Sign in to follow this  
TheFallenHero

Airsoft lube at walmart

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! lol. Don't use a paper product. It will scratch your barrel. Use something made of cotton. If you have .22 barrel cleaning patches, those should work.

Agreed, that's why they have those cleaning cloths with rods with new guns. That cloth is made for barrels, since it's soft enough. Never use paper towels/napkins.

Certain ACE stores carry SuperLube, a silicone-based gel lubricant. It's good for o-rings and other rubber parts. ACE also carries AGS White Lithium Grease - it's good for gears and anything that isn't rubber or plastic.

As far as barrels go, it's important that you keep them clean, clear, and dry. Rubbing alcohol does this pretty effectively - just alternate between damp swabs and dry ones until your barrel is clean, and make sure you take your hop up bucking out before using alcohol on your barrel.

Edited by Cardboard Box

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! lol. Don't use a paper product. It will scratch your barrel.

Unless I missed something recently, Aluminum beats a paper napkin for hardness. Even if it did scratch my barrel slightly, it wont scratch it enough to hurt my accuracy to a point where I would care. Also, I forsee any pitts being filled in by BB's anyways, just like a barrels break in period. Anyone remember DBC 6.01mm barrels? they had a ridiculous break in period of 10k rounds or something.