to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
No_6

Need some ideas for modifying Pulse Rifle

First off, I should say that OOTB, I like it. It shoots pretty straight for a gun with (what I assume) is the stock Thompson inner barrel. Has a good metal content, and the shapes are all right... but the plastic grenade launcher shroud is pretty flimsy and there is no spring on the slide action sleeve, so it just moves around. Also, the metal door isn't aligned correctly, so with the sleeve fully forward, nearly 1/2" of the "shotgun" shell is visible. Also, the ABS on the upper receiver and the magazine cover are pretty flimsy, so I could see them getting cracked or dented in moderate use. Oh, and there are no sights, of course. I am not sure if this is a rebranded G&P kit or not, as I don't have anything for comparison.

Anyhow, my project over the next few months is to address all of the weaknesses of the kit and to add some functionality. Here were my ideas so far:

1) Fill the upper receiver halves with resin as well as much of the magazine cover as possible to make both parts structurally rigid.

2) Possibly relocate battery to the carry handle and add a color-matched door with a deans connector to charge the battery without disassembling the gun. There is enough space in there to accommodate a good size battery.

3) Either add iron sights to the trench (minimally invasive) or install a picatinny rail system inside the trench, which would require a fair amount of surgery, but I think it could be done in such a way as not to drastically alter the look of the gun.

4) Add a textured rubber butt-pad.

Here's what I really need help with/suggestions:

What to do about the chinzy grenade launcher.

While the parts are the correct, flipped Spas-12 handguard and sleeve, as I mentioned, they are flismy and the overall fit is pretty loose. Also, there is no trigger assembly at all for it, not even a fake, non-functional one. I would like to replace this all with something much more substantial and functional.

The optimal set-up would be to have a fully-functional ejection port, and to use the 8mm Marushin or Tanaka 6mm gas shotgun shells.

My second choice would be to gut a tri-shot UTG springer shotgun.

I really don't want to spend much more than like $300 on all the modifications.

Ideas? Thoughts? Do you guys think this is at all possible?

SOMEBODY ACTUALLY BOUGHT ONE? Oh you poor poor sucker.

Matrix is nothing, its just what Evike stamps on things right before they screw you, so while its technically possible its G&P I'd bet good money that its some chinese POS they cooked up special.

You're not the first person who has wanted to install a "real" shotgun to replace the fake one. It has been done. Some work on the google might pull up a guide from someone who actually did the mod. On your budget though I'm not sure what to say, as I recall it was basically buying a shotgun and hacking it up until it fit. It won't leave much for the rest.

Guest greg93

Just an idea, if you really want to have a fully functional shotgun, then try and remove the imitation shotgun by cutting/sawing/or unscrewing it off and mounting on a rail and then buy a real shotgun to attach on. Just make shure that before you cut the old shotgun off that there will be solid platform to mount the rail onto.

If you don't actually want a functioning shotgun, then heres what I would suggest (and I really do think that this is your best option since shotguns in airsoft are rarely helpful) glue the handle of the shotgun to the gun in the back position so that it functions as a sort of grip (almost like a magpul). This will make the gun seem a little sturdier while also feeling more ergonomic. Next, check to see how much space is inside of the shotgun and try re-wiring your battery to the inside of the shotgun where the imitation shell is, which will probably get you some more battery space not to mention ease of removing the battery.

As for the iron sights, I would mount a rail onto the entire top of the gun, and just get some MBUS sights or a red dot to put on it (the red dot will probably be a little cheaper and will look more futuristic).

You don't have a lousy gun, although I wouldnt buy anything made by evike or matrix ever again, but you're gonna need to get creative if you want it to work for you.

Guest greg93
I am assuming you have never used a tri-shot in CQB.

I was referring to underbarrel shotguns for AR's, the tri-shot is a different story...

Guest alberty

You could possibly use one of those TM M203 tri-shots, but that's a rare thing and would be a waste to gut for this usage...

After a few min of looking at the gun.. I like the idea of it... but this just seams like a poor product. I love the ammo counter but it don't even count the mag as much as it just randomly counts the shots... hope it goes well guy. maybe post some pics of it and we can try to help.

The matrix aim gearbox aren't a total trash, if you tune it the same as everything else its fine. But this pulse rifle is going to give you afew headaches. Try to reinforce with some aluminum also for a structure.

MATRIX is a hit or miss. Anything AIM tends to be decent, around SHS quality but for 3x the price. It's definitely not the G&P kit if it feels flimsy, the G&P kit was quite solid from what I remember. For a budget of $300, I'd be careful what you get... focus on getting it all solid first and save getting a functional shotgun for last. A UTG tri-shot should do the trick, just be careful when installing and you'll probably need to touch up the paint.

for the shot gun I saw this inthe forsale section today http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/XM8-Lipo...3r-t243115.html

moding that to work for one and to fit in the gun would be a good project

Several of the guys over at the Replica Props Forum purchased this gun, and one of them owns the G&P kit and he said that it appears to be the identical kit.

That said, I have to agree with what has been said about some Matrix products. The Matrix TBB are crap. They look great, but when I switched from the stock brass barrel in my Echo-1 P90 to the SS Matrix 6.03, my groups immediately went to crap, just going all over the place. Yeah, it cost half as much as a Prommy, but the groups were twice as large as the stock brass barrel. Just not worth it.

Several of the guys over at the Replica Props Forum purchased this gun, and one of them owns the G&P kit and he said that it appears to be the identical kit.

That said, I have to agree with what has been said about some Matrix products. The Matrix TBB are crap. They look great, but when I switched from the stock brass barrel in my Echo-1 P90 to the SS Matrix 6.03, my groups immediately went to crap, just going all over the place. Yeah, it cost half as much as a Prommy, but the groups were twice as large as the stock brass barrel. Just not worth it.

Did you clean you tbb and install correctly though?

*Flame proof suit on*

I use matrix BB's... I don't go for accuracy though so I suppose I'm alright... :O

Anyways, trishots will be best to install. Will require hacking and granding and may not even turn out great. I'm positive you will have to hack the barrel to make it size appropriate. But hey, may be a fun project?

Yup. I just installed Prommy 6.03 stainless barrels last night and my groupings immediately improved ( I did clean both of those as well).