have to hold it, and it feels like I'm breaking the trigger. On semi the gun will almost shoot a burst, usually 2 bbs and then you hear the motor over wind as if it tries for a 3rd one but stops half way. On Burst and full it pauses for irregular times in between bbs. I have it set so if I let go before a burst is done it will finish but when I pull it, the burst it shoots one waits like .5 seconds shoots another and then waits 1 sec fires the next then will fire again. I'm attempting to reset the MOSFET to default settings but because its not detecting trigger pulls it not working. Any ideas about what it could be? Thanks in advanced. If a video is needed I'll throw one up.

Try resetting the MOSFET and see what happens. I would also suggest trying to bypass it and see how the gun performs without it installed. If it still acts up, take a look at the trigger contacts. The fact that you have to jam the trigger all the way back and even then it doesn't work perfectly points to me that perhaps your contacts aren't connecting all the way, causing intermittent signal to get through. Perhaps through use the contacts have spread apart, making contact between the contacts intermittent.

It would also be worth your while to check if there are any frays in any of the wiring (possible shorts), as well as if the motor contacts are on (solder them!), and if the motor is in good working condition. Though airborne is correct, in that the problem likely lies in the trigger contacts.

Best of Luck.

-Major9

Turns out the MOSFET became retarded (from the tech who installed it). They replaced it free of charge because there was no way I could have fixed it. I can't test my gun with out a MOSFET because my LiPo rips through the gears, or at least it did last time. Thanks for the help guys but turns out it was defected. Only took 5-6 months for the gun to show it

How does the LiPo rip through gears without the mosfet yet not with the mosfet. I don't think the mosfet changes anything besides saving your trigger contacts.

I need to lower my motor speed by 20%. MOSFETs do alot more than save trigger contacts. Obviously, you've never put/seen someone put a LiPo on a non LiPo ready gun.